Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2010 4:05:37 PM EDT
I saw the references to the cancellation of the much publicized Koran Burning on 9/11
link

My question is:  With all this global publicity....has the concept "caught fire" and thus will occur elsewhere on 9/11 anyways?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:08:11 PM EDT
[#1]
You can pretty much guarantee some clown looking for attention gets out the lighter fluid at .this point.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:08:27 PM EDT
[#2]

I would be better off spending the money for a Koran to burn on some munitions.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:08:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Nope....It's all over and done with

All unwanted Korans should be returned to you local bookstore for a refund plus a free complimentary copy of today's best seller "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Freedom*"
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:19:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I didnt really care about this church that was planning their little nonsense book burning....however I am disgusted at the response by the media, government, and in particular, the supporters if Islam.

It sickens me to think that we have simply come to accept that muslims can threaten violence in response to non-violent protest, and we back down as an end result.

And our government, lacking the balls to actually defend the Bill of Rights, simply promotes appeasement, and discourages Americans from voicing opinions, fearing retribution from Islamic radicals. Seems to remind me of that Ben Franklin quote that so many people here like to throw around.

Originally, I thought the whole planned event was a bit juvenile and ignorant.
Seeing it in hindsight, I'm disturbed by the double-standard I've seen emerge.

Just another nail in the coffin of what was once a proud, strong, great nation.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#5]
The only reason I supported it was because it pissed off liberals and crazy ass terrorists.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I didnt really care about this church that was planning their little nonsense book burning....however I am disgusted at the response by the media, government, and in particular, the supporters if Islam.

It sickens me to think that we have simply come to accept that muslims can threaten violence in response to non-violent protest, and we back down as an end result.

And our government, lacking the balls to actually defend the Bill of Rights, simply promotes appeasement, and discourages Americans from voicing opinions, fearing retribution from Islamic radicals. Seems to remind me of that Ben Franklin quote that so many people here like to throw around.

Originally, I thought the whole planned event was a bit juvenile and ignorant.
Seeing it in hindsight, I'm disturbed by the double-standard I've seen emerge.

Just another nail in the coffin of what was once a proud, strong, great nation.

This is a money post!!

Our government put the screws to a person exercising their 1A rights.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:23:22 PM EDT
[#7]
It is sad that the global community is getting "bullied" by Islam.

I don't particularly agree with the Koran burning idea, but it's sad how quieltly we tip-toe around every issue Islam-related.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:25:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Gonna have to get with the kids on that whole You Tube thing that all the youngsters are posting onto these days.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:26:56 PM EDT
[#9]
How dare you even suggest someone may offend a Muslim you may get a visit from the FBI also.
Meanwhile Christians are fair game for bible burning, cartooning, and any mockery the choose.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:30:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You can pretty much guarantee some clown looking for attention gets out the lighter fluid at .this point.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:34:01 PM EDT
[#11]

So we go from ~200 Korans buring to literally thousands (which will be the case).  Oh what oh what to do, maybe the General/President will make another announcement soon...

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:35:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So we go from ~200 Korans buring to literally thousands (which will be the case).  Oh what oh what to do, maybe the General/President will make another announcement soon...

fuck that fuckin worthless piece of shit and let em all burn round the world
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:38:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I hope someone does....fuck the idiots who get their panties twisted.  burn it and put it out with pig blood. Let 'em react, then deal with the bastards that step out of line.
The pussification of america is shameful. We used to be John Waynes, now we're the faggot fuck from Twilight.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:40:18 PM EDT
[#14]
"Burning called off...but has Koran Burning...Caught Fire?"

Quoted:
I saw the references to the cancellation of the much publicized Koran Burning on 9/11
link

My question is:  With all this global publicity....has the concept "caught fire" and thus will occur elsewhere on 9/11 anyways?

That is a good question.   It will be interesting to see how it plays out.  Clearly the prevailing mood is a new national holiday accompanied by
koran burning.  The youtube is going to be full of koran burnings and currently there are some playing there now.   And this will not just be an american holiday.  It looks like some canadians and other free speech english speaking chaps like the Aussies are going to join in.  Its beginning to look like Mosque Zero will have unintended consequences.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#15]
This whole book burning thing was rather ridiculous to begin with.  I don't care one way or the other if someone burns a koran or not, because it's all symbolism, and I'd prefer more substance if you get my drift.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This whole book burning thing was rather ridiculous to begin with.  I don't care one way or the other if someone burns a koran or not, because it's all symbolism, and I'd prefer more substance if you get my drift.

The book burning was guaranteed to get  it going.

You may get your wish yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top