Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:57:45 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

This isn't surprising. I'm sure the fbi is sweating bullets thinking about the possible fallout if this retarded stunt goes down.

While a stunt for sure, at least it brings to light the hypocrisy that lies in our culture.  Unfortunately the media won't portray it in such a way.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:57:45 AM EDT
[#2]
When is this supposed to happen?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

9/11  

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:58:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
some of you need to get out from under the tin foil because you would  all be jumping to hang the FBI if they had credible threats to the safety of the nut pastor and his 50 followers and sat on that info and failed to inform him of the threats

stop talking out your ass
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:59:33 AM EDT
[#5]
It doesn't really matter if he burns them or not at this point.

The media has made him famous, with the way people crave fame in our country it will be less than a week before another group tries the same stunt.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:59:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
The blame for this rests directly on our Commander in Chief's head.

He set this in motion when he OK'ed the Bible burnings in 2009, yes I'm saying that had to go to the top for an OK.

He did that with complete disregard to the consequences here at home.

Well, here are the consequences of Obama's actions.

You should have personally paid for the bibles to be transported back home if you felt so strongly about it. Why should taxpayers pay for a misguided church's actions?

Why is that? The taxpayers paid for them to be sent over there.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:01:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Where is the FBI when they burn or defile Christians symbols?

FUCKING HYPOCRITES!

This is where I am at now with the whole thing.  I do not agree with the burning of the Koran but I also am sickened that all this is done for Islam but nothing for Christianity.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:02:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:03:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

He set this in motion when he OK'ed the Bible burnings in 2009, yes I'm saying that had to go to the top for an OK.

You should have personally paid for the bibles to be transported back home if you felt so strongly about it. Why should taxpayers pay for a misguided church's actions?

If you don't want your taxes to pay "for a misguided church's actions" you should not pay your taxes and bitch to the IRS about it. I sure as hell don't want to hear you whine about it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:03:34 AM EDT
[#10]
If the feds railroad this pastor into backing down, I will be slow cooking a rack of pork ribs over a bed of simmering korans on Sunday.

This shit is about to fucking piss me off...

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:03:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

FUCKING HYPOCRITES!

This is where I am at now with the whole thing.  I do not agree with the burning of the Koran but I also am sickened that all this is done for Islam but nothing for Christianity.

For the record the FBI investigates the shit out of crazy Islamists. Stop cherry picking.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:03:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Obama sent them to bully and scare the guy into stopping.

I hope the old guy has the balls to go through with it. Because it is too late to stop now. It will just make us look even weaker to the other side.

Hitler had the balls to   burn a whole bunch of books too-is he a hero?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#13]
You know, at first my thought was indeed that this was a distasteful stunt and nothing good could come of it.

Now, I really hope he goes through with it.  It is his right, and FUCK what anybody else thinks of it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Elsewhere, hundreds of angry Afghans burned an American flag and chanted "Death to the Christians" to protest the planned burning of Islam's holiest text.

Logic Fail.

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:06:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope the old guy has the balls to go through with it. Because it is too late to stop now. It will just make us look even weaker to the other side.

No, he was a tyrant like Obama.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#16]
So, who is the oppressor and who is the oppressee again? ,I am getting confused here.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:06:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
A local radio show was saying this morning that membership requests were over whelming at the church.
I'll predict that this isn't the last we will hear from the Pastor.

A TINY church in Ohio apparently did a similar thing last year, except they wanted to burn Bibles (well, all the versions and translations of the Bible other than their version).

They also got a TON of media attention, and so from a MARKETING perspective, this guy is a pure genius.  I love how he is trying to get Obama to specifically call him (or some down there) to talk him out of it.  Talk about getting the media attention.

A TV network should give him a reality show - it would get awesome ratings for about a year, until the public got bored.

What we really need is a perfect storm of train wreckage, where Geraldo, Springer, the fat chick from 'the View', ShamWow guy, George Soros, every single reality TV star, Carrot Top (or Gallagher, take yer pick), the Phelps clan and all of Congress converge in Gainesville, just as an asteroid appears on NORAD radar headed right for the epicentre....

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#18]
your missing the point
officialy the FBI could give a fuck what book is being burned they are required by law to inform the target of a credible planned threat that is disclosed by their CI's ect all

I imagine the visit went like this :
FBI : We are required to tell you that there are credible threats to your life, we can't disclose the nature or protect you from said threads have a nice day wack job

Attention Whore: The FBI told me they would kill me
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:07:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Also just heard on WMAL that the pastor is willing to not burn the book if the muslims agree not to put the mosque at GZ. Apparently there is an imam at the church negotiating an agreement?
How does a no name imam have any athority to negotiate for not building a victory mosque?

BREAKING,.,.,
a Koran burning might take place at the Loudon County court house!!!

The court house is 40 miles or so outside DC.
this thing is getting weird.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:07:42 AM EDT
[#20]

If burning a book causes people to go apeshit and get violent, I suspect talking nice to them only postpones the ineventable. Might as well know our enimies for what they are now.

QFT!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Anyone else think that Obunghole is going to sic the IRS on the preacher and his church next?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Elsewhere, hundreds of angry Afghans burned an American flag and chanted "Death to the Christians" to protest the planned burning of Islam's holiest text.

Logic Fail.

None of those afghans have a formal education; they only know what they have been told growing up or taught by the taliban. In their eyes America is a christian country. This redneck pastor down in florida is doing more to help the taliban than the taliban could have ever hoped to accomplish on their own. When a bunch of uneducated afghanis begin to see the pictures of americans burning korans, it isn't too hard to imagine how it could be spun into all of america vs. islam... including our soldiers over there.

Burning those korans sure as hell does not help anything, and people (american soldiers) will probably end up dieing because of it.

I don't disagree with anything you said.  As I stated above, the preacher is a jerk with a tiny congregation, doing a very unChristian thing, in my opinion.  However, he has every right to do it.  This was my same stance on all the Ground Zero Mosque threads.

So, who really is to blame here?  The pastor, of course, could choose not to do this.  Then, there is the media giving this so much attention.  And of course, the left keeps feeding the fire with sound bites and their denunciations.  I hope the pastor and his congregation end up not doing this.  I will be angry if the Feds come in and stop them somehow, however, as I feel that is infringing their rights, the same rights the left always invokes when burning flags, Books of Mormon, Bibles, etc.

Sadly, if this does happen, it gives the left something to point to later on after the next terrorist attack.  Instead of admitting that diplomacy and pandering to the Muslim world failed miserably (which it has: there have been more terrorist attacks on our soil in Obama's first two years as President than under the last six with Bush as President) the left can say, "Oh!  No, you guys pissed them off when those right-wing fundies burned up those Qurans!"  I would hate for them to be able to hide behind that.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:09:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:11:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Anyone else think that Obunghole is going to sic the IRS on the preacher and his church next?

He already has banking and insurance issues.

They won't need to dig very deep to find something.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:12:00 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

bit of a difference between private citizen and crazy dictator, no?

1st amendment rights: theyre only your rights when youre not offending someone.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#27]
For a proper burning do you add gasoline or just try and light it and see how it goes or do you individually tear out each page and burn them seperately?

I'm really surprised he is'nt pouring pigs blood on it first or something like that, I mean if your gonna insult someones religion you should just go all the way with it.

T

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A local radio show was saying this morning that membership requests were over whelming at the church.
I'll predict that this isn't the last we will hear from the Pastor.

A TINY church in Ohio apparently did a similar thing last year, except they wanted to burn Bibles (well, all the versions and translations of the Bible other than their version).

They also got a TON of media attention, and so from a MARKETING perspective, this guy is a pure genius.  I love how he is trying to get Obama to specifically call him (or some down there) to talk him out of it.  Talk about getting the media attention.

A TV network should give him a reality show - it would get awesome ratings for about a year, until the public got bored.

What we really need is a perfect storm of train wreckage, where Geraldo, Springer, the fat chick from 'the View', ShamWow guy, George Soros, every single reality TV star, Carrot Top (or Gallagher, take yer pick), the Phelps clan and all of Congress converge in Gainesville, just as an asteroid appears on NORAD radar headed right for the epicentre....

holy shit dude, that was awesome. I think I'm going to need a cigarette now.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:14:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:15:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Please read this.  It adds perspective.

http://www.anncoulter.com/

She put that rather well.  It's spot-on.

Oh, DK...in reference to what you said on the FBIs actual purpose, from a comment in another thread, you're likely correct.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:15:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
if obunger and eric holder don't tread very carefully Mr Podunk No-Name Backwoods Hillbilly Pastor (or his surviving next-of-kin) is going to hit the civil rights jackpot and be awarded enough money to buy all of Ground Zero and build a Victory Baptist Church there and burn a koran every Sunday morning during services

I didn't even know what the guy's name was. Let him exercise his 1st Amendment rights and burn his damn books which he bought with his own money on his own property and his 15 minutes of fame are over.

Or the kenyan jackhole could send in the federal goonsquad to deprive the pastor of his civil rights and immortalize his name for all time. Then future constitutional law students at obunger's alma mater are going to be taught how one of their own alumni screwed the pooch so badly in Jones v United States.

Well put.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:15:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

totally different. Hitler was well within rights to burn books. It's when you start burning people that things have become criminal.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Why the fuck is it any of the government's business?

If the guy wants to burn it, he should. People can present their arguments to him for not doing it, but that's it.

If he's is forcefully prevented from burning a Koran, I will burn one.
ETA: Maybe the FBI are just there to coordinate security with him. It's entirely possible that he's already gotten death threats.

Just bought one at the mall.  I need to have my daughter help post the video of me burning it on line.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:16:25 AM EDT
[#34]
If it didn't totally violate every rule of OPSEC I would post some pics that would make the tinfoil crowd shit bricks.

Gainesville is so covered with cams, patrols and nicely dressed fellas talking into their cufflinks it's almost becoming comical.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Why do theese groups go unpunished for burning and desicrating the American flag yet this is a problem
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:17:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:17:57 AM EDT
[#37]
FTA:

"We are sending a bill for services to the Dove World Outreach Center.
We're tracking our costs," said city spokesman Bob Woods. "I'm sure the
cost will be substantial."

I wonder who is going to be sending a bill to the people building that mosque?  

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:18:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If the guy wants to burn it, he should.  People can present their arguments to him for not doing it, but that's it.

ETA:  Maybe the FBI are just there to coordinate security with him.  It's entirely possible that he's already gotten death threats.

I really hope that's it or we may have gone farther towards a police state than I thought.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:18:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

bit of a difference between private citizen and crazy dictator, no?

1st amendment rights: theyre only your rights when youre not offending someone.

Has nothing to do with offending, it's the idea that he's a crackpot and people are making him out to be a hero.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:19:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:19:20 AM EDT
[#41]
While I don't think this is the greatest idea I do however wish I could volunteer for the security detail of the pastor/members seeing as how our RoP friends want to do what they normally do when they feel wronged.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:20:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:

9/11  

What rock are you living under...
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:20:50 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
if obunger and eric holder don't tread very carefully Mr Podunk No-Name Backwoods Hillbilly Pastor (or his surviving next-of-kin) is going to hit the civil rights jackpot and be awarded enough money to buy all of Ground Zero and build a Victory Baptist Church there and burn a koran every Sunday morning during services

I didn't even know what the guy's name was. Let him exercise his 1st Amendment rights and burn his damn books which he bought with his own money on his own property and his 15 minutes of fame are over.

Or the kenyan jackhole could send in the federal goonsquad to deprive the pastor of his civil rights and immortalize his name for all time. Then future constitutional law students at obunger's alma mater are going to be taught how one of their own alumni screwed the pooch so badly in Jones v United States.

This..

Or

The way things have been going Obama will get another Nobel Prize for stomping down this uppity white man and Obama's heroic actions will be preached and studied in left wing Universities throughout the US.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

If the guy wants to burn it, he should.  People can present their arguments to him for not doing it, but that's it.

ETA:  Maybe the FBI are just there to coordinate security with him.  It's entirely possible that he's already gotten death threats.

I think a lot of people will join you if that is the case.

Look for Korans to be burned by the thousand all over the country if the government won't let him burn it.

Burning the book isn't something I would have done, but I will respect him for going through with it and not giving in the other side.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:20:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
FTA:

"We are sending a bill for services to the Dove World Outreach Center. We're tracking our costs," said city spokesman Bob Woods. "I'm sure the cost will be substantial."

I wonder who is going to be sending a bill to the people building that mosque?  

I don't think you understand.

Mutliple agencies are having to pull people off their regular zone and detail to work this circus....on the same week as a home game.

Air support, no fly zones, surveillance, patrol, traffic, etc.....the bill will be huge and rightly so.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:21:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Why do theese groups go unpunished for burning and desicrating the American flag yet this is a problem

They are advised not to burn the books, not being punished (yet). And people who burn flags aren't punsihed because they shouldn't be. It's that whole damn 1st amendment again.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:21:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Free country he can burn any damn book he pleases!
So they send the FBI down there to try and intimidate him..... a class act....a real class act
When those Muzzies allow a christian church in Mecca then maybe I will listen to their version of" reason"...until, Burn Baby Burn!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:22:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am with you on the bolded.

amen
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why is that? The taxpayers paid for them to be sent over there.

Wrong, the church took up a collection from its members to send them. Last I checked you can't take a care package to the post office and say, "here, this is for the troops. Just let the taxpayers pick up the tab for shipping." Your argument was so stupid it should cause your head to hurt. Also, if the church wanted to do something good and Christian like why the fuck didn't they spend that money to send care packages to the troops? They could have used some essentials a lot more than a bunch of fucking bibles in a language they can't understand. How fucking self serving is that church? Expecting the soldiers who are there to do a job to act as their door to door salesmen. I'm sure the troops would love to take the time between firefights to distribute books to the locals.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:23:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:

FUCKING HYPOCRITES!

When the President wants to say something, he sends the FBI.  You don't think he's going to say anything against defiling Christian symbols when he's a Muslim, do you?  Previous administrations allowed these actions to pass, unchecked because we've been living in a nation governed by liberals and progressives.  The time for change is now.  Pray we're not too late.

For what its worth, I don't think Obama is sincerely a muslim. Nor is he Christian. He is an opportunist who will claim to be anything at the right time, but in the end is just an empty suit.

Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top