Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2010 7:57:02 PM EDT
Fresh lime juice, gin and ice. Kinda reminds me of a Margarita. Which for some reason is just plain wrong in my mind. I'm going to start searching for salt soon.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:21:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Brokeback Mountain Dew?

Wat?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#2]
real sugar
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:23:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Hrm...that actually sounds tasty.

I had code red mtn dew and some very good gin the other day.  Totally ruined the gin and my liver in one fell swoop.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:30:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
real sugar

this

not that new world order engineered shit that is used to make us fat and dumb us down
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Fresh lime juice, gin and ice. Kinda reminds me of a Margarita. Which for some reason is just plain wrong in my mind. I'm going to start searching for salt soon.

Not supporting Pepsi or their products?

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:41:08 PM EDT
[#6]
It is the real sugar. Even though it doesn't seem quite the same as I remember it though. I am old enough to remember soda from the 60's and 70's and it just seems to be missing something. It seems that the soda back them had more bite in the taste.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:43:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

It is the real sugar. Even though it doesn't seem quite the same as I remember it though. I am old enough to remember soda from the 60's and 70's and it just seems to be missing something. It seems that the soda back them had more bite in the taste.

Throwback is good, but it lacks this strange bite it used to have even as recently as the early 90s.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:43:59 PM EDT
[#8]
So basically a gin and tonic with MD instead of tonic water?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:44:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I tried the throwback Dew and found that I don't like it as much as the regular Dew.

I've been drinking Mountain Dew since about 1976, and I never remember it tasting like the "throwback" Dew.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Brokeback Mountain Dew?

Wat?

You've been missing out on the good stuff man.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:49:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Brokeback Mountain Dew?
Wat?

http://www.guyselga.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/DSC01644.jpg

Dr Pepper w/ sugar isn't throwback as it is not a pepsi product. Heck in Europe Dr Pepper is actually distributed by CocaCola IIRC.

But it sure is good

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:58:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Throwback Pepsi is out in Florida right now?

I hate the way they screw with us and these small batches.

Anyone seen any in Arizona?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brokeback Mountain Dew?

Wat?

Dr Pepper w/ sugar isn't throwback as it is not a pepsi product. Heck in Europe Dr Pepper is actually distributed by CocaCola IIRC.

But it sure is good

Dr Pepper was part of the Throwback line.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:01:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I gotta say, I like the modern mountain dew better. Don't like the throwback so much
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

And that's basically a pussified gin and tonic.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:04:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Seriously, is there anyone here that wouldn't be willing to pay the difference to get real sugar in their soft drinks again? The whole reason for corn syrup is cost savings, but who cares about an extra buck or two per case of drinks? (If it's even that much.)
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:07:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brokeback Mountain Dew?

Wat?

But it sure is good

Where does it say throwback on the Dr Pepper?

Heritage Dr. Pepper was their response to Pepsi's Throwback Pepsi and Mtn Dew.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

When I was in New York, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine this summer they had it on sale. It's still on sale here in Florida. I don't know why you're missing on the the new hotness.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:09:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And that's basically a pussified gin and tonic.

I ran out of tonic water.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Seriously, is there anyone here that wouldn't be willing to pay the difference to get real sugar in their soft drinks again? The whole reason for corn syrup is cost savings, but who cares about an extra buck or two per case of drinks? (If it's even that much.)

I'd pay more for sugar. I hate HFCS, that shit is the single biggest reason Americans are becoming so damn fat.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:12:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brokeback Mountain Dew?

Wat?

But it sure is good

They didn't use the Throwback line because they wanted to be different. Regardless, it was made by the same plants who were pumping out the Throwback.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:23:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

When I was in New York, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine this summer they had it on sale. It's still on sale here in Florida. I don't know why you're missing on the the new hotness.  

It was here for Memorial Day.  I didn't go shopping over the weekend so I didn't see any displays.  They never advertise... I found out from reading it here that it was back for Memorial day.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:32:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

There is almost NO ingredient difference (only in what yellow # used and proportions) between Mt Dew, and Jose Cuervo Margarita mix.  I'm not surprised you think what you do.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:34:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Target.  On sale cheap too.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:37:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Target.  On sale cheap too.

Yeaa!!!

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:40:48 PM EDT
[#26]
It's better because it's made with orange juice. Check the label.

Also it's great with Tito's.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is almost NO ingredient difference (only in what yellow # used and proportions) between Mt Dew, and Jose Cuervo Margarita mix.  I'm not surprised you think what you do.

Well, I don't tend to drink Margaritas or Mountain Dew (I mostly drinking it several years ago)... oh and I've only recently started to spike my drinks with booze. So yeah, I was surprised.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:09:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Brokeback Mountain Dew?

Wat?

But it sure is good

They didn't use the Throwback line because they wanted to be different. Regardless, it was made by the same plants who were pumping out the Throwback.  

Dr. Pepper is an independent company. It is just distributed by Pepsi under a cooperative deal. I suspect that's why Dr. Pepper is heritage and Pepsi products are throwback
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:56:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

They have had it at Fry's and Walmart for the past six months or so.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:01:24 AM EDT
[#30]
I was going to guess less urine?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:23:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Gin and mountain dew, bleh.    Gin Margarita double bleh.

If that throwback stuff came in the glass bottles, Id be all about it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:52:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd pay more for sugar. I hate HFCS, that shit is the single biggest reason Americans are becoming so damn fat.  

I only drink soft drinks occasionally now and sugared soft drinks even more rarely, but I'd love to see sucrose as the standard again instead of high-fructose corn syrup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top