Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:36:53 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Paul Revere never said "The British are coming."

Well, what do you think he said to Adams and Hancock when he got to Lexington?  The Russians are coming?

Back then we WERE British.

It would make just as much sense today as shouting 'The Americans are coning!"

Paul Revere shouted "The Regulars are out!"

(Meaning Regular British troops)

How come no one ever mentions William Dawes when they speak of that night?

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:39:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what did I miss , has it started yet

Oh shit––they've arrived!!  Head for the hills!!!

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:53:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:58:18 AM EDT
[#4]

You rang?

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:15:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

don't make me climb hills , I don't do hills

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:20:43 AM EDT
[#6]
In to see how it goes.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:25:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I for one would welcome the return of a monarchy, I have blue blood lineage that I can directly link to Charles I of Austria.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:40:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, what do you think he said to Adams and Hancock when he got to Lexington?  The Russians are coming?

Back then we WERE British.

It would make just as much sense today as shouting 'The Americans are coning!"

Paul Revere shouted "The Regulars are out!"

(Meaning Regular British troops)

How come no one ever mentions William Dawes when they speak of that night?

he didn't have a good press agent.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:42:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Aim small, miss small.  

*GNNUGHHRKK* FALLS DOWN DEAD

YA GOT ME, PILGRIM!

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:26:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
WTF does he mean by that?

The British are not even breathing hard yet.

I think OP fancies himself a revolutionary. Despite the fact he lives in a safe, first world country with a democratic, representative and accountable government, he is still not happy. He wants more (much like the welfare queens, in an ironic way). He wants society to be ordered exactly as he sees fit, and because America doesn't agree with him, and he can't convince them of his brilliance, the only answer in OP's mind is a violent overthrow of the aforementioned government, in contravention of the laws society has imposed to ensure that government remains so.

He is trying - and failing - to draw a parallel to the situation in 1776, where there were some legitimate gripes to be had.

I think you missed the point.  In the context of all the topics getting locked today, would similar topics about conflict with the British have been locked in the day?  Further comments withheld in the interest of decorum.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:31:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
for what? back taxes?

How else are they going to pay for all those entitlements?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:23:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

don't make me climb hills , I don't do hills

We can carpool.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:37:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Redcoats or Regulars are coming.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:42:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think OP fancies himself a revolutionary. Despite the fact he lives in a safe, first world country with a democratic, representative and accountable government, he is still not happy. He wants more (much like the welfare queens, in an ironic way). He wants society to be ordered exactly as he sees fit, and because America doesn't agree with him, and he can't convince them of his brilliance, the only answer in OP's mind is a violent overthrow of the aforementioned government, in contravention of the laws society has imposed to ensure that government remains so.

He is trying - and failing - to draw a parallel to the situation in 1776, where there were some legitimate gripes to be had.

Wow... and yet the Australians sat around and watched as their government demanded that their slaves turning in their weapons and the people obeyed

Must be a tough life sitting around judging other people with a tail between the legs
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:44:57 AM EDT
[#17]

I actually thought it was funny.

If I was living back in the early 1700's I would not have thought so
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:58:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
for what? back taxes?

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:01:57 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Paul Revere rode west, to where Hancock and Addams were, and another guy, a black patriot, rode north, where much of the miltia came from, with the same news.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:03:34 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Make sense of GTFO.

Lol.

really?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:04:02 AM EDT
[#21]

tap-tap

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:05:27 PM EDT
[#22]
So it's not time to start poping the covers off Pmags?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:53:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow... and yet the Australians sat around and watched as their government demanded that their slaves turning in their weapons and the people obeyed

Must be a tough life sitting around judging other people with a tail between the legs

It's interesting that you criticise us for not engaging in pointless and ultimately fruitless revolution against the ill-founded democratic will of the people.

I guess my history books must have had the armed revolts in 1936, 1968 and 1994 censored...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top