BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:01:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

No, you open an email, then open an attachment with Adobe Reader, and you are infected.

No, the product is free.

The typically clueless Apple koolaid drinkers pipe up about how they are not affected, when the exact same exploit works the exact same way, on the same products on MACs.

Why would anybody with a Mac have Adobe reader installed?  Mac's don't need aftermarket software to view .pdf's.  Only adobe software on my mac is photoshop.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:09:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What virus?

Mac owner

This one is infecting Mac's as well.

Not so much...

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:23:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Has not struck at my company yet, AFAIK
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:59:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What virus?

Mac owner

Not so much...

The exploit is there, even on OSX.  The payload may not get through, just depends on the Exchange client I guess.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:01:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Well.....

When I permitted the Firefox/Adobe download the virus was instantaneous.

There's no such thing "Firefox/Adobe," they are two different companies  You have no idea what you're talking about.

Well OK  <removed - T7> ...it was a Firefox update notice that also said that I had to install the latest version of Adobe and to "click here" to do this.

Is that better?

http://www.techjaws.com/security-tool-installs-as-a-firefox-and-flash-update/

Except that the OP is posting about an Adobe exploit and you got hit with a garden variety vundo/smitfraud ransomware.  Totally different in that the first exploits a security hole to automatically drop a trojan and the latter relies on the stupidity of the user to click "Yes, please infect my system!"  You still have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

You clicked on a pop-up and allowed your system to be infected and I'm the  <removed - T7> ?

I don't care what type of virus the OP was talking about......I described what had infected my computer on the same day......You know....as in to give a warning to people so that they can be careful and not have the same thing happen to them....

Then some <removed - T7> comes along and tries to belittle be for doing so!

Comments removed.

Understand you're upset, but take it out on the vermin that constructed this latest bit of fun, not fellow users, mmkay?

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:31:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What virus?

Mac owner

Not so much...

The exploit is there, even on OSX. The payload may not get through, just depends on the Exchange client I guess.

The payload doesn't work on a Mac.  The exploit in Adobe may function, in the odd case that somebody has their Mac setup to auto open PDF files with Adobe (nobody I know of does this, as we all know Acrobat's kind of a dangerous thing to run at all), but the payload doesn't function, as far as I've been told.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:32:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What virus?

Mac owner

Not so much...

The exploit is there, even on OSX. The payload may not get through, just depends on the Exchange client I guess.

The payload doesn't work on a Mac.  The exploit in Adobe may function, in the odd case that somebody has their Mac setup to auto open PDF files with Adobe (nobody I know of does this, as we all know Acrobat's kind of a dangerous thing to run at all), but the payload doesn't function, as far as I've been told.

Little old ladies with their iMac's do.  Just sayin'

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:10:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What virus?

Mac owner

Not so much...

The payload doesn't work on a Mac. The exploit in Adobe may function, in the odd case that somebody has their Mac setup to auto open PDF files with Adobe (nobody I know of does this, as we all know Acrobat's kind of a dangerous thing to run at all), but the payload doesn't function, as far as I've been told.

Little old ladies with their iMac's do. Just sayin'

Little old ladies with their iMacs don't even know how to download acrobat, as Preview is built in and reads PDFs just fine...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top