Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2010 8:54:02 AM EDT
What the hell is going on with the new Google search?

It flickers all over the place, I think I'm having a seizure.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:54:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, so far I don't really care for it.

They just mentioned that a few seconds ago on Foxnews.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:55:41 AM EDT
[#2]
It is automatically updating the results as you type.  I don't find it helpful.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:06:52 AM EDT
[#3]
They said on Foxnews that Google said it could save you a whole 4-5 seconds for a search.

I don't think so.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:10:04 AM EDT
[#4]
There is an option to turn it off if you don't care for it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks. Done.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:26:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like it uses 40% of my CPU when it does that shit. Unnecessary. The HTML 5 crap they were pulling a couple days ago was over 50%. The reason I used google is because it was lightweight and simple.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:27:40 AM EDT
[#7]
But Google wants to the third 1/2 of your brain according to what they said earlier in the week...

I turned it off about 0.2 seconds after they started it last night.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:30:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

But Google wants to the third 1/2 of your brain according to what they said earlier in the week...

I turned it off about 0.2 seconds after they started it last night.

There is an alternative...

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:31:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I see no change in chrome.  All I noticed was the moving balls google logo a couple days ago.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:32:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:45:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

wut?

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:44:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Thanks. I think they do this just to advertise it, sort of like what they did with those backgrounds.

I am hoping they make the default the same boring way that I've liked for years.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:48:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Google is doing to much coke this week...
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:22:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Google is doing to much coke this week...

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:23:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Looks like it uses 40% of my CPU when it does that shit. Unnecessary. The HTML 5 crap they were pulling a couple days ago was over 50%. The reason I used google is because it was lightweight and simple.

I think you have something broken somewhere. It shouldn't use anywhere near that.  In fact it on any of my machines it's nearly identical to the plain jane version.

I'm not trying to defend it, I like the plain old Google more.  The instant search is kind of neat as a novelty though, and it will probably help people that aren't as good at picking search terms as a computer savvy person.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:24:31 PM EDT
[#16]

I like it better than google.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:31:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you have something broken somewhere. It shouldn't use anywhere near that.  In fact it on any of my machines it's nearly identical to the plain jane version.

I'm not trying to defend it, I like the plain old Google more.  The instant search is kind of neat as a novelty though, and it will probably help people that aren't as good at picking search terms as a computer savvy person.

Doesn't change my cpu usage in any appreciable way either.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top