Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2010 5:04:21 PM EDT
Any info on this notebook?  Is Lenovo products any good?  Is this a good laptop?  I don't know anything about Lenovo so any help/comments/pro-cons would be beneficial.

6 meg Gig ram
500g Hard Drive
Intel i7-20qm 1.60g processor
15.6 HD monitor
DVD RW

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:15:35 PM EDT
[#1]
6MB of RAM is 1982 technology. Are you sure it's not 6GB?

Lenovo is the ThinkPad brand the Chinese bought out.

I'm typing this on a 2 year old compact Lenovo tablet. I bought my wife an i7 Lenovo similar to yours this year. In the basement I have a 12 year old ThinkPad running my ham radio gear.

Yeah, they're OK.

Wife's is a Y550P. Got it for $700 in March due to a promotional mistake by Lenovo. Took 2 months to get, but they honored the deal. They are stand up folks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:24:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I just purchased a 13" IdeaPad. It is certainly no ThinkPad, but a bit less annoying and crappy than most consumer laptops. I was very disappointed to find out it had a glossy screen, when I ordered matte. Turns out that was for the casing, the screen only comes in glossy. Other than that, it is decent; light, pretty good track pad, and very good chicklet keyboard, which surprised me. Screen is a bit low on pixels, but not too bad at 13" I would hope they are much higher res on larger sizes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:27:09 PM EDT
[#3]
You forgot the two most important details, the price and the warranty.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:28:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You forgot the two most important details, the price and the warranty.

$999.99 + tax
1 year warranty I guess.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:30:20 PM EDT
[#5]
DId you search for deals?

My wife's Y550P was $700 six months ago on special.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top