Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2010 11:48:01 AM EDT
Hi all,

I'm looking for used/scrap conveyor belt strap to hang some steel targets. Anyone have ideas where this stuff can be found for cheap?

Thanks,
Jimmy
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:53:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Try stone quarries. They typically scrap large belts once they can no longer be spliced or repaired. You might be able to pick up all you can haul for free.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:55:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe an old silo unloader or manure hauler from a dairy farm?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:09:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Try stone quarries. They typically scrap large belts once they can no longer be spliced or repaired. You might be able to pick up all you can haul for free.

Very good place to start looking.  Also, some farmers have them and might want to part with an old one.

New ones:  http://www.ezliftconveyors.com/

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#4]
coal mines around here give away "mine belt" all the time
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:43:50 PM EDT
[#5]
C'mon I know some of you bada$$es are hangin steel with rubber... clue a brother in would ya?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:06:29 PM EDT
[#6]
old mud flaps
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:18:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
C'mon I know some of you bada$$es are hangin steel with rubber... clue a brother in would ya?

I do not know, but USED fire hose is thick, and cheap/free
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#8]
All my conveyor belting is tied up in aviation research.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Get a hold of your local Motion Industries and ask them if any of their clients have some. The company is a seller of industrial parts including belting.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:28:06 PM EDT
[#10]
i get conveyor type stuff from our local Tractor Supply Co.  It's like $3 a foot.  works great
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
All my conveyor belting is tied up in aviation research.

What you did there:

I see it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:37:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hi all,

I'm looking for used/scrap conveyor belt strap to hang some steel targets. Anyone have ideas where this stuff can be found for cheap?

Thanks,
Jimmy

how thick of belt are you needing and where in Mo. are you?
I have small piece at work thats @ 500 ft that is ripped one side is @1ft wide the other is @30 inches....
its pretty much mine for the asking...
we also have about 3000 ft thats  due to come up for bid if you really need a lot....
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:45:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Bike tire? Inner tube? Just trying to give you ideas outside of conveyor belt.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:51:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have small piece at work thats @ 500 ft that is ripped one side is @1ft wide the other is @30 inches....
we also have about 3000 ft thats  due to come up for bid if you really need a lot....

I'm near St. Louis. The belt needs to be thick enough to provide enough torsional stability to twist a 30 lb hanging steel plate back into alignment after being shot. The rubber will be attached to the plate using a single-point attachment. I'm guessing any moderately heavy-duty belt will do just fine. I'll send you an email.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:09:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Round baler(hay baler) belting. Can be bought new or probably free used at farm dealerships nationwide.

Try the local JD or CaseIH dealership.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:14:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
i get conveyor type stuff from our local Tractor Supply Co.  It's like $3 a foot.  works great

Quoted:
Round baler(hay baler) belting. Can be bought new or probably free used at farm dealerships nationwide.

Try the local JD or CaseIH dealership.

Right on, something like this right:
http://www.tractorsupply.com/agriculture-farming-ranching/mowing-haying-harvesting/baler-belting-repair/
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm near St. Louis. The belt needs to be thick enough to provide enough torsional stability to twist a 30 lb hanging steel plate back into alignment after being shot. The rubber will be attached to the plate using a single-point attachment. I'm guessing any moderately heavy-duty belt will do just fine. I'll send you an email.

got the mail but the reply got bounced back to me...sending you an im..

just incase something else happens to my email...lol
if your just needing strips I would go with the slope belt I have its @1 inch thick and should do what your needing..
and if anybody else needs some contact me..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top