Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/13/2002 6:52:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:00:10 PM EDT
Better buy this ($35) magazine. They will all be gone soon.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:05:25 PM EDT
"Yeah, it's legal"
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:09:12 PM EDT
Dealer: "It was only shot once, so its basically brand new...well, minus that little scratch." Me: "WOW, only once! How can you tell it was only shot once?" Dealer: "Well son, look down the barrel at how clean it is!" Me: "WOW, that really is shiny, but where are the grooves?" Dealer: "This is a smoothbore, its meant to fire snakeshot, like a 12gauge shotgun, its pretty rare in NY, you mostly find them down south." Me: "expetives, expletives, expletives..." Ok, I must look like the dumbest fuck in the world, or this guy was the dumbest fuck in the world! I happened to be the barrel checker at my gun store for when used guns come in, and I had never EVER seen a barrel that shot out! Imagine someone telling me this load of crap! Never mind that it was a winchester bolt action 243!
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:16:30 PM EDT
My personal favorite? "It's a preban" My second favorite was all the dealers prior to the 94 ban who said: "I'm not sure if it's even going to be legal for us to SELL these after September." Many a dealer tried this scare tactic. Anybody else here this one?
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:18:09 PM EDT
Those are East German HK MP5 mags that is why there is no stamp. No, they are not US aftermarket. It's exactly like a Colt AR15. I've got the same thing as that guy, ONLY CHEAPER! Even the BEST guns HK, etc. are subcontracted to other countries. So really they are all the same, these are just more affordable because they don't have "the name." I used these extensively when I used to work for the CIA, FBI, Special Forces, Navy SEALs, Russian Spenaz, Marine Recon, etc. That (insert name brand dealer does NOT carry) stuff SUCKS! I got the good (insert name brand dealer DOES carry) stuff. You don't want that other crap. These were actually used in (insert any one of the following), so you know they are the best and very collectible. World War I World War II Korean War Vietnam War Gulf War
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:30:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:10:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 3:25:45 PM EDT
I always "like" those who seem to be their own "last word on the subject." To wit: - "Federal ain't never put no 50 round boxes of Hydra-Shok together." - "That Lake City stuff is no better than this here Wolf." - "Well, I dunno about that (asked what his best deal on 5.56mm was), but this .223 will works best in your rifle!" - "If I was you, I'd get rid of that AR-15 thing, and get a real rifle - wanna see this here M1 Carbine?" I guess this falls under the "if I had a nickel every time I heard something stupid."
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 3:50:42 PM EDT
for some reason i like to listen to the even STUPIDER questions posed TO gunshowjockeys such as, hey, can i get a military adapter for my 5.56 so i can shoot .223? hey, you got tritium night sights for a davis .25 auto? my favorite dealer b.s. lines, yeah, you want to get a hesse, all of those bushmasters are made by that daewoo company in canada now, at least this hesse is made in the u.s. dealer:yeah, i carried a m203 in my my first tour in nam. me: oh yeah, when was that? dealer: 1967. me: what kind of mag is this? dealer: that's a canadian made m16 mag. me: why does it say made in wilson N.C.? dealer: well, those were sterile special forces mags, so if they were caught behind enemy lines, they wouldn't say made in canada. me: well, what brand are they? dealer: orlite.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 4:15:57 PM EDT
(Looking at an S&W semi-auto before they sold their souls) "What's this big gouge (looked like it had a bad case of 'out the window' at 70 mph)in the side?" "Oh, that's cause it was a demo gun - just a mark the distributor made so it wouldn't be confused with a brand new one. It's hardly been fired."
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 4:32:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 4:45:48 PM EDT
" NAA I can't do better on THAT price I'm barely breakin even" $49 Hard to get SA battle packs....Plus Tax
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 4:47:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 4:49:20 PM EDT
Just went to a show today: 1.) M855 marked as "Armor Piercing," $1 per rd. 2.) Dealer to customer: "Sure, those Aquila minishells will work with any pump gun- they worked in all of mine." 3.) Dealer: "Those Black Talons are the best, why do you think they were banned? $2.50 per round- they are way better than those SXT rounds." 4.) "This fuel master magnet system will give you 10% more mileage for your truck." 5.) Over priced shit- give me a break!
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 4:59:25 PM EDT
I'm looking at a .308 round of some sort, made of blue plastic -- but with a brass base, powder, and a separate (blue plastic) bullet, which can actually be fired. Some sort of training round, or maybe a "blank" like the wooden-bullet Swedish stuff. The dealer informs me that it is a rare German short-range armor-piercing round and it is worth $10.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 5:00:10 PM EDT
"I [i]think[/i] its legal..." or "Its [i]probably[/i] legal..." I also got harassed for not having the buttons on my BDU top buttoned. Go figure.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 5:13:08 PM EDT
"Most of our customers are military spec ops and law enforcement". If true, the entire military and every deputy would be loaded down with thousands of gee-gaws.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 5:14:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By dissipator556: Just went to a show today: 1.) M855 marked as "Armor Piercing," $1 per rd.
View Quote
I can top that: I believe the Delta Force mail order catalogue has M855 for $2.00 a round.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 6:18:20 PM EDT
How about when you're listening in the back on a deal and the seller is offering the mag to the person for $25.00 & they say no. Then you go there about 5 min later and ask about the same mag and they say it's 30 and it's their best price....no dealing. Or... they say.... "it's my last one, I'll let you have it for 20 instead of the 25 that's listed." Then you come back 15 min later and hear .... "it's my last one, I'll let you have it for 20 instead of the 25 that's listed" to another person. Granted, there are 'some' okay prices, if you know what to look for. Picked up a Scherer 33rnd 9mm Glock mag for $80.00 at one.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 6:39:03 PM EDT
Paying anywhere from $4.00 to $7.00 a show to gander at beef jerky, beanie babies and carnuba car wax! I thought it was a fricken "Gun Show". [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 6:45:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Code39: Paying anywhere from $4.00 to $7.00 a show to gander at beef jerky, beanie babies and carnuba car wax! I thought it was a fricken "Gun Show". [rolleyes]
View Quote
no shit, i think i sawmore kitchen knife stes and wildlife paintings at the last one, they've been improving around here though.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 6:46:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 71-Hour_Achmed: I'm looking at a .308 round of some sort, made of blue plastic -- but with a brass base, powder, and a separate (blue plastic) bullet, which can actually be fired. Some sort of training round, or maybe a "blank" like the wooden-bullet Swedish stuff. The dealer informs me that it is a rare German short-range armor-piercing round and it is worth $10.
View Quote
It is a training round. They make them up to at least .50 caliber. Scott
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 6:55:03 PM EDT
"Speer went out of business about six years ago. The reason you still see their stuff for sale is because it is so bad no one wants to buy it." Well, that wasn't said at a gun show. I had to work this weekend, so I couldn't go. That was said by a coworker who is a former cop. No, Speer is still in business, and the reason they had so much trouble with Speer ammo was because they carried S&W semi-auto's at the time. Yeah, I'm sure the gun show dealers have been carrying around the Speer ammo from show to show for six years.z
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:35:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DScottHewitt:
Originally Posted By 71-Hour_Achmed: I'm looking at a .308 round of some sort, made of blue plastic -- but with a brass base, powder, and a separate (blue plastic) bullet, which can actually be fired. Some sort of training round, or maybe a "blank" like the wooden-bullet Swedish stuff. The dealer informs me that it is a rare German short-range armor-piercing round and it is worth $10.
View Quote
It is a training round. They make them up to at least .50 caliber.
View Quote
Are they actually meant to be fired? And where can I get the other sizes?? [:D] Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:47:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/14/2002 11:48:10 PM EDT by M4_Aiming_at_U]
"Son,your asking for SS109 ammo,they dont have green tips! Green tip ammo is tracer ammo and its illegal for me to sell any kind of green tip ammo.You young people should at least know what kind of ammo you are allowed to have for gun,your the type that get us law abiding gun owners in trouble." At a gun show in Baltimore an IDIOT said this to me! I coudlnt belive that another fellow gun owner/gun dealer could be this damn stupid and rude. Later on that day I did buy some green tip SS109 and I went to show it to him just to make him look like such an ass and when I showed him the ammo I had just bought and told him that it IS legal and it ISNT tracer he replied "If you say so,but I wont be the one going to jail" [argue]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 12:29:24 AM EDT
i was at the knob on saturday that intrigued me. they had rock river lowers with preban uppers on them. not marked le. there was a sign above that stated something to the effect that you prommise to cut eh bayo lug off and install a break! what eh hell was this. i didnt even want to talk to them about shit like that. how can they do this?
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 12:36:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/15/2002 12:37:01 AM EDT by M4_Aiming_at_U]
Originally Posted By machinehead: i was at the knob on saturday that intrigued me. they had rock river lowers with preban uppers on them. not marked le. there was a sign above that stated something to the effect that you prommise to cut eh bayo lug off and install a break! what eh hell was this. i didnt even want to talk to them about shit like that. how can they do this?
View Quote
My god! Are you sure you werent dreaming? was this at a gunshow,If so Im suprised that they even were allowed to sell guns in that configuration
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 12:56:51 AM EDT
i was in a bit of a daze. it was my first time. yup right in the pole barn behind the j&t table. i cant remember the name of the company either. didnt feel like talking to them or looking at there stuff either. i was talking to black bear about his 1919 plans(which i already own) then this guy chimes in about a M2HB on the table over being a 1919. when a fuckin 1919 is right in front of him. i hate talking to stupid people (not that i know it all by any means) i just try not to put myself in a conversation with stupid people
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 5:00:11 AM EDT
Just a quick war story about those blue plastic training rounds. I first saw one of those in .308 in about 1980. Mr. Dumbass, figuring, "it's just a training round, what's the harm?" put one clear through his front door. Oops. Don't try that one at home, kids.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 5:38:47 AM EDT
Tulsa Gun Show I believe this guy actually thought an SAR4800 folder was an FN 50.63. The gun had the flash-suppressor removed, a brake installed and a vertical pistol grip installed with a 'swirl' motif on the grip. A beater and only $2800 but it did have three mags. (Yeah, right)
Top Top