Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
R6 FTW

Rogue Spear was the only one I liked.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The original PC version of Ghost Recon (and it's expansion packs) were where the money was at. None of this run-and-gun console bullshit.

Those were ok, but squad based tactics type games were beyond my attention span, hence the reason I always preferred the Novalogic games (Delta Force, and the expansions it spawned).
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:51:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Mmmm OpFlash

Wish Rogue Spear had better AI.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The original PC version of Ghost Recon (and it's expansion packs) were where the money was at. None of this run-and-gun console bullshit.

Those were ok, but squad based tactics type games were beyond my attention span, hence the reason I always preferred the Novalogic games (Delta Force, and the expansions it spawned).

haha. I had Delta Force Land Warrior. It was a decent shoot em up to play when I wanted a break from OFP and Ghost Recon.

The damage modeling sucked ass in that game though. 1 shot is enough to kill regardless of bullet placement.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:58:02 PM EDT
[#5]

I had a similar game on 7in disks...some kind of submarine warfare game. Talk about old...

Anyway...the Arma/OFP "backbone" (VBS2) is used by the military. We have a "cave" at work that uses the software. Very cool. If I could only get the MRAP files to import in to ARMA...would make for some very cool online play.*sigh*

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:58:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I still play original Ghost Recon with mods as well as the Cold War Rearmed mod for ARMA 1.  I only use CWR and ACE with the first ARMA.  ARMAOA2 is my testbed for new mods coming out.

ACE is the shit.  I liked using FFUR for the old OFP.

Codemaster is coming out with another OFP game called Red River.  Im not buying it when it first comes out, but if they manage to fix their past mistakes/bugs then i might pick it up for the PS3 or 360.  It will NOT have an editor unfortunately (PC included)
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I remember that game.  I had a blast using the map editor  to place a bunch of enemy solders and then sniping them from a distance.  That just did not seem to get old.
Also my brother and I played over are home network a lot - seems like a LONG time ago
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:11:37 PM EDT
[#8]

That's more like it!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:21:20 PM EDT
[#9]

That's Windows XP, that's not old!

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#10]
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Operation Flashpoint

is the reason why i joined the  army   no joke
i remember playing the demo  back in  April 2001
those where the days
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Ohhh man, Operation Flashpoint Cold War Crisis!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top