Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/9/2010 4:25:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 6:33:28 AM EDT by unclemoak]
Looking for a I'm interested in getting a launcher for personal use. Are there any that are total pieces of shit that are going to break after the first range trip?

ETA - I'm looking for an Electric launcher.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:30:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 4:30:43 AM EDT by 3Trip]
not at walmart

Edit: unless your talking about the crappy hand thrower thingy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:04:32 AM EDT
I've had reasonable results with the Do-All's. 3/4 cock is especially nice.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:10:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By M4-AK:
I've had reasonable results with the Do-All's. 3/4 cock is especially nice.

I have a Trius One Step for manual launching, I'm looking for an automatic (electric) launcher.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:32:14 AM EDT
Does anyone have experience with the Champion EasyBird line of throwers?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:46:09 AM EDT
I have the do all electric thrower. works well but it is slow! Doubles is almost impossible!

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:51:04 AM EDT
Originally Posted By unclemoak:
Does anyone have experience with the Champion EasyBird line of throwers?

I bought one last spring. We've been using it fairly regularly without any issues.

For what it cost ($299 after a mail in rebate, with a free trap cart), I'm more than happy, and feel like I got my moneys worth out of it this summer alone.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:11:58 AM EDT
The Easybird line is good, but it is worth the extra money to get the autofeed IMO.

Easybird Autofeed
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:20:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By graysonp:
The Easybird line is good, but it is worth the extra money to get the autofeed IMO.

Easybird Autofeed

Yeah I was initially looking at the double model, but apparently you can't switch between singles and doubles on the fly.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:21:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:41:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By buckfever34:

Easybird Autofeed

You can't go wrong with this model.

Have you used the wobbler or the oscillator kit on yours? Or even the remote?

I should probably just buy a commerical machine
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:46:49 AM EDT
Let's all hope nobody goes and starts launching a certain religious book with it...

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:26:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 8:27:46 AM EDT by graysonp]

I haven't seen any problems out of the wobble/oscillator kits, nor out of the remotes on the Easybirds. They seem to be built well and will stand up to A LOT of backyard shooting.

If you want to get the 6-packer Easybird (it has 6 turrets for less frequent loading), you can get it bundled with the oscillating kit for about $1100.

Either way, these will be less expensive options than a commercial machine. You are looking at $2k+ for a manually adjusted electric trap that would be used on commercial sporting clays course. An oscillating trap throwing regulation trap targets can run $5k+......
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:29:35 AM EDT

I haven't seen any problems out of the wobble/oscillator kits, nor out of the remotes on the Easybirds. They seem to be built well and will stand up to A LOT of backyard shooting.

If you want to get the 6-packer Easybird (it has 6 turrets for less frequent loading), you can get it bundled with the oscillating kit for about $1100.

Either way, these will be less expensive options than a commercial machine. You are looking at $2k+ for a manually adjusted electric trap that would be used on commercial sporting clays course. An oscillating trap throwing regulation trap targets can run $5k+......

I was looking some more at the different Champion Lines and think I might end up going with the 180 Sporter and put a wobbler/oscillator kit on it. My main concern is rewiring/rebuild the whole thing to my satisfaction.

I want to try running it off a Cummins Onan 1500 watt generator/inverter so I'll most likely end up making my own wiring harness/control box for all the switches/remote setup.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:49:18 PM EDT
Champion Rebate

That you may be interested in this.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:23:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By sbdfirearms:
Champion Rebate

That you may be interested in this.

I saw that. I found some of the EasyBird models on Ebay pretty inexpensively. I'm not sure if I want to go with a standard EasyBird or the 180 Sporter.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:29:58 AM EDT
Looking for a I'm interested in getting a launcher for personal use. Are there any that are total pieces of shit that are going to break after the first range trip?

ETA - I'm looking for an Electric launcher.

Go to Home Depot and get yourself a Mexican. In todays economy, you can probably get one for $6 an hour cash and a burrito.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:27:54 AM EDT

Easybird Autofeed

This is the one I bought. It won't throw doubles, and I don't have an oscillating kit, but for the price, I'm very happy with it. I use a spare car battery in it. I can run it all day on a standard car battery and barely deplete the charge, although I do routinely disconnect the cables when it's not in use.
Top Top