Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/10/2010 5:00:46 PM EDT
Basically what it says, who here might change routine, carry when they don't, make emergency plans, etc.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:02:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2010 5:02:42 PM EDT by Hard_Rock]
Originally Posted By norcal5815:
Basically what it says, who here might change routine, carry when they don't, make emergency plans, etc.

Given the threat we've been under for decades, we should all be on high alert and should have been on high alert for a long time. As such, I have no need to change my outlook. I'm ready for just about anything that could come along as well as I possibly could be.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:04:18 PM EDT
When I was living in urban California, I was more alert than usual.

Rural, MT? Nope. Chances are essentially zero for anything at all happening this far off the beaten track.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:06:18 PM EDT
No, I'm pissed off every day.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:15:20 PM EDT
We saw a video trailer of the events of 9-11, some Ive never seen before, many gruesome images . Did it make me sad? yes i had tears.... but more then ever i was pissed. I left that class pissed and watery eyed, students looking at me like . They dont understand, as most of them were 9 yrs old when it happened. And some dont care..... but I remember that day (Im 25) and it reminded me why I joined up to kick their ass the day after my HS graduation. Those kids just dont understand..... sad really. It just made me want to go right back to the recruiters and sign up for another 8 years if it meant I'd be kicking their asses for at least another 6 of those 8 yrs. But I'll leave that to my brother for now whos in Afghanistan while I fulfill a promise to my mother of getting my degree after service. May 2011!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:19:10 PM EDT
Have the go bag in the vehicle, food and water for 2 days, weapon on me with extra ammo and go about my daily life. If need be bring a shotgun or AR.

Its always in the back of my mind, driving and watching vehicles to figure out who is with eachother, how they interact, stopping leaving room, who and where to hit a vehicle or ped to get out of there, in a store or public always watching what they wear, is something conceal, clothing, shot placement etc.

Its rarely turned off and sometimes it annoys me but its there for a reason.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:19:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Airwolf:
When I was living in urban California, I was more alert than usual.

Rural, MT? Nope. Chances are essentially zero for anything at all happening this far off the beaten track.

yellowstone caldera
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:02:21 PM EDT
Mine doesn't. This area doesn't have the issues some areas do. I always carry, so that is a non issue. I'm not getting any where near public transportation, so that isn't an issue either.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:03:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By OlCrow:
I alternate this with being disgusted and miserable.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:06:12 PM EDT
Yes.

I am a public servant and will be on duty tomorrow. I am responsible for two other guys, and ultimately to their children. I will have my game face on tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:08:21 PM EDT

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:56:51 PM EDT
The enemy will do what they will do.....

We've got to remember, and be ready, but keep living our lives as well....
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:57:51 PM EDT
No.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:58:45 PM EDT
Going about my business as usual. Still going to CCW and have a BOB.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:12:19 PM EDT
No.
The Muslim terrorists picked a random date 9-11-2001 to complete their mission. All their other missions, whether completed, failed or thwarted, occurred on random dates. It's the element of surprise. They want to strike when we least expect it. Make sense?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:25:29 PM EDT
Nope.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:30:24 PM EDT

+1

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:32:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By tripledouble:
No.
The Muslim terrorists picked a random date 9-11-2001 to complete their mission. All their other missions, whether completed, failed or thwarted, occurred on random dates. It's the element of surprise. They want to strike when we least expect it. Make sense?

This. You should prepare reasonably every day like it can happen, if you can.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:32:53 PM EDT
Nope.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:33:19 PM EDT
I highly doubt they would hit us again on the same day, but anything is possible I suppose.

No, I will not change my plans one iota.

I will still carry my pistol with two spare mags just like always.

P.S. Was it ever established that the date "9/11" was deliberately chosen by the terrorists so as to be symbolic of the "911" emergency number, or was it just a coincidence?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:48:04 PM EDT
wearing my infidel shirt. Probably going shooting
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:50:03 PM EDT
get really pissed off and watch the news for anything "strange"
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:50:15 PM EDT
Even in CA I would be more worried about being attacked by a local shithead if I was out at night than about getting hit in a terror attack.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:54:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By omega62:
I highly doubt they would hit us again on the same day, but anything is possible I suppose.

No, I will not change my plans one iota.

I will still carry my pistol with two spare mags just like always.

P.S. Was it ever established that the date "9/11" was deliberately chosen by the terrorists so as to be symbolic of the "911" emergency number, or was it just a coincidence?

I think it was a coincidence, not sure though, I'd guess their first real big attack here would have been on the 4th of July.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:56:25 PM EDT
Mine will be fairly normal day. I'll be at work at the fire station. There will be ceremony in the morning at city hall, flags will be at half mast, work will go on as usual.

My mind, however, will be occupied with the date and the occurances of 9 years ago, a day I was also on duty. That day I was mad, I don't know how I'll be tomorrow.
Top Top