Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/10/2010 6:13:52 AM EDT
You are on the board of a General Officer who was given the order to repatriate all Gitmo prisoners ASAP.

He immediately stuffed them all into a number of C-130s with orders for the pilots to fly to the capitals of the prisoners respective countries, open the rear door and stand the plane on its tail feathers.

All of the pilots complied.

From the time he got the orders until the last prisoner was repatriated was 23 hours, 12 minutes.

He is being charged with disobeying a direct order, as it was supposidly IMPLIED that this be done with dignity.

What's the verdict?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:15:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2010 6:16:10 AM EDT by FightingHellfish]
I would vote to convict this thread of first-degree premeditated silliness.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:16:30 AM EDT
Guilty of littering.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:17:04 AM EDT
Not guilty.

Were they supposed to serve them lobster?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:18:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:
I would vote to convict this thread of first-degree premeditated silliness.

Guilty as charged.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:18:28 AM EDT
Originally Posted By piccolo:
You are on the board of a General Officer who was given the order to repatriate all Gitmo prisoners ASAP.

He immediately stuffed them all into a number of C-130s with orders for the pilots to fly to the capitals of the prisoners respective countries, open the rear door and stand the plane on its tail feathers.

From the time he got the orders until the last prisoner was repatriated was 23 hours, 12 minutes.

He is being charged with disobeying a direct order, as it was supposidly IMPLIED that this be done with dignity.

What's the verdict?

Guilty. Dude didn't have to murder them.

Sink every pilot involved. It's their duty to disobey an unlawful order.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:20:46 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Avandir:

And pput another shitload of terrs back in circulation?

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:21:47 AM EDT
Guilty of a violation of Article 92 and Article 134.

I would award a non-punitive letter of reprimand in lieu of a Legion of Merit, and allow the service member to retire.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:22:02 AM EDT
Not guilty. He simply used 'artistic license' to accomplish his mission effeciently. Bravo Sir!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:22:40 AM EDT
I'd give the pilots all Air Medals for being able to go vertical with their planes
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:23:01 AM EDT
Fined $1 and given a high five on the way out of the court room. Hookers and blow for everybody!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:24:04 AM EDT
Guilty of Article 87. The best kind of guilty.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:27:07 AM EDT
why waste that much jet fuel?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:28:59 AM EDT
I voted Guilty, but only fine him $1 and give him some booze!

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:48:01 AM EDT
Not guilty and give the man a PROMOTION!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:50:05 AM EDT
Guilty $1 fine and the bottle of Jameson in addition to the award of at least the Defense Superior Service Medal, for his timely and expeditious reperation of said individuals to their home countries.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:52:30 AM EDT

It's the right thing to do. I'm all for blowing motherfuckers away in a firefight but as soon as we start executing them we're no better.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:54:49 AM EDT
He didn't have them covered in pig guts before being dump. So, not guilty.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:55:33 AM EDT

It's the right thing to do. I'm all for blowing motherfuckers away in a firefight but as soon as we start executing them we're no better.

If I remember correctly, we took a lot of these guys because their OWN COUNTRY was going to kill them. Gitmo saved their disgusting little lives.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:56:54 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DStrokes:
I voted Guilty, but only fine him $1 and give him some booze!

That is a VERY Old School way of making something go away.

During WW2 my dad posted a guard that wound up shooting a civvie.

The guard was courtmartialed the following day, convicted on manslaughter, fined $1 and given a carton of Luckies, and an instant change in duty station.

During the proceedings a number of members of te board left the board for brief periods of time, this being noted carefully by the defense.

Upon review, these absences were noted by the reviewing authority and because of this, the findings were set aside and the man ended up with a clean record.

(This was done to protect the serviceman from possible civilian prosecution)

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:59:04 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Plumbata:

If I remember correctly, we took a lot of these guys because their OWN COUNTRY was going to kill them. Gitmo saved their disgusting little lives.

Try them for their crimes in a court of law, line them up out back and shoot them if found guilty. But killing them because you don't want to deal with them is lazy and wrong.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:02:58 AM EDT
How did this get past an Art. 32...........
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:09:40 AM EDT
I don't even know what to say. You guys are advocating killing prisoners.

I'm not saying we should pussy foot around. Blow them all to hell during the fight but if they surrender we have a responsibility to them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:52:58 AM EDT

I'm not saying we should pussy foot around. Blow them all to hell during the fight but if they surrender we have a responsibility to them.

You might also consider that the government also has a duty to keep us from harm and that releasing prisonors from Gitmo for political reasons is simply turning troublemakers loose to harm us again.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:07:00 AM EDT

You might also consider that the government also has a duty to keep us from harm and that releasing prisonors from Gitmo for political reasons is simply turning troublemakers loose to harm us again.

The same thing can be said about criminals in the U.S. So, if anyone goes to jail for, say, assault it's an automatic life sentence? What if that person got in a fight because the other person initiated the conflict? I know an individual that went to jail for assault because, "He went too far."
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:10:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Doclat:
Guilty of a violation of Article 92 and Article 134.

I would award a non-punitive letter of reprimand in lieu of a Legion of Merit, and allow the service member to retire.

This.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:14:18 AM EDT
Depends, are these new J model 130's or the old F/R/T's and the H's..because if they are the older ones, the good general is going to have to find another poor bastard to get the nose pointed skywards besides me.

But seriosuly, the General wouldn't do this because it would danger the life's of troops in Iraq and Afghanistan,

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:48:44 AM EDT
Give them all an old unpacked parachute; if allah wills it, they will figure out how it works.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:55:50 AM EDT
Guilty

He also put his men in a bad situation

Armed Forces are a tool of the politiians, if he didn't like it he could resign.

I would like to see it happen though-fly mother fuckers!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:58:37 AM EDT

These are terrorists caught on the battlefield out of uniform and as such deserve only interrogation, a cursory tribunal, and execution. Other than that we have zero responsibility to them. Maybe, if you want to be nice give them a cigarette.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:58:47 AM EDT
Not Guilty.

Technically, he complied with his orders.

He was ordered to repatriate them, no mention was given as to what condition they were to be in upon their arrival.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:03:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DerekCB:
Maybe, if you want to be nice give them a cigarette.

You DO give them a cigarette.

There are SOME traditions that should not be tampered with.

This is the difference between civilized conduct and savagery.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:07:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2010 9:08:47 AM EDT by Head_Space]

What's the verdict?

Not guilty!... He nor any of the pilots killed them.... The ground did.......
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:08:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Bubbles:
Guilty of littering.

That type of litter is biodegradable. Doesn't count.

Not guilty.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:15:32 AM EDT
Guilty, we aren't the Soviet Union.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:27:25 AM EDT

Unthinkable. The movie.

We will NEVER be just like them.

Kill them all. "H"
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:31:02 AM EDT
not guilty...he obeyed the order...there were not orders to land and deplane them...just return them...which was done.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:32:39 AM EDT
Karachi:
Your local forecast is overcast skies with a 70% chance of raining jihadis.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:33:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Plumbata:

Try them for their crimes in a court of law, line them up out back and shoot them if found guilty. But killing them because you don't want to deal with them is lazy and wrong.
+1

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:38:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2010 9:39:35 AM EDT by Frost7]
Guilty, he disobeyed a direct order. That can't be excused.

Put him on paid leave to the Caymans for one month, $1 fine, bottle of Jameson's. Can't fault him TOO much that the "parachutes" didn't work.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:39:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2010 9:40:05 AM EDT by Plattekill]
They are not POWs, they are bandits, outlaws–– literally out-laws: out side the law.

They can be and should have been killed without trial. In 10 years that concept will not seem as shocking as it apparently does now. Just wait.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:41:00 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Plattekill:
They are not POWs, they are bandits, out laws–– literally out-laws: out side the law.

They can be and should have been killed without trial. In 10 years that concept will not seem as shocking as it apparently does now. Just wait.

The Roman way of handling violent religious fanatics and pirates would be preferable.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:42:46 AM EDT

Eliminating vermin is all.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:44:02 AM EDT
It would depend on the exact definition of "repatriate" that the military was using as of that time.

It would also depend on the precise text of the written order.

I'd really be tempted to give the general an "attaboy" but I would not convict him short of compelling proof that he
directly disobeyed the letter of the order.

He got them back to their home countries within 24 hours. On the surface, that sounds like compliance with orders.

CJ

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:44:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Nasal_Avenger:

True, and look where that is getting us.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:50:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Nasal_Avenger:

No we aren't. We weren't the Soviet Union in WWII either. We executed tons of non uniformed spies, and 'fighters'. We also executed uniformed enemies if we couldn't take them. It was and is the right thing to do. That is what you do in war. You do that because winning is FAR more important than being nice. You kill the bad guys. So sorry about their luck, shouldn't have gotten caught being terrorists out of uniform. Cigarette and bullet is appropriate.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:54:11 AM EDT

Are we? Are we really? Are we talking uniformed combatants here who surrendered during an armed conflict? Or are we talking robed jihadists captured in the middle of trying to suicide somebody?

There's a big difference there between murdering prisoners and summarily executing criminals.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:55:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2010 9:58:06 AM EDT by Dave_A]

What's the verdict?

Guilty. Conspiracy to Commit Murder. Death Penalty.

For:

1) The GO
2) The intervening Commanders who complied with the order.

Murder & the Death Penalty for:

1) The Pilots
2) Whichever E-anything opened that door.

Everybody who had a chance to stop it, and didn't FRIES.

Just like we said to the Nazis back in '45-46... 'I was just following orders' is NOT a defense to murder.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:58:54 AM EDT
Guilty of unauthorized use of "artistic license" in the execution of an order. Fined one penny and ordered to play two rounds of golf back to back on a rainy day as penance.

CJ
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:01:50 AM EDT
Not guilty by reason of shenanigans
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:09:59 AM EDT
Murder is murder. Guilty. We're better than that, this stupid hypothetical would never happen and if it did I would expect the swift hand of justice to punish those that carried it out.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top