Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:50:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I got an account warning within the first 6 months of joining because I called someone "a fucking troll". I lurked here since 04 and knew things but still I guess it was considered a personal attack.  

I received warnings in the EE from early bumps and having too many threads on the first page.

M4Madness called me by my first name in a  thread once and I was like WTF, this is not good. Why does he know my name?!  I IMed him and asked if I was on the radar or something.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:51:13 AM EDT
[#2]
had a disagreement with site staff. I raffed, and of course, rused.

Random fact of the day: 75% of my posts are deleted before the submit button is pressed.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:52:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

A guy posted two Colt 9mm magazines for sale in the EE.

$45 each. First "I'll take it" gets them.

I posted I would take them.

The ad had been up for several hours when I posted.

Then got an IM saying it was a "typo" and he meant to type $75 each but he would let me have them both for $140 shipped.

I posted his IM in the EE thread and asked if he was welching,

And that's when the fight started.

We both got locked for 24 hours and I got both mags for $90 and left feedback in the EE.

I had a guy do that. I IMed him and went back to the ad. Was looking at it again just to be sure. Then I got a message saying, it's so and so much. I hit refresh on the ad page and the price jumped. WTF?! I called him on it and got it for what I wanted.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:52:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
had a disagreement with site staff. I raffed, and of course, rused.

Random fact of the day: 75% of my posts are deleted before the submit button is pressed.

Well, at least you were man enough to fight back.........I slunked into a corner like the kind of woman Jim Tash likes.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:53:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Never been locked.

I did get a warning for calling a certain poster an assclown, however
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:55:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Never been locked.

Got a warning because I quoted a reply that had something in it about harming dogs.

I was new and didn't know dogs were off limits, but cats are OK to harm as far as afrcom is concerned.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:01:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Never had a warning but I did get a time out for smarting off in the EE. No warning, straight to GTFO. I don't don't remember how long the lock was for, maybe 24 hours.....it felt like weeks
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:02:17 AM EDT
[#8]
just a warning - said something about Joshki sucking apple's cock. Sorry, I just got tired of the apple/pc threads. I just pointed my frustration at him for some reason.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:03:41 AM EDT
[#9]
I haven't been locked yet but i have got a warning before
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:04:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I've never been locked.

The COC is a simple document and easy to understand and follow.

Well yeah, but I still got a warning once.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:05:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
A guy posted two Colt 9mm magazines for sale in the EE.

$45 each. First "I'll take it" gets them.

I posted I would take them.

The ad had been up for several hours when I posted.

Then got an IM saying it was a "typo" and he meant to type $75 each but he would let me have them both for $140 shipped.

I posted his IM in the EE thread and asked if he was welching,

And that's when the fight started.

We both got locked for 24 hours and I got both mags for $90 and left feedback in the EE.

I had a guy do that. I IMed him and went back to the ad. Was looking at it again just to be sure. Then I got a message saying, it's so and so much. I hit refresh on the ad page and the price jumped. WTF?! I called him on it and got it for what I wanted.

That's why I always quote the original ad in my post.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:06:01 AM EDT
[#12]
I made a gay love tryst between myself and site staff public, and they tossed me out for it.

I've since learned not to kiss and tell.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:07:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I got an account warning within the first 6 months of joining because I called someone "a fucking troll". I lurked here since 04 and knew things but still I guess it was considered a personal attack.  

I received warnings in the EE from early bumps and having too many threads on the first page.

M4Madness called me by my first name in a  thread once and I was like WTF, this is not good. Why does he know my name?!  I IMed him and asked if I was on the radar or something.

The reason for my warning as well. Oh and I had a posted edited once.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:08:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Never locked. But then again look at my post count

1 coc violation.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:12:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Never had one locked, but I got my pee pee slapped for posting a picture of a map of the country Niger.

Apparently I'm racist.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:15:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Haven't been locked or warned....seems pretty simple to follow the rules.

+1
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:19:16 AM EDT
[#17]
No locks, no warnings.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:15:47 AM EDT
[#18]
I got a stern talk-to for excessive boobage.

At least it was for a good cause.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#19]
posted a pic of titties...

Miss Piggies titties....

Yeah.....

TXL
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:17:34 AM EDT
[#20]
1-I made a joke about donating infected blankets to the Palestinians.

2-I rick-rolled.

Do not do either of those things.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:17:54 AM EDT
[#21]
I hurt someone's feelings by stating the obvious truth.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:22:18 AM EDT
[#22]
I got a warning for suggesting somebody would make a better target than a president
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:24:14 AM EDT
[#23]
I think I have had one 72 hour timeout a few years back... cannot remember what for though. Probably got trolled and fell for it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:28:22 AM EDT
[#24]
When Eric Holder, who was appointed by Obama, stated he was going to look @ going after guns. I posted the advertisement of the fireman union labor thug who said he could trust Obama on two things, keeping his job and keeping his guns.

The guy in the poster has all kinds of public information about himself posted, so we decided to email him.

Staff didn't like that.

I got a lock.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:28:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Two year vacation

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:29:53 AM EDT
[#26]
I've had 1 warning and like all my transgressions,it was boob related.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:50:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Haven't been locked or warned....seems pretty simple to follow the rules.

Same here.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:53:24 AM EDT
[#28]
No, but these are pretty funny to read
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:01:50 AM EDT
[#29]
I called an insufferable asshole an insufferable asshole.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:03:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Have only had thread locks ... latest one was because a bunch of men with sandy manginas got butthurt over a movie.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:05:31 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I called an insufferable asshole an insufferable asshole.

ROFL.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:16:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Got called to the principle's office by TBK for writing "F^#cking" in a subject line.  Funny how I got reprimanded, but it has continued to happen on other threads without edits for as long as I can remember and continues to this day.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:20:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Speaking of which, I've been away all day. Did that dude that started "THAT" thread get his account locked? I noticed the thread wasn't just locked it was deleted.

Just curious.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:26:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Told a member here he'd probably go down on Obama for a handful of wooden nickels.

48hr GD lock. Pure hell.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:28:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Never.  I try to keep things light here.  I got fairly pissed off with some stupid comments on the Boulder wildfire thread –– I know some of the people whose homes burned –– but I felt the rage forming and I stepped away for a while instead.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:31:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Never been locked or officially warned, although I did get pissed once over a soldier's death and used that term that referred to the enemy as wearing a terry-cloth atop his dome and got an edit and a "please don't do that" from VA-gunnut once. I complied and haven't used that term again here.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:33:22 AM EDT
[#37]
So far I have made it through unscathed.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Maybe a lock or two, but can't recall when/why.   And like another poster above, i've not submitted most of my posts.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
amazingly enough, it's never happened.  i've gotten some love notes, but no time outs...

No offense intended because I completely agreed with what you were posting, but it seemed like maybe a month or two ago you went off the deep end and started posting some opinions that I thought for sure would get you locked. Glad it didnt. For the life of me I can't remember what had you so pissed though.

No warnings or locks for me yet!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#40]
That photo is pretty funny with the "clip".
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:40:50 AM EDT
[#41]
I have never been locked.

Also, I have never been late making my 'protection money' payment to Aimless.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:41:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I've never been locked.

The COC is a simple document and easy to understand and follow.

+1
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:42:04 AM EDT
[#43]
posted the post tits or gtfo pic in a new member thread of an existing arfcommers wife
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#44]
I got locked for screwing up in the Team Christmas Exchange and not getting a gift shipped in a timely manner then losing the address.  I was allowed to make it right and my account was subsequently unlocked.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:43:18 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Many if not most of us have had an account lock here at least once. What did you do to get it?

Me, I saw a guy selling "30 round clips" in the EE, and posted this pic:

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:46:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
All I can say is, never post the expression "aim for the roof of your mouth" in an ARFCOM thread.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:49:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I got a warning when somebody asked for a good target and I posted a pic of a cardboard cut out of somebody.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#48]
It was during the Steyr Aug Banning.

As I recall, it was during a 9/11 anniversary, and somebody started a thread saying "Post a message to Osama Bin Laden"

Steyr was banned for posting a picture of a roll of toilet paper with Arabic writing on it.  The caption read:  "Everything I ever needed to know about Islam, I learned on 9-11"

I couldn't believe he got banned for that, and asked if we would get banned to posting a picture of Mein Kampf, or the Communist manifesto written on toilet paper.

I think I got locked for comparing Islam to Nazism or Communism.  A destructive ideology rather than a religion.     I still can't believe this is a bannable offense, but whatever.

I had gotten one before that for calling an anti-Christian troll a "Dumbass" or "JackAss" or something.    It was a one word response.

Because of that, the SStaff though I was insensitive to religion, or lack thereof, or something.    I remember it clearly, because nothing could be further from the truth.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:00:57 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

It was during the Steyr Aug Banning.

As I recall, it was during a 9/11 anniversary, and somebody started a thread saying "Post a message to Osama Bin Laden"

Steyr was banned for posting a picture of a roll of toilet paper with Arabic writing on it.  The caption read:  "Everything I ever needed to know about Islam, I learned on 9-11"

I couldn't believe he got banned for that, and asked if we would get banned to posting a picture of Mein Kampf, or the Communist manifesto written on toilet paper.

I think I got locked for comparing Islam to Nazism or Communism.  A destructive ideology rather than a religion.     I still can't believe this is a bannable offense, but whatever.

I had gotten one before that for calling an anti-Christian troll a "Dumbass" or "JackAss" or something.    It was a one word response.

Because of that, the SStaff though I was insensitive to religion, or lack thereof, or something.    I remember it clearly, because nothing could be further from the truth.  
He didn't get banned for that. That was the last straw, for a guy that was on very, very, very thin ice.

Incidentally, I'm all for letting him come back. I wish they'd unlock him (it's been long enough). But his ban came as no surprise at all.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:01:09 AM EDT
[#50]
I got locked for "hacking photobucket" when I posted a picture from a members photobucket account that was in his public gallery.

Even though TBK1 got that one wrong, I still respect him.  
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top