Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/9/2010 5:42:14 PM EDT
Can we consolidate the 10,000 Koran threads into 1?  

EDIT:  I will update this main post and bump when there is actual news and with links to keep it all organized.
If you post news I will edit this post and put your name next to it

Official them song of the official thread (Thanks Another_Dude) : Every which way but loose and official trailer Yeah its the trailer

-=NEWS Below=-

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/09/obama-calls-plan-burn-korans-stunt-urges-pastor/

Florida Pastor Suspends Koran Burning, Doesn't Cancel

The anti-Muslim leader of a tiny Florida church says he was lied to and is rethinking his decision to cancel burning Korans to mark 9/11.

_______

AP - News Article

Pastor cancels Quran-burning, then reconsiders

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — An anti-Islamic preacher backed off and then threatened to reconsider burning the Quran on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, angrily accusing a Muslim leader of lying to him Thursday with a promise to move an Islamic center and mosque away from New York's ground zero. The imam planning the center denied there was ever such a deal.

_______

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100910/D9I515880.html

Fla. pastor, imam at odds over Quran-burning deal

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Will he or won't he? Negotiations between a local Muslim cleric and the leader of a tiny Florida church who had threatened to publicly burn copies of Islam's holy text left the heated debate in a state of confusion with the ninth anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks a day away.

The Rev. Terry Jones said Thursday he would call off the planned burning of Qurans based on a deal negotiated with the president of the Islamic Society of Central Florida that the location of a mosque planned near ground zero in New York would be changed.

But Imam Muhammad Musri said he was clear on Thursday when he told Jones that he could only set up a meeting with planners of the New York City mosque, whose leader said he had spoken to neither the pastor nor Musri. Jones responded by opening the door, if only a crack, that he would go forward with his plan on Saturday.

"We are just really shocked," Jones said of Musri. "He clearly, clearly lied to us."

_______ Thanks to Mr_Yar

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/09/10/florida.quran.reactions/

Reaction to Quran burning pours in from around the world

Hamas leader Ismail Haniya called Jones a "religious criminal" and a "retard that expresses a Western-retarded mentality" that targets the Quran, Islam, and Muslims. Speaking in Gaza at the start of the Eid holiday, Haniya said, "I call upon God the merciful, if they want to rip the Quran, for God to rip them apart and their state and make them an example for the believers."

_______ Thanks Black-Tiger

http://www.ocala.com/article/20100909/ARTICLES/100909743/1412?Title=Westboro-Baptish-Church-to-burn-Qurans-if-Dove-doesn-t

Westboro Baptist Church to burn Qurans if Dove doesn't
By Chad Smith
Staff writer

"WBC burned the Koran once – and if you sissy brats of Doomed america bully Terry Jones and the Dove World Outreach Center until they change their plans to burn that blasphemous tripe called the Koran, then WBC will burn it (again), to clearly show you some things," the church announced in a news release this week.

_______ and another

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=13129871

Springfield Pastor Plans To Burn Quran

SPRINGFIELD, Tenn. - Springfield Pastor Bob Old said his decision to burn the Islamic holy book on September 11 has nothing to do with the agenda of the pastor in Florida or the controversy surrounding the mosque in New York. He has his own reasons behind the demonstrations and no intentions of backing down.

"My plans for Saturday are to take a copy of the Quran and burn it," said Old.

_______ and another

http://www.wyomingnews.com/articles/2010/09/09/news/18local_09-09-10.txt

Protester plans to burn Quran on Capitol steps

By Becky Orr
[email protected]

CHEYENNE –– The founder of the Wyoming Tyranny Response Team plans to burn a copy of the Quran on the steps of the State Capitol on Saturday.

Duncan Philp said he will protest the location of a proposed Islamic Center near Ground Zero in New York City. He also will protest President Barack Obama's support for the location.

"I feel Obama is being disingenuous when he pretends he supports religious liberties," Philp said. "(The Muslims) are not building that mosque out of love for my culture or love of the victims of 9-11 but for political reasons."

_______

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20100910/twl-protestor-shot-dead-at-koran-burning-41f21e0.html

Protestor shot dead at Koran burning protest

A man has been shot dead outside a Nato base in Afghanistan during protests against plans to burn copies of the Koran in the US.

_______ Thanks -Apocalypto-

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=166321&catid=3

GAINESVILLE, Fla. –– A church that cancelled a Koran burning meant to mark the anniversary of 9/11 is now demanding proof that a mosque planned near ground zero in New York City will be relocated.

Around 8 p.m., the associate pastor of the Dove World Outreach Center in Gainesville said a local imam must produce proof in 24 hours that the mosque will be relocated.

_______

2 Hours to Decide

Koran Burning: Pastor's Two-Hour Deadline

The pastor at the centre of the Koran-burning row has challenged a New York Imam to call off the building of a mosque at Ground Zero.

Pastor Terry Jones and his colleague Pastor K A Paul read out their telephone number live on television and said the Imam has just two hours to respond.
Sky News' US correspondent Robert Nisbet, who was at the news conference, said: "This is absolutely extraordinary.
"It appear that the pastor has reconsidered his earlier deal over the New York mosque."

_______

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/09/10/world/main6853674.shtml

NYC Imam: No Meeting Planned With Terry Jones

Anti-Islamic Fla. Pastor Has Linked Quran-Burning Plan to Community Center in New York

The imam leading an effort to build an Islamic center near the World Trade Center site said Friday that he has no plans to meet with a Florida pastor who has threatened to burn copies of the Quran (Koran).

"I am prepared to consider meeting with anyone who is seriously committed to pursuing peace," Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf said in a prepared statement. "We have no such meeting planned at this time. Our plans for the community center have not changed. With the solemn day of September 11 upon us, I encourage everyone to take time for prayer and reflection."

_______ Thanks skunk-ape:

MSNBC Dylan Ratikan show host just called the Pastor a "whackadoodle terrorist"

said the he (the pastor) is a terrorist, threatening the lives of men and women all over the world.

_______ Thanks shocktrp

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ThousandsAfghansProtestKoran-burning/2010/09/10/id/369774

First Death in Koran Furor as Thousands Protest in Afghanistan

Count the first fatality in the international furor resulting from the threat of a radical Florida pastor to burn copies

_______

Giant URL

Imam Ignores Koran Burn Pastor's Deadline

The pastor at the centre of the Koran-burning row says the imam behind plans to build an Islamic centre near Ground Zero has ignored his deadline to get in touch.

Pastor Terry Jones and his colleague Pastor K A Paul had given the imam two hours to call them on one of two telephone numbers read out live on television.

They deadline passed just after 8.15pm without "any word from the imam or his team".

Dr Hall said he was disappointed at the iman's silence but still hoped to fly to New York to meet him.

_______

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100911/D9I5F3JG3.html

Islam controversies cast shadow over 9/11 events

The son of an anti-Muslim pastor in Florida confirmed that his father would not - at least for now - burn copies of the Quran, a plan that inflamed much of the Muslim world and drew a stern rebuke from Obama. But Terry Jones got on a plane headed to New York, according to an acquaintance, K.A. Paul; the flight that Paul said Jones would be on landed Friday night, but there was no immediate sign of the pastor inside the airport. Jones has said he wants to meet with the imam behind the proposed mosque.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:44:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Was it "Every Which Way But Loose" with the "The Fight's Back On" thing going on the whole movie?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Can we consolidate the 10,000 Koran threads into 1?  

In any case just heard on the news, the burn-a-nation of the Korans has been resumed on ABC.  Looking for links now.

The Redux!

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Somebody alert Trogdor!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:45:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh shit.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:45:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll just throw this out there:  Isn't it very likely that a whole bunch of korans were burned roughly 10 years ago ............................... in the Twin Towers, at the Pentagon, even possibly on a field in Pennsylvania?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:45:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Somebody alert Trogdor!

I am glad someone got my reference.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:46:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I think if you can't or don't want to burn a koran you can still show solidarity by pinning a matchbook to your lapel. I think I read that suggestion here somewhere.

And I think it sounds like a good idea.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:47:33 PM EDT
[#8]
LOL

Two more days and we shall see whom possesses the largest balls.
This has more drama than the Real Housewives of DC.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#9]
fuck Mitt Romney
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:48:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think if you can't or don't want to burn a koran you can still show solidarity by pinning a matchbook to your lapel. I think I read that suggestion here somewhere.

My idea was right Allah, or Koran or whatever on a piece of paper.  Maybe print a copy of the Muslim flag on a piece of paper.

It is the thought that counts.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Like a soap opera for arfcom
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Why would you want to show solidarity with someone chummy with the westboro protesting nuts? I do want him to start the fire, start burning the korans and then fall into the fire.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Burn this shit already
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:55:58 PM EDT
[#14]
And so it begins again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf8JnPCyHrw

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would you want to show solidarity with someone chummy with the westboro protesting nuts? I do want him to start the fire, start burning the korans and then fall into the fire.

Got a link to substantiate the book burner being friendly with the westboro baptist nutjobs?
I would LOVE to share that with some people I know
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:58:03 PM EDT
[#16]
GAME ON
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#17]
In on page 1
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:00:06 PM EDT
[#18]
What I fine intriguing is no locks on the other 10,000 Koran threads?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:00:39 PM EDT
[#19]
10,000?  That is going to make an impressive bonfire
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:01:05 PM EDT
[#20]
omg like a a koran hasnt already been burnt or used as toilet paper before!!

Now they know to take the shoot first ask questions later approach!

should have grilled them first and then announce it, geeez!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:03:26 PM EDT
[#22]
All this drama over one book. If it were the Bible, this wouldn't have made the news. Oh, I forgot they are a "protected" class.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:04:31 PM EDT
[#23]
again...do we need another fucking thread on this?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:07:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

no... but maybe 100 more
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:08:39 PM EDT
[#25]
if we don't burn it the terrorists will finally stop killing troops and innocent people
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:09:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This is the official one.... In case you didn't see that part.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:09:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

no... but maybe 100 more

I dont care if it is this one or another one...but I dont see any consolidated single thread or "official" thread.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Later outside his church he said that the imam he thought he made the deal with "clearly, clearly lied to us" about moving the mosque.

Isn't deceiving the infidel one of their directives?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:11:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no... but maybe 100 more

I dont care if it is this one or another one...but I dont see any consolidated single thread or "official" thread.

Don't see anybody calling dupe... Must be official
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no... but maybe 100 more

Don't see anybody calling dupe... Must be official

Officially official then.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:14:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This "Pastor" needs to start a gun board to try to compete with us, he has the right fuckwitted sense of melodrama to run one of those little sites where the people we throw off go.

[Cough] fugalsquirrel [Cough]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#33]

Burninate that shit!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:18:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Oh boy here we go again!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Burn them and cook bacon over the flaming books!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:21:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:23:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Don't throw away the marshmallows just yet
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#38]
The pastor said:

If that [denial] is true, that would mean the imam lied to us."

NO FUCKING SHIT! Their religion tells them it is OK to LIE TO YOU!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:26:05 PM EDT
[#39]
They lied?

No way.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#40]
ya know, it's really not about some off the reservation pastor tossing Korans on the Weber... Had the mediia not blown this up into a cause celebre, none of us ever would have heard word one about it. Couple that with the international butthurtedness, and suddden appearance of .gov officials and mixed announcements, well, this probably is as good a topic as we've seen in quite a spell. Because there arre some very fundamental things underlying the moonbattery.

It is without a doubt a trainwreck, but perhaps it is a trainwreck with an accidental purpose.

(if that makes sense)
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
fuck Mitt Romney

SERIOUSLY! If he gets the nod in 2012, I will be pissed.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Hope for riots/fights on page 1
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:28:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
This "Pastor" needs to start a gun board to try to compete with us, he has the right fuckwitted sense of melodrama to run one of those little sites where the people we throw off go.

[Cough] fugalsquirrel [Cough]

You know that might be a good fit. I wonder if he hates Catholics?

The pastor? Undoubtedly.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
They lied?

No way.

Que Baghdad Bob
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
ya know, it's really not about some off the reservation pastor tossing Korans on the Weber... Had the mediia not blown this up into a cause celebre, none of us ever would have heard word one about it. Couple that with the international butthurtedness, and suddden appearance of .gov officials and mixed announcements, well, this probably is as good a topic as we've seen in quite a spell. Because there arre some very fundamental things underlying the moonbattery.

It is without a doubt a trainwreck, but perhaps it is a trainwreck with an accidental purpose.

(if that makes sense)

That makes sense.  I am sure this has happened before, but it is a strange culmination of events, and were we are as a country that I think has made this an issue.

• The Ground Zero Mosque

• 18% of Americans think Obama is not Christian

• "Combat troops" leaving Iraq

• Ninth anniversary of 9-11

With the media pouring fuel on the fire, this thing has gotten big.  

Even if it is called off again, the whole situation has become bigger than a church of 30 burning the Koran.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Since there are so many threads, the only possible solution was to start another.

Please pay attention.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:37:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Well....skip to 5:50 in this video.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib9rofXQl6w
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
They lied?

No way.

Que Cue Baghdad Bob

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They lied?

No way.

Que Cue Baghdad Bob

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:46:57 PM EDT
[#50]

The anti-Muslim leader of a tiny Florida church says he was lied to

No shit Sherlock!!

Let's get this party started..

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top