Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/10/2010 11:19:53 PM EDT
Have you ever had a full on visual hallucination?

Some of the ones I remember best:

Friend's face being made up of tiny tiles.
My body turning into clay and melting into the ground.
The whole landscape turning in to brown clay.
Stuff generally turning into clay.
My hip joint becoming exposed and my leg starting to drift away from my body.
My leg being made of wood.
Leaves blowing in the wind on the trees turning into dragons and flying around the trees.
Small dragons the size of birds flying inside my house.
Extreme time distortion, speaking and moving in slow motion.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:22:36 PM EDT
Yes. I was on a road trip, was overly tired and in the middle of Yukon Territories and I hallucinated a moose crossing in front of me and I snapped right awake. Less than a minute later an actual big ass bull moose crossed right in front of me.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:23:14 PM EDT
Sounds like you found some good stuff....

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:25:05 PM EDT
Drugs are bad, m'kay?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:27:21 PM EDT
That a Commie Kenyan was US President.....
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:29:07 PM EDT
I tried salvia a couple years back when it was still legal in Florida. Tripped my balls off for about 15 minutes, then back to normal.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:30:28 PM EDT
I was writing a paper VERY sleep deprived and saw moment on the ceiling and watched a Rat run upside down across the ceiling. I went to sleep shortly after that
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:33:50 PM EDT
I once opened arfcom and all of the thread titles made sense with no misspellings

I blinked and everything went back to normal though.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:35:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By glockkaboom:
That a Commie Kenyan was US President.....

Unfortunately that is not a hallucination. It is a bad trip.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:41:11 PM EDT
yep. I locked up the wheels on the car at 5 am. It was still dark out. I thought a woman was crossing in front of me. I was very tired coming home from my 3rd shift job. I was quite awake after I looked in my mirrors on where she went. Maybe it was a ghost?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:44:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Pain:
yep. I locked up the wheels on the car at 5 am. It was still dark out. I thought a woman was crossing in front of me. I was very tired coming home from my 3rd shift job. I was quite awake after I looked in my mirrors on where she went. Maybe it was a ghost?

maybe she dove in the fucking ditch in desperation
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:48:07 PM EDT
Yes...when very light headed after VIGOROUS exercise.

I usually see stars.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:08:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2010 12:10:44 AM EDT by BattletweeteR]
yes, and while i was not on drugs.

i have seen on 2 different occasions seen hallucinated "spider" in the past 30 months or so.
it looked like lines/string that created the spiders, but they were not spiders, and i knew they were not spiders...just looked like spiders and moved like spider.

now here is the weird thing...i have found a websight where people have seen similar things. spider, that were not spider, but appeared to be made out of lines/string.

i have done LSD a few times in my wayward youth. and i have never seen anything like this. LSD only made me pull the images of things out of other images. things would appear to transmorph. and see tracers.

the spiders were a full "object comes out of no where, walks across the ceiling and then dissapear into nothingness" type things. these objects were teh size of my hand. and seeing a spider like object the size of your hand will get your attention.

the folks on the websights seem to have figured out a pattern. the spiders seem to occur to people who are tired , and who have bouts of insomia. and in moments of about to go to sleep, or wake up from sleep. but nobody knows why we are seeing the same thing tho.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:18:18 AM EDT
Yes.

I met a girl once- she was normal.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:35:35 AM EDT
that a field with little white flowers was a popcorn field
that my apartment was on fire
that my tile designs were moving like ants
that the room was spinning verticaly
that cowboys an indians were chasing each other acrossed the highway
that i had disco balll lights on my cieling no bal or lights present
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:36:02 AM EDT
Yes. Cops lined up on the side of the road and they pulled out behind me when I passed them. It was a trip.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:39:26 AM EDT
I've never done illegal narcotics; any opium product I was ever prescribed, never did anything to me.

Thankfully I've never been in the type of pain in which you see shit. So my answer is no. I like my brain the way it is thank you very much.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:45:10 AM EDT
Yes, induced by sleep-deprivation.

Best example was a few weeks back at the end of a 12 hour night shift with very little sleep the day prior.

A 1-2 sq. Yard patch of grass began flowing like a river current, with ripples across the surface. The clarity of the vision was astounding.

When sleep-deprived, I tend to see shadow-people or shadow-animals moving in my peripheral vision.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:46:38 AM EDT
I've had some rather vivid and frightening ones during episodes of sleep paralysis (before I knew what that was and that hallucinations can accompany it). Some included sensations of being touched, dragged, pushed, pulled, sat or pressed down upon, choked, grabbed, or even simply lifting up into the sky at an increasing speed (those freaked me out the most, especially given what I often was "seeing"; I've also had dreams like that where I'm outside, see some movement in the sky, and then just start going upwards; that usually wakes me up within about 10 seconds). All that while being unable to move, speak (sometimes a squeak comes out), and barely able to move my eyes. I don't think anything else, even when someone tried to shoot me and run me over with their car, scared me more. Also, I would hear humming noises or similar noises at times or sometimes there was a sort of strobe effect I was seeing. Sometimes my vision would get unusually blurry as well (or unusually sharp when my glasses were off; I can't see shit without them).

I figured out that if I sleep on my stomach or sides (usually a particular side on particular nights) I would rarely get sleep paralysis and eventually the vivid hallucination episodes went away although once in awhile I get the feeling of someone or something slowly going on top of me or pushing me over (and I perceive my movement) during sleep paralysis. If I concentrate on moving hard enough I can end the paralysis sooner. Man, I would hate to be genuinely paralysed. Terrible feeling.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:51:20 AM EDT
I stayed awake for 72 hours once.
I was at work, and started to see mouths in the expanded metal walkways.
The wierd part, was that I was so exhausted I could doze off while standing up. But when I layed down in my bed, my brain turned on and I could not go to sleep.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:06:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:07:25 AM EDT
Nope.

My brother had pretty bad hallucinations for about an hour one night at my house when he took a new dosage of his prescribed Ambien and didn't go to sleep right away. He said he was seeing faces in the dark, shit was taking on humanoid form and everything was constantly moving.

I've always wondered what it would be like to see hallucinations.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:20:00 AM EDT
I used to do lcd quite a bit when I was younger. I had a few freakouts that my friends still laugh about every now and then

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:21:26 AM EDT
The summer before my freshman year at college I was required to go to an orientation. My dad went with me. I got really bad food poisoning right before and during the trip. I don't know why but I thought I could muscle through it and tough it out. I think it was cause I had told my dad I didn't want to go to college and he thought I was full of shit when I told him I was sick. He told me to shut up and suck it up.

I spent the week of orientation not being able to keep food down, and sleep. I was dehydrated, sleep deprived, and hungry. I got through the week and after the eight hour drive home I ate dinner (which I couldn't hold down). All I remember is walking upstairs to my room and being exhausted but knowing I could finally go to sleep. Much to my surprise there was a raccoon trying to get comfortable in my bed. He gave me the "fuck off this is my bed and we aren't sharing" look. I was so exhausted I didn't feel the need to argue with him. I left my room and walked back downstairs. I decided the hardwood floor of our family room was a great place to sleep even with all the comfortable furniture. The next morning I woke up to my dad kicking me and asking me why I was sleeping on the floor.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:26:43 AM EDT
Yes. Salvia is one hell of a drug. Only tried it once though. Hallucinated that I was flying and shit, my friends say I was just laying on a bed laughing non stop for about 7 minutes.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:28:44 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Truth2882:
I used to do lcd quite a bit when I was younger. I had a few freakouts that my friends still laugh about every now and then

Should have tried plasma instead.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:45:19 AM EDT
I know that a lot of people did in the last election -

B H Obama - People hallucinated and thought that the promises of a job, hope and a place in the lifeboat were real
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:51:23 AM EDT
I've experienced some audible hallucinations and one or to visual hallucinations after fairly significant sleep deprivation.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:55:41 AM EDT
When I was about 10 or 11 I got really sick with a fever of 103.5. I had all kinds of wild hallucinations. One was that I did an out of body experiance and took a tour of the inside of the VCR I was passing out in front of in the living room. That was one fucked up experiance
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:59:47 AM EDT
Middle of the night, somewhere on I-80 in the middle of Wyoming, after a long day of driving... And I was getting DAMNED pissed at those fucking 4 foot tall seagulls that wouldn't get out of my way!
Yeah, the tar lines on the interstate looked like seagulls...
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:10:24 AM EDT
In college it wasn't that unusual to be awake for 30-40 hours at a time. LOTS of audible hallucinations (people calling me name while listening to music, sometimes while not), phantom ring (vibrating cell phone in pocket - which wasn't in my pocket). Fun times
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:19:10 AM EDT
Do Beer Goggles count?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:35:16 AM EDT
Robitussin DM and Dramamine when I was a teen. Had a crystal clear visual and auditory hallucination of the same conversation with a chick that was never there. Had the same exact conversation word for word with her for about 5 minutes about 5-6 times one right after another. Really freaked out my buddy. Was also seeing what looked like a some sort of crustacean with a spiny tail. My buddy saw it too. We were convinced we had astro traveled to another plane and it could see us. We thought it was testing the air too see if we could see it. Scarred the shit out of us (stoopid kids ). Took a lot of LSD and mushrooms in the Military but nothing seemed as real the robo-dramamine experience.

Wised up/grew up and haven't touched anything stronger than an occasional beer since.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:44:21 AM EDT
I watched bigfoot walk through my room when I was 2-3 years old (one of my first memories),nothing sense then.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:03:54 AM EDT
I had surgery on my ankle a couple of years back. They had me on some very powerful pain medicine. After having a scare where I thought I was having a heart attack, I said screw it and started taking ibuprofen to deal with any pain. When I quit taking that pain medicine I started seeing some evil imagines when I would close my eyes to try and sleep at night. Fortunately, that didn't last long. Maybe a night or two.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:12:49 AM EDT
Yep.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:15:56 AM EDT
No comment.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:18:34 AM EDT
I had been running a couple of days on practically no sleep and was driving down the highway during the middle of the night and I suddenly saw a car sitting sideways in the middle of the road with a woman standing in front of it waving her arms to get my attention. I hit the brakes and they disappeared. It woke me up enough to make the last 30miles of the trip without any problems.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:22:00 AM EDT
Auditory hallucinations after significant sleep deprivation. Heard people calling my name trying to talk to me, when I looked nobody was there.

Visual and auditory hallucinations with a fever on two separate occasions. People I saw and talked to at both places swore they hadn't seen me within days of those incidents.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:25:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By dedfella:

I once opened arfcom and all of the thread titles made sense with no misspellings

I blinked and everything went back to normal though.

Originally Posted By dedfella:

maybe she dove in the fucking ditch in desperation

You are on a roll....
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:26:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bigjunk1:
I watched bigfoot walk through my room when I was 2-3 years old (one of my first memories),nothing sense then.

That was "Uncle" Bigfoot.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:27:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Mech2007:
Originally Posted By Truth2882:

Should have tried plasma instead.

lol...this thread delivers.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:31:48 AM EDT
I had pneumonia really bad with a high fever one time about 6 years ago. I was up in my bedroom and woke up and saw the devil sitting at the foot of my bed looking at me. I asked him why he was there and he said he was waiting for me. We had a conversation for about 15 minutes before my wife came into the room and turned the light on to check on me and he was gone.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:37:27 AM EDT
DAVES NOT HERE MAN!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:44:50 AM EDT
Thought I did, the night 0bama was elected.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:47:15 AM EDT
No.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:56:31 AM EDT
The new meds I am on have a small chance of hallucinations for side effects, the other day I freaked out because it looked like the predator was in front of me and cloaked for about 15 minutes, It made a huge blind spot and the effect stayed there with my eyes closed. I am glad I wasn't driving.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:44:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2010 5:45:13 AM EDT by WildApple]
Yes,

During a fever 104F

That's the temperature your brain starts cooking
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:47:59 AM EDT
I was cognizant of culture back in the 70s and 80s, I've experimented with a few "things", and NO I have never had a hallucination.

Not even when I was deathly ill (I had pneumonia a couple of times when I was young, mid to late 70s)
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:03:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By WildApple:
Yes,

During a fever 104F

That's the temperature your brain starts cooking

This.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:06:14 AM EDT
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top