Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/10/2010 5:45:33 PM EDT
the hell happened?

one of my sisters friends kid didn't even know you could drink water out of a tap!

water faucets at schools closed down because of possible ecoli.

drinking out of a water hose gives you cancer or other diseases.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:46:40 PM EDT
[#1]
It's all Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:49:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know what you're talking about.
Around here I see a lot of kids drinking water out of a tap, or a hose - only the weird parents are drinking plain old water out of an expensive bottle...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:50:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I drink bottled water at work, but hell, we don't have much choice working the West VA. strip mines. My children both drink tap water and when they're outside when they get a bit older, they're going to know where the hose is.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:52:59 PM EDT
[#4]
We don't drink the tap water here due to there being small amounts of arsenic in the water.

Its probably not enough to ever hurt anyone but why take that chance?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#5]
-Flouride
-Chem-Trails
-bigfoot
-CIA
-truthers
-Area 51
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:54:48 PM EDT
[#6]
depending what part of the city you live in tapwater can taste fine or taste like it was pumped right out of someones pool. I only drink bottled water or water from a brita etc pitcher.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:56:19 PM EDT
[#7]
tap water is good to go around here.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Even though we all did this as kids, drinking from a garden hose is really not safe, especially if you have animals around the yard (fecal matter contamination).

Drinking from the kitchen sink or bathroom tap = fine, although not always tasty.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#9]
My tap water tastes like Rosie O'Donnell lives in my well.

PUR for me thanks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:57:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk, ice cream? Ice cream, Mandrake? Children's ice cream!...You know when fluoridation began?...1946. 1946, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual, and certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works. I first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love...Yes, a profound sense of fatigue, a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I-I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence. I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women, er, women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake...but I do deny them my essence.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:58:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
http://www.briansdriveintheater.com/beefcake/sterlinghayden30.jpg
Do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk, ice cream? Ice cream, Mandrake? Children's ice cream!...You know when fluoridation began?...1946. 1946, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual, and certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works. I first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love...Yes, a profound sense of fatigue, a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I-I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence. I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women, er, women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake...but I do deny them my essence.

wtf
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
depending what part of the city you live in tapwater can taste fine or taste like it was pumped right out of someones pool. I only drink bottled water or water from a brita etc pitcher.

+1.  Water tastes great in my house, but I've been to friends houses and almost choked on the sewage coming out of their tap.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:59:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

wtf

I'm guessing you were born in the early to mid 90's.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#14]
My 2 girls do drink tap water.
Run our tap water through a brita to try and get rid of all the chlorine taste.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#15]
My tap water is excellent.  Comes out of the ground 50 feet from my front door and 300 feet down.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I still do.

Tap water and soda was the only thing I drank.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:02:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't drink  the tap water....it's spoiled!  ssssshhhhhhh!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:02:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Fluoridation.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wtf

Dont hate the generation
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:03:08 PM EDT
[#20]
They never maintained the piping since when you were a kid.

Water from the fountains tastes like a rust bucket...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#21]
cause of the carbs.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:03:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My tap water is excellent.  Comes out of the ground 50 feet from my front door and 300 feet down.

THIS!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#23]
The water in my town will kill you.................I'm not joking , it makes everyone sick.

Now , at my parents, their 'tap' water is from a artesian spring, so that means I go to their house once a week and fill up 2 5gal bottles and bring it back here to town.

Some towns (like mine) transport the water through 100+ year old pipes, and to fix that they dump in tons of chemicals to make it 'safe'. It tastes worse than drinking pool water.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:07:20 PM EDT
[#24]
My two little boys drink tap, no bottled water for us.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#25]
My sister in law won't drink tap water, will only drink Albertsons water. I showed her the label, which lists the source of the water as some Idaho city municipal water. She still insists on the store bought water. (although I cant blame her too much, since they live in LA, and the tap water does taste like crap)
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wtf

Dont hate the generation

I'm not.  I have a son born in the 90's.  

I'm just curious to see if I'm right.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#27]
At work, I have flash distillers.

At home, I have a well.

I get REALLY good water.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:10:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

the hell happened?

one of my sisters friends kid didn't even know you could drink water out of a tap!

Dude I gotta tell ya, where I live, it tastes like pure ass.

It stinks to high hell, I don't even like showering in the shitwater.

I have a water filter in my fucking shower.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:11:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

wtf

That's funny

eta: DON'T LET HIM SEE THE BIG BOARD!

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:13:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Deeetroit city water is all me and my kid drink.  At least the water is good to go around here. Its been tested a few times here and places near me, always tested just fine and it tastes fine.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:15:47 PM EDT
[#31]
I honestly don't know.

I drink tap water. It's a lot cheaper. I've drank tap water my whole life, so tap water tastes normal and distilled is weird to me.

FWIW, AZ has some hard tap water. I figure the minerals are good for me.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:19:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Tap water is icky.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:20:45 PM EDT
[#33]
I didn't drink tap water as a kid (we drank bottled or filtered) as the well water was harder than pumice.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#34]
The best tasting water comes out of a hydrant with a 50' hose attached.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:26:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Here in Adelaide we have some of the worst tasting tap water in the world.

I still drink it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:26:14 PM EDT
[#36]
flouride and clorine are stone cold toxic POISON. bottled and filtered city tap for my kids, they know the dif.  my city h20 is so bleachy dont even need soap to wash dishes. let it dry on a plate, leaves powder.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:27:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
the hell happened?

I don't drink tap water because IN MY AREA the water is

1. Never clear......usually has a rusty shade to it.
2. Smells like sulfur.
3. Makes my stomach hurt.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#38]
the water here in my trailer park is shit.  it either smells like chlorine or sewage.  occasionally it'll come out brown.  i buy my water by the gallon, and use the tap water for washing dishes.

my parents, on the other hand, have fantastic tap water.  its all i drink when im up at their place.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#39]
I have a couple artesian wells on my property.  Magic water just flows out of the ground and tastes great.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Our tap water is hard as a rock (limescale) so it gets run through a softener.  Softened water just tastes nasty.  While cooking with it is ok (e.g. making pasta), we run all drinking water through a filter.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:42:55 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

A pool owned by someone who doesn't know how to maintain it!

I'm a pool owner.  It's easy to demonstrate that the water in my pool is FAR cleaner and clearer than the city tap water,

which is certainly drinkable.

I've used pool water (from my pool) as drinking water in the past.  Its lack of any particular taste actually makes it far superior

for cooking and drinking, particularly if you use it as a base for tea, coffee, whatever.   Having essentially no flavor to impart to

the drink, the drink becomes more flavorful as nothing is masking any flavors.

I can take a sample of my pool water and a sample of tap water and a sample of any given bottled or spring water,  run a complete

set of chemical tests on them,  and the result is that my pool water is in better chemical balance than the others,  and is as pure

and clean as most bottled water products.

There's nothing wrong with water out of a well maintained pool.  It's very clean,  with LESS chemicals in it than tap water.

CJ

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

The best tasting water comes out of a hydrant with a 50' hose attached.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#43]
During the summers hear in DFW the city water tastes awful. I've heard it's due to algal blooms in the local reservoirs. Whatever the reason, it tastes like dirt during the summer months.

The cities all assure us it is safe, but bottled water is too cheap to put up with that nasty taste.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Tap water is regulated by the EPA. Bottled water is regulated by the FDA. While both have similar published standards for contaminants and safety, only the EPA has a worthwhile way to ensure compliance.

If you think your tap water is unsafe, there are many at home testing kits available. They are inexpensive and the peace of mind they offer is worth more then the cost. If your tap water violates EPA standards, contact the EPA and they will investigate. If your bottled water is unsafe, you're pretty much shit out of luck. Recalls of bottled water are rare and never publicized, but it absolutely  happens. This is no guarantee with bottled water (it's often just bottled tap water!).

Tap water may smell funny, but in the US it is rarely actually dangerous. Filters can remove any unpleasant taste and are orders of magnitude cheaper then bottled water.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

We don't drink the tap water here due to there being small amounts of arsenic in the water.

Its probably not enough to ever hurt anyone but why take that chance?

Better not breathe in any dust out there either, then...

Pretty poor excuse for wasting money on bottled water that probably came from the city water supply anyway....

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:04:42 PM EDT
[#46]

Penn and Teller's Bullshit episode on it was great as well...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#47]
So much fail in a tap water post....
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#48]
come taste mine, then help yourself to a bottle from the fridge.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:29:48 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

THIS!

same here.  but mine is about 75 feet out my back door.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top