Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/9/2010 11:31:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 12:48:38 PM EDT by Daytona955i]
I know these are literally just coming out right now... Is anyone getting one? Heard pros or cons? Do I have to use the Samsung Touchwiz interface?

I'm definitely sticking with Verizon, and want an Android phone.

Considering pulling the trigger on this one instead of waiting around for a Droid X.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:48:49 PM EDT
Bump...
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:50:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 12:50:38 PM EDT by tyman]
After owning the Samsung Saga and my buddy's problems with his Omnia that he had aaaaaand a bunch of other friends who have had problems with Samsung smartphones......I'll never buy another one again.

Tons of help, I know.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:53:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tyman:
After owning the Samsung Saga and my buddy's problems with his Omnia that he had aaaaaand a bunch of other friends who have had problems with Samsung smartphones......I'll never buy another one again.

Tons of help, I know.

Not necessarily unhelpful, but the Motorola had shit for 5 years (between the RAZR and the Droid), and now they have two of the top phones out right now.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:46:06 PM EDT
Anything?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:24:54 PM EDT
Look into the Droid2. Yeah, it's got a keyboard but mine is the cat's pajamas.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:27:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 5:28:21 PM EDT by Rumrunner358]
I'm pretty much done with samsung. Everything I own of theirs is shit, and they have ZERO support. They remind me of Sony in fast motion, start with a few great products, develop some more great products, then start making a shit-ton of crap.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:38:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Daytona955i:

Tons of help, I know.

Not necessarily unhelpful, but the Motorola had shit for 5 years (between the RAZR and the Droid), and now they have two of the top phones out right now.

I dunno if I'd go so far as to say "top two phones".....the Droid's by Moto, HTC and the Palm Pixi Plus are the top dogs still.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:33:21 PM EDT

Tons of help, I know.

I dunno if I'd go so far as to say "top two phones".....the Droid's by Moto, HTC and the Palm Pixi Plus are the top dogs still.

Two of the top phones. Droid X and Droid 2.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:04:46 PM EDT

Tons of help, I know.

Two of the top phones. Droid X and Droid 2.

Oh, sorry, I thought you meant Samsung had one of the top 2 phones right now.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:21:39 PM EDT
I have a Captivate on AT&T which is the same basic phone ( Galaxy S ), good phone, fast, screen is awesome, battery life isn't bad either. While Samsung may not support the phone as good as some think, they have released the source code for it already, it's real easy to root ( did you read that moto folks ), and the devs for modded roms and such seem to like it. The one problem the series seems to have is poor GPS accuracy, a leaked alpha froyo rom shows improvement for the GPS ( but has other problems, with headphone sound, screwy screen rotation and a couple of other small issues ). Froyo is supposed to be released by Samsung by the end of the month for the European model so the dev folks will have it set up for us before the US providers release theirs with all the bloat wear they put on phones here.

Go down to the store and give it a look, you might like it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:32:44 PM EDT
i can't comment on that particular model, but if the omnia is a reflection of the competence of samsung, then i would avoid it as if it were a screaming zombie gerbil that has chewed its way out of the undead richard gere's colon.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:51:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 9:51:26 PM EDT by xd-shawn]
i'm in the same boat as you OP, i wasn't really looking into the samsung so much tho, i was debating on the droid incredible and the droid 2, just cant decide if i want a keyboard or not, droid X is way to big for me, i want a cell phone not a mini computer
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:02:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PinePig:
I have a Captivate on AT&T which is the same basic phone ( Galaxy S ), good phone, fast, screen is awesome, battery life isn't bad either. While Samsung may not support the phone as good as some think, they have released the source code for it already, it's real easy to root ( did you read that moto folks ), and the devs for modded roms and such seem to like it. The one problem the series seems to have is poor GPS accuracy, a leaked alpha froyo rom shows improvement for the GPS ( but has other problems, with headphone sound, screwy screen rotation and a couple of other small issues ). Froyo is supposed to be released by Samsung by the end of the month for the European model so the dev folks will have it set up for us before the US providers release theirs with all the bloat wear they put on phones here.

Go down to the store and give it a look, you might like it.

I went down to a VZW store yesterday and took a look at it. I dig it, there are a few issues that I see, but they "promise" to be fixed in the 2.2 release, easily rooted is a big feature.

The screen is freakin' amazing, everything seemed fast and the display model had tons of stuff installed on it. I like that it is smaller than the X, but still has a huge screen. The camera and flash are nice.

They definitely designed it to go after the iPhone in the look and feel department as well.

I am going to give it a chance tonight, if I don't like it, I get 30 days to return or exchange it.
Top Top