Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:04:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Most people that have them love them. They can sometimes release your magazine though so some modification may be necessary. Also, most people wind up modifying them for a "combat cut" so they can get a better grip on the gun when drawing (no idea why they charge extra for that in the shop if you want it). They seem to be good holster for a reasonable price and wait time in the end. My preference leans towards Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 and Occidental's Stronghold holsters, though they are more expensive (and Milt Spark's wait time is insane). Occidental ships within a week though. They have the quickest turn around of any quality holster maker.

The Comp-Tac MTAC is also a good alternative/clone to the Supertuck.

I ended up doing a combat cut at home on my horsehide supertuck.  The stiff leather was engaging the mag release on my M&P 40 just enough to release it unnoticed.  Scared the shit out of me when I drew while practicing and my mag dropped turning my pistol into a single shot.  Also unaltered the draw can be awkward as you can't good strong hand grip on the pistol.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:05:56 PM EDT
[#2]
i really like mine, but will still continue to experiment with other options.  the footprint of the holster is just enormous, which helps stability, but the clips can be downright inconvenient if they start rotating.  the retention is very confidence-inspiring.  

my biggest problem is that i prefer to carry at the deepest setting, and this makes it harder to get a secure grip at the outset of the draw.  the issue is that the stiff leather backing interferes with the thumb––you actually have to force your thumb down between the leather and the frame.  the combat cut helps this a lot, but doesn't eliminate it.

so while i'm quite satisfied all around, i will also be evaluating the raven and MTAC in the future.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:14:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I really love my regular cut Supertuck. I am glad I didn't go for the combat cut as my skin is very sensitive to rubbing. The supertuck is the only holster I use for my full size, service, and compact XD45's.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top