Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2010 9:29:21 AM EDT
Got this email today:

September 10th 2010                            

Ref  Number:   US /163038104/10
Batch Number: OTS/46 /1861/ESP                                      

Dear Winner,                                                                                                                                        

WINNING NOTIFICATION

In conjunction with International Lottery Commission, we wish to notify you of the result of our 2010 Summer International High stake Bonanza held on 6TH of September 2010. Your name, attached to ticket number 736896-1020041316 with the serial number 294438 drew the lucky numbers 16-88-40-91 which won in the 3rd category. The coupon bearing your name and address was submitted by the Publisher’s Clearing House. Therefore, you have been selected the winner for a lump sum payment of Ђ985,950.00 (NINE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FIVE THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED AND FIFTY EUROS ONLY) Congratulations! !

Note that this is a free draw and all participants were selected through a computerized ballot system drawn from Over 25,000,000, individuals worldwide. The program was designed and promoted by European and International Lottery Commission and termed the largest charity lottery ever - aimed at changing the lives of millions of people.

In accordance with our disbursement policy, your prize has been forwarded to the paying bank. To commence your claim, fillout the attached form and fax or email it to the Claim Processing Center (CPA); + 34 911 817521,  [email protected]

Remember to quote your Serial number in all correspondence.
Finally, all prizes must be claimed not later than Sept. 25th 2010. After this date, all unclaimed funds will be returned to the treasury. Furthermore, should there be any changes of your personal information, do inform your claim agent as soon as possible.

Congratulations from our members of staff and thank you for being part of our program.      

Sincerely yours  

Ma MARIE HEINZ  
President    

I'd love to know what "Ђ" means.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:16:21 AM EDT
[#1]
It amazes me that no one in the banking world can figure out how to shut down these scams.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:18:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

It amazes me that no one in the banking world can figure out how to shut down these scams.

seriously

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:21:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

seriously

What amazes me more is that people still think this is something newsworthy.  I must get at least 10 emails a week (and these are just the ones that slip through the spam filters) about wealthy and recently deceased family members, lottery winnings, etc, etc.  If I ran to Arf every time one arrived I'd be among the top thread starters here.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:22:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top