Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 9/8/2010 10:28:49 PM EDT
She is probably one of the most selfish, but also probably one of the best looking girls I have ever dated.  She is 2 years younger than me (23). She dated a younger guy (21 now) for 4 years before me.  She really doesn't know how to act in an adult relationship.  I always take the time to tell her how good she looks when she takes time getting prepared, call her just to see how her day was, and randomly text that I miss or love her.  Some of those things I would love to have in return.  We always do what she wants to do.  The last 2 weekends have been horrible because I wanted her to be happy, but we did stuff that was completely uninteresting to me.  She actually told me on the phone tonight that she has to do more stuff that SHE wants to do.  After I spent last weekend walking around the mall with her for hours and then going to an event at the fair on labor day that I had no interest in.  Whenever we are here at my house, we always watch what she wants on tv.  She absolutely hates horror movies and will refuse to watch one with me because she says they are stupid. But isn't that part of a relationship?  I do some stuff to make her happy that might not be enjoyable to me, (especially shopping at the mall.. that is almost the equivalent of torture to me), but I didn't complain or rush her.  Is it wrong to expect her to give a little as well?

God I love having a girlfriend, but it looks like it will be back to the single life again for me.  And the worst part is that my parents were questioning about why I have gone through so many girlfriends in the last couple years.  And I told them nooo... seriously this might be the one. So here I will be again having to explain another break-up.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:30:49 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have to ask, you all ready know the answer.

Eject.

There are other women out there.  If you are unhappy, then leave.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:30:57 PM EDT
[#2]
You already know what you have to do.  Pull the cord....
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:31:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Perhaps she likes a man without a wall of text......
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:31:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you actually have intimate relations?  Or just kiss and cuddle some?

You don't have to answer, but it really sounds like you are just a cuddle whore to her.
You really need to eject either way.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:31:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you really need to ask?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:32:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Women's looks are a depreciating asset.

A womans' character, however, is something that "is what it is"...good or bad.

Get yourself a woman who you will still be able to live with even when her looks fade...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I think the stereotype I always hear is correct.  The hotter the chic is the less relationship material she is 90% of the time.  That has been the case for me, the most attractive girls I have ever dated have been the most work to hold the relationship together.  And the average plain jane girls have treated me like a king.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:33:05 PM EDT
[#8]
If she has pointy elbows or knees, then yes, GTFO.

3 nipples then yeah, it's debatable.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:34:55 PM EDT
[#9]
F her dude, you'll find one that is into what you do someday, and the mall thing is over the top, my g/f would never expect me to walk around with her for hours on end in there, she knows the few times she can get me in there it's 45min max and OUT lol
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:34:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Do you actually have intimate relations?  Or just kiss and cuddle some?

You don't have to answer, but it really sounds like you are just a cuddle whore to her.

Of course we are fucking!  You think I would put up with all this bullshit if there was no pussy involved?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:35:18 PM EDT
[#11]
If she hasn't grown up yet, she probably won't. Single life won't be so bad, unless you slept in the same bed. It'll be empty and cold for a long time.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:35:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Yup. But get a couple of goodbye fucks in
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:37:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That is my plan..Tonight pretty much threw me over the top, with her I don't get what I want enough talk.. I was ready to say the exact same thing to her when that came.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:37:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Get yourself a woman who you will still be able to live with even when her looks fade...

This.

Just because someone you don't like is aesthetically pleasing doesn't mean you should be miserable to be with them.

Quoted:
I think the stereotype I always hear is correct.  The hotter the chic is the less relationship material she is 90% of the time.  That has been the case for me, the most attractive girls I have ever dated have been the most work to hold the relationship together.  And the average plain jane girls have treated me like a king.

I always hear this but I've never had this experience. My worst relationships have been with the average-looking girls who were nice enough or we had enough in common for me to get interested in them. My two best relationships that also ended amicably (we realized we weren't really compatible on that level and returned to being friends) were with two very attractive girls.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:40:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Call your union rep, demand a new contract.  If she doesn't concede, go on strike.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:40:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Just because someone you don't like is aesthetically pleasing doesn't mean you should be miserable to be with them.

Quoted:

I always hear this but I've never had this experience. My worst relationships have been with the average-looking girls who were nice enough or we had enough in common for me to get interested in them. My two best relationships that also ended amicably (we realized we weren't really compatible on that level and returned to being friends) were with two very attractive girls.

I don't mean ugly chics though.  I mean chics that I was attracted to, but they weren't the absolute hottest girl in the room.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:41:24 PM EDT
[#18]

post pics, win redemption

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:41:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Sounds like OP is too clingy and she is ejecting.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:42:28 PM EDT
[#20]
tell the broad to kick rocks.Hit it a few times before you do though
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:43:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

oh go call code enforcement or something
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:45:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Oh for God's sake. Can you please just go to 4chan or something and bring back the 2006-2008 EXPcustom who actually had interesting stuff to say on occasion instead of just trolling people for lulz?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:46:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is my plan..Tonight pretty much threw me over the top, with her I don't get what I want enough talk.. I was ready to say the exact same thing to her when that came.

Also.. BOTD pics.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:46:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
And I told them nooo... seriously this might be the one. So here I will be again having to explain another break-up.

There's an old 50s song that where the chorus starts with the line "My momma told me, You better shop around".  

Seriously though.  Tell her how you feel without being negative.  Tell her the things that are important to you and that you want tofind a way to make sure both of you are happy.  

No accusations of "you're selfish" etc.  Just calm caring statements of what's important to you and why she is important to you and that you want to make sure your relationship grows on a foundation of mutual caring, respect and communication.  

By that point either you or she will shove a Dr. Phill book up the other one's ass and eject.  

Or you'll talk things out and get married and raise lots of rug rats for those overbearing parents of yours to spoil and tell you how to raise.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:47:57 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you actually have intimate relations? Or just kiss and cuddle some?

Of course we are fucking! You think I would put up with all this bullshit if there was no pussy involved?

You would be surprised how many guys do.

Read the Ladder theory.  You are getting ready to be thrown off the ladder.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:49:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh for God's sake. Can you please just go to 4chan or something and bring back the 2006-2008 EXPcustom who actually had interesting stuff to say on occasion instead of just trolling people for lulz?

but he is...sending I love you and I miss you texts during the day...

also that comment hurt

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:51:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

also that comment hurt  

yeah, one or two a day.. to make her feel appreciated.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:52:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Well no one else has said it so....SIIHPAPP.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:58:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
She is probably one of the most selfish, but also probably one of the best looking girls I have ever dated.  

Ummm...You're seriously not ready for marriage yet.  You might as well eject.  You just basically said, in your first sentence, that how your woman looks is as important as how good a person she is.

How does that work?  Like, if she's a 10, it would be OK if she sold one of your kidneys without your permission, but you wouldn't put up with that shit from a 7?

Dude...Beauty is a nice, ephemeral thing that is supposed to initially attract you––but it's the person you want to be with––not her persona.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:01:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
She is probably one of the most selfish, but also probably one of the best looking girls I have ever dated.  

Ummm...You're seriously not ready for marriage yet.  You might as well eject.  You just basically said, in your first sentence, that how your woman looks is as important as how good a person she is.

How does that work?  Like, if she's a 10, it would be OK if she sold one of your kidneys without your permission, but you wouldn't put up with that shit from a 7?

Dude...Beauty is a nice, ephemeral thing that is supposed to initially attract you––but it's the person you want to be with––not her persona.

No I didn't say that.  Her looks are not worth all this bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:03:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

also that comment hurt  

Two too many you are smothering her and she wants her space.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:04:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Never, never compliment a good looking woman on her looks.  Never pay a lot of attention to her, act indifferent.  Women, good looking ones, just love arrogant, self centered, selfish bastards.

Try this first.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:08:03 PM EDT
[#33]
So.. pics?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:08:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

also that comment hurt  

What kind of space would you talking about?  We both work long hours and see each other 3 days a week maximum.  She has plenty of space.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:10:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

And the worst part is that my parents were questioning about why I have gone through so many girlfriends in the last couple years.  And I told them nooo... seriously this might be the one. So here I will be again having to explain another break-up.

Just tell them you've knocked them up and don't want to deal with that crap.

That'll shut them up.

Or cause a totally different reaction. YMMV
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:11:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
She is probably one of the most selfish, Selfishness is a strong form of ugly but also probably one of the best looking girls I have ever dated. One of the best looking girls that you've dated so far.

She is 2 years younger than me (23). She dated a younger guy (21 now) for 4 years before me.How did they end?  

She really doesn't know how to act in an adult relationship.Check yourself here, should adults be making relationship decisions based on what their parents may think?

I always take the time to tell her how good she looks when she takes time getting prepared, call her just to see how her day was, and randomly text that I miss or love her. Some of those things I would love to have in return.  We always do what she wants to do.Why?  

The last 2 weekends have been horrible because I wanted her to be happy, but we did stuff that was completely uninteresting to me.  She actually told me on the phone tonight that she has to do more stuff that SHE wants to do. Do you smell it?.

After I spent last weekend walking around the mall with her for hours and then going to an event at the fair on labor day that I had no interest in.  Whenever we are here at my house, we always watch what she wants on tv.  She absolutely hates horror movies and will refuse to watch one with me because she says they are stupid. But isn't that part of a relationship?  I do some stuff to make her happy that might not be enjoyable to me, (especially shopping at the mall.. that is almost the equivalent of torture to me), but I didn't complain or rush her.  Is it wrong to expect her to give a little as well? Repeat after me. "Looks can only take you so far and we're there. Goodbye"

God I love having a girlfriend, but it looks like it will be back to the single life again for me.  And the worst part is that my parents were questioning about why I have gone through so many girlfriends in the last couple years.  And I told them nooo... seriously this might be the one.Unless you want the rest of your life to taste like the recent past, then she is NOT the ONE. So here I will be again having to explain another break-up.[red ]Again I just don't get this whole answering to your parents about relationship attempts.

Bail on this deal brother it's bad form to practice servitude to the selfish, not good for you at all.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:12:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No I didn't say that.  Her looks are not worth all this bullshit.

Oh?  Then why bring her looks up in your first sentence?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:16:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Sounds like your not happy.......

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:19:24 PM EDT
[#39]
It's always easier to find a new one when you can display the current one.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:22:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Sounds to me like you've lost the upper hand in the relationship and become her bitch.

Either become alpha and retake the upper hand in the relationship, or eject and don't fuck it up again next time.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:27:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
She is probably one of the most selfish, but also probably one of the best looking girls I have ever dated.  She is 2 years younger than me (23). She dated a younger guy (21 now) for 4 years before me.  She really doesn't know how to act in an adult relationship.  I always take the time to tell her how good she looks when she takes time getting prepared, call her just to see how her day was, and randomly text that I miss or love her.  Some of those things I would love to have in return.  We always do what she wants to do.  The last 2 weekends have been horrible because I wanted her to be happy, but we did stuff that was completely uninteresting to me.  She actually told me on the phone tonight that she has to do more stuff that SHE wants to do.  After I spent last weekend walking around the mall with her for hours and then going to an event at the fair on labor day that I had no interest in.  Whenever we are here at my house, we always watch what she wants on tv.  She absolutely hates horror movies and will refuse to watch one with me because she says they are stupid. But isn't that part of a relationship?  I do some stuff to make her happy that might not be enjoyable to me, (especially shopping at the mall.. that is almost the equivalent of torture to me), but I didn't complain or rush her.  Is it wrong to expect her to give a little as well?

God I love having a girlfriend, but it looks like it will be back to the single life again for me.  And the worst part is that my parents were questioning about why I have gone through so many girlfriends in the last couple years.  And I told them nooo... seriously this might be the one. So here I will be again having to explain another break-up.

She doesn't have time for you or care about your needs at all. I'm sure her description of the last boyfriend was fair and accurate....

The only reason she was single and talking to you is because he got tired of putting up with her shit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:29:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

also that comment hurt  

What kind of space would you talking about?  We both work long hours and see each other 3 days a week maximum.  She has plenty of space.
Emotional space

If you start jocking her too hard she will pull away and eventually eject.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:35:02 PM EDT
[#43]
of course post pics if you want a real answer
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:35:24 PM EDT
[#44]
You're fooling yourself if you think you are going to eject.  You don't have the guts to change the channel, but you are just going to break free?

Yeah, that's not going to happen.  It doesn't matter though, because she'll get bored soon enough and do it for you.  

Girls don't want sycophantic lapdogs that are uninteresting, predictable and cloying and annoying.    

Don't be that kind of guy.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:37:01 PM EDT
[#45]
pics would help
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:39:32 PM EDT
[#46]
There is a saying I have always used that works great with girlfriends/SO's.

Live by this advice:

If you want your girlfriend to be distant, get close.

If you want your girlfriend to be close, get distant.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:42:19 PM EDT
[#47]

Right there is the key to the problem. The problem is less her than it is with you and your priorities.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:52:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If you have to ask, you all ready know the answer.

Eject.

There are other women out there.  If you are unhappy, then leave.

That pretty much covers it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:58:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Her looks are not worth all this bullshit.

You just answered your own question.  Punch out, Mav.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:11:18 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Call your union rep, demand a new contract.  If she doesn't concede, go on strike.

I seriously thought I would be posting this...

But, I was beaten to the punch.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top