Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Has anyone addressed the fact that burning books, regardless of their retarded contents, is pretty stupid?

Every book is not some golden fount of knowledge.  Some books are shit.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:34:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I can picture thousands of koran burners popping up if the .fed gets JBT like on this guy.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:36:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
ABC News radio just reported 3 FBI agents have "unexpectedly" entered the Florida church.  Looks like the Obozo administration is looking for a way to shut this down.

This will be interesting. The more they push on this nutjob, the more people will become sympathetic. It's frightening to think that your freedoms are usurped by the full weight and power of the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT if you do something they don't like.

Very unsettling, this is.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:36:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
ABC News radio just reported 3 FBI agents have "unexpectedly" entered the Florida church.  Looks like the Obozo administration is looking for a way to shut this down.

This will be interesting. The more they push on this nutjob, the more people will become sympathetic. It's frightening to think that your freedoms are usurped by the full weight and power of the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT if you do something they don't like.

What is really stupid, is something like the feds jumping in is only going to encourage a lot of others to pick up where the pastor left off.   Just makes it worse, as many will see this as a stab at the 1st, and do it more in protest of the feds than of islam.  

whole thing is getting out of hand.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:37:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I want updates, and I want updates NOW!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:38:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I can picture thousands of koran burners popping up if the .fed gets JBT like on this guy.

And the feds will never see it coming...  
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:38:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

What is really stupid, is something like the feds jumping in is only going to encourage a lot of others to pick up where the pastor left off.   Just makes it worse, as many will see this as a stab at the 1st, and do it more in protest of the feds than of islam.  

You know damn right!

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:38:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Radio - 10 minutes ago.  No mention of Feds, though the local FD said they were not going to allow them to do it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:40:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Radio - 10 minutes ago.  No mention of Feds, though the local FD said they were not going to allow them to do it.

Why not?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:42:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not?

Said something about it violating fire codes or, some such.  Was getting ready for work so only caught part of it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:43:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I didn't give a shit before, but this has my interest picqued.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:48:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not?

Said something about it violating fire codes or, some such.  Was getting ready for work so only caught part of it.

Would they have stopped the burning of a United States Flag or Holy Bible also
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:49:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not?

Meh, so he'll have to grill 2 or 3 at a time on his Weber.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:50:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Burn em.
It wouldn't surprise me to see a staged attack or some unconfirmed threat to try and close this first A activity down.
Is the FBI going to protect the Church against violence? After all it is there job to uphold the Constitution.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:53:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Burn em.
It wouldn't surprise me to see a staged attack or some unconfirmed threat to try and close this first A activity down.
Is the FBI going to protect the Church against violence? After all it is there job to uphold the Constitution.

Queue political cartoon of the FD trying to put out a Koran fire by pissing on the Constitution.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:58:06 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I've got a buddy who's a Senior Field Agent for the ATF, he said he'll be down there with a few more agents on assignment too. It's more of a babysitting thing. One thing I didnt realize until after talking to him the other night is that it's a "gun toting, Quran burning hillbilly".

I'm all for it, and so was buddy, (even though he was an Obama voting Democrat).. our consensus was that we're both tired of the "Whitey owes us something" and "Muslims just need love peace and respect" bullshit thats been going around for the past 2 years. Its nice to finally see someone dish it back.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:59:53 AM EDT
[#18]
This.  Poor Muslims might be offended, but it's okay if Christians are tortured and murdered.

AV1611 out....

Quoted:
Maybe Pakistan ought to ask Interpol to investigate the Bible burning and death-threats to Christians in Pakistan first.

Hypocrites.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:02:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Burn baby burn. Time to see whose "tolerant".....

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:03:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I would LOVE to see just ONE world leader pose the challenge to an Islamic country to do what they're asking us to do: Be tolerant. Quid pro quo and all that. Make it a big public event and let's see what the answer is.

Putin would do this.

Reagan might have, albeit not as directly as Putin.

Obama would bow and beg forgiveness.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:05:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe Pakistan ought to ask Interpol to investigate the Bible burning and death-threats to Christians in Pakistan first.

Hypocrites.
there is a reason we aren't Pakistan we are better then them.

You Sir, live in a Fantasy world, with hobbits and other fictional creatures.

We burn Bibles here everyday. It just never makes the news unless it is a protected group. This is all about the Hyprocracy.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:11:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I might buy one and burn it on 9-11 too now.

fucking headcutters don't realize the more they bitch and demand that Americans be stripped of a fundamental liberty by government or outside forces, the more Americans will support the no-name crazy backwoods pastor with the insignificant congregation

I have one, after all these assholes keep harping about this, I am thinking I might burn it too, in a bacon grease fire if "people" keep going full retard about this stupidity

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:17:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Such an act will "inflame sentiments among Muslims throughout the world and cause irreparable damage to interfaith harmony and world peace," Babar said.

The problem with his argument is that most Muslims don't seem to give a shit aobut "interfaith harmony" except when it benefits themselves in some way.  That being said; I don't see anything positive coming of the Koran burnings.  I do believe the church is will within its rights to do it, though.

And am I the only one who envisions a Muslim named "Babar" as a guy in a turban riding around on a magic carpet?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:19:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Fuck Interpol and fuck Pakistan too.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:26:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.  It's like the "Draw Pictures Of Muhammed Day" or whatever the hell it was.  The only reason it turned into a big even is because The Religion Of Peace got so butt-hurt when that Danish newspaper ran the first picture.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not?

Of course not, dummy!  That's freedom of speech right thar!  
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:27:26 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Great thread couldn't of gone in the other 20 threads about the quran burning

Good thing you had to jump into this one and help bump it along then.

LMAO is it really so horrible that a guy posted another one? Really?

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:27:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Muslims have only ever cared about interfaith harmony when they were a small minority with no power.  Once they are in power they apply Sharia to all the infidels who then have 3 choices:

1) convert
2) pay the "infidel" tax and live a life of discrimination and abuse by your Muslim overlords
3) die

AV1611 out.....

Quoted:
Such an act will "inflame sentiments among Muslims throughout the world and cause irreparable damage to interfaith harmony and world peace," Babar said.

The problem with his argument is that most Muslims don't seem to give a shit aobut "interfaith harmony" except when it benefits themselves in some way.  That being said; I don't see anything positive coming of the Koran burnings.  I do believe the church is will within its rights to do it, though.

And am I the only one who envisions a Muslim named "Babar" as a guy in a turban riding around on a magic carpet?

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:55:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not?

Of course not, dummy!  That's freedom of speech right thar!  

*Holds breath* waiting for ACLU to come to the pastors rescue

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:03:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Has anyone addressed the fact that burning books, regardless of their retarded contents, is pretty stupid?

Why do people have this wack-ass hangup about burning books? They're just stacks of paper. It's a bunch of assholes getting together to burn a bunch of shit they bought themselves, not a nazi book-bonfire or Guy Montag kicking in doors and spraying shit down with napalm, for goodness' sake.

I'd throw a Michael Moore or Al Franken book on a bonfire out of spite when I got done reading it, if I'd gotten one as a gift or found it in the garbage or something, it doesn't mean I'm some kind of Khmer Rouge anti-intellectual or a jew-burning Nazi.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:05:23 AM EDT
[#31]
I know this is way off but I can't wait to see the South Park episode about this mess...
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:11:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Boo Hooooooooooooooo
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:12:16 AM EDT
[#33]
The blame for this rests directly on our Commander in Chief's head.

He set this in motion when he OK'ed the Bible burnings in 2009, yes I'm saying that had to go to the top for an OK.

Did he not think about the consequences of that act here at home?

That pissed a lot of people off.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Burn them now!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:15:14 AM EDT
[#35]

Burning the Koran is pretty stupid: All it does is discredit our friends in the Muslim world and needlessly provoke our enemies.

Having said that, however, I'm quite disgusted by the actions of our so-called leaders, and their eagerness to bow down and apologize for not being able to suspend Terry Jones' First Amendment rights.  Cowards, all of them.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#36]
A local radio show was saying this morning that membership requests were over whelming at the church.
I'll predict that this isn't the last we will hear from the Pastor.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:21:08 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

A local radio show was saying this morning that membership requests were over whelming at the church.

The guy knows how to play the media, that's for sure.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#38]
For all the times this government has stood by the 1st amendment, giving protection to groups like NAMBLA, I fully expect 0 to shut the fuck up, and defend these A holes like he does the others. Put your money where the wookie puts his dick, bitch.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not?

Right. So now they gonna crack down on the Catholics for Palm Sunday?

All the preacher has to do is incorporate it into a sermon and viola. Done deal.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:33:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
When is this supposed to go down.

9/11

6pm to 9pm...live on every network.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:36:41 AM EDT
[#41]
A friend of mine has made definite plans to go join the pastor and roast one with him.  He's invited me to come along.

I have no desire to be on CNN so I think I'll pass.

But I will be carrying a cigarette lighter with me on that day as a symbolic gesture of support.   Certainly I will not waste the money

required to purchase a koran.

CJ

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:37:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Question , what could Interpol do ?

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#43]
It's only criminal in a religion-crazy county like Pakistan. Muslim countries know little of individual rights and liberty and shouldn't have any say how we run our affairs in the free world.

They routinely burn our flag. Do you think they care how other people feel?

Pakistanis burn christians... actual human beings... why would they care if bibles were burned?

Quoted:

Not if it engenders the response you are looking for.

These Koran burnings should be going on EVERYWHERE muslims have committed terrorism, until they become so commonplace the bitch ass muslims run out of the homocidal rage they have become infamous for. Drawing Mohammad days should be put on too.

Appeasing the sensitivities of these primitive savages now will only leave us more defenseless in the future, as this conflict is not ending, whatever happens at some stupid church.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:39:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The guy knows how to play the media, that's for sure.

He didn't have to...the media pick this up and ran with it world wide.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:44:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
For all the times this government has stood by the 1st amendment, giving protection to groups like NAMBLA, I fully expect 0 to shut the fuck up, and defend these A holes like he does the others. Put your money where the wookie puts his dick, bitch.

Amen
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Its ok for the United States to burn Bibles though

Pentagon burns Bibles
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:57:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:00:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Well, I didn't really give a shit one way or the other before.

Now I think I'll burn some Korans myself just for shitz and giggles.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:03:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
1st ammendment bitch. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

+87

F Interpol, F Paki-made, F BHO & F the UN...
And I think that the Koran burning is a retarded publicity stunt...
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The State Department has issued an official "Worldwide Quran Burning Travel Alert" - I just got the email here at work...
September 9, 2010The Department of State is issuing this Travel Alert to caution U.S. citizens of the potential for anti-U.S. demonstrations in many countries in response to stated plans by a church in Florida to burn Qur'ans on the anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Demonstrations, some violent, have already taken place in several countries, including Afghanistan and Indonesia, in response to media reports of the church's plans. The potential for further protests and demonstrations, some of which may turn violent, remains high.  We urge you to pay attention to local reaction to the situation, and to avoid areas where demonstrations may take place.  This Travel Alert expires on September 30, 2010.We also remind you of the continuing threat to U.S. interests and citizens posed by various terrorist groups, as outlined in the Department's Worldwide Caution.U.S. citizens living or traveling abroad are encouraged to register with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate through the State Department's travel registration websiteat in order that they can obtain updated information on travel and security.  U.S. citizens without Internet access may register directly with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.  By registering, U.S. citizens make it easier for the Embassy or Consulate to contact them in case of emergency.U.S. government facilities worldwide remain at a heightened state of alert.  These facilities may temporarily close or periodically suspend public services to assess their security posture.  In those instances, U.S. embassies and consulates will make every effort to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens.  U.S. citizens abroad are urged to monitor the local news and maintain contact with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.As the Department of State continues to develop information on potential security threats to U.S. citizens overseas, it shares credible threat information through its Consular Information Program documents, such as the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warningsand Travel Alertsas well as Country Information, which are available on the Bureau of Consular Affairs website at http://travel.state.gov/.   In addition to information on the Internet, travelers may obtain up-to-date information on security conditions by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or, outside the United States and Canada, on a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444.  These numbers are available from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday through Friday, Eastern Time (except U.S. federal holidays).

The president is considering "calling" the guy to talk with him.    Wonder how much he will offer him to not burn them?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top