Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2010 7:56:45 PM EDT
I didnt say it but the more I think about it. It kind of makes sense.

"If you were the type of person that gave your lunch money up to the bully in school you shouldn't carry a gun. A rape whistle maybe, but not a gun."

Discuss.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#1]
How does that make sense?

Discuss
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#2]
as a person that has snatched a pistol out of the hand of someone whom was using it as a prop to convey being a badass I usderstand where you are coming from
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:02:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

"If you were the type of person that gave your lunch money up to the bully in school you shouldn't carry a gun. A rape whistle maybe, but not a gun."

Discuss.

Ahh I get it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:03:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Discuss.
It's not that that kind of person "shouldn't", it's that that kind of person wouldn't carry one anyways because they are of the "Oh, I'm a VICTIM" mindset. Victims don't fight back, and indeed, must NOT fight back. There must be NO chance of successfully NOT being a victim or being victimized.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Discuss.
It's not that that kind of person "shouldn't", it's that that kind of person wouldn't carry one anyways because they are of the "Oh, I'm a VICTIM" mindset. Victims don't fight back, and indeed, must NOT fight back. There must be NO chance of successfully NOT being a victim or being victimized.

I never understood the lunch money thing we had tickets

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#7]
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Benjamin Franklin

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#8]
But what about the kid that swung from the ceiling of the gym flinging his own poo...

These things never help me....
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:10:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Discuss.

Obviously these two guys know someone who did, carries a gun, and goes to lots of classes.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:13:46 PM EDT
[#10]
"If you were the type of person that picked on the dorky kid at school, you shouldn't own a gun."

I still don't get the original statement. Victims must remain perpetual victims? School bullies should rule the world?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:21:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

"If you were the type of person that picked on the dorky kid at school, you shouldn't own a gun."

I still don't get the original statement. Victims must remain perpetual victims? School bullies should rule the world?

Actually I got the shit kicked out of me in the 7th grade for sticking up for that dorky kid.

I also thought the statement is kind of plain to read and easy to understand. If you fold up from fear in a fight a gun is a bad choice. Also the discussion went along the lines of no large doses of Thunder Ranch or that kind of stuff is going to fix you.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:23:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I somewhat disagree with this.Yes, I did give my lunchmoney to a bully on occasion for a couple years in junior high.

Was he much bigger than me? Three times my size. Was I afraid of him? Not on your life.

The reason that I gave him money to eat on was because his dad was a real POS. He made too much money to qualify for
assistance with school food, but he drank and smoked (more than Marlboros, but he loved those too) all of his money away.
Many times, this kid would have to wear the same dirty clothes several days in a row because, like I said, his dad was a dickwad.

Most days, he'd bum a few bites of food off of his friends, and other kids that were terrified of him. Being the observant little snot that
I was, I began to notice that he never had a tray of food, just what he could get from others. After seeing him shake down some little nerd
for a quarter, I stepped in and offered him money to leave him alone. The next day, I of course, was the target. I played along, but we both
knew that I could have taken his head off if I had needed to.

The reason that I helped him out and kept up the charade was so that he could ''save face" and he didn't look or feel like a charity case.
I ran into him a few years ago, and he actually thanked me for always being so nice to him. We never were friends, never did hang out.
But he remembered someone being nice to him, and he's got a great family now.

Didn't mean to derail. I haven't thought about him in years. I guess the moral of the story is that there's always an exception to any rule.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:32:38 PM EDT
[#13]
When I was a freshman in highschool, I got my lunch money taken from me by a couple of seniors...  I was normally not a kid to back away from a fight, (multiple boxer fractures and school suspensions) but I was maybe 5'7" and 140 lbs at the time, and they were 6'2" 250lbs Samoan fellas who were known to have gang connections.  I wasn't going to get stomped to death over $1.25 in quarters.

I felt like a bitch, but it just wasn't my hill to die on that day.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:32:42 PM EDT
[#14]
what if you took the bullies lunch money ?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
When I was a freshman in highschool, I got my lunch money taken from me by a couple of seniors...  I was normally not a kid to back away from a fight, (multiple boxer fractures and school suspensions) but I was maybe 5'7" and 140 lbs at the time, and they were 6'2" 250lbs Samoan fellas who were known to have gang connections.  I wasn't going to get stomped to death over $1.25 in quarters.

R S P ?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:37:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

R S P ?

The name of their gang was "Madpack"
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:38:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

R S P ?

The name of their gang was "Madpack"

huh never heard of them im a wa native
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#18]
The lunch money thing is being taken a little too literally I think.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:31:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually I got the shit kicked out of me in the 7th grade for sticking up for that dorky kid.

I also thought the statement is kind of plain to read and easy to understand. If you fold up from fear in a fight a gun is a bad choice. Also the discussion went along the lines of no large doses of Thunder Ranch or that kind of stuff is going to fix you.

Again - that makes no damn sense at all. If you're the type that'll fight to the death over a couple of dollars, you are the one that shouldn't be carrying (IMHO).

I think that statement was written, and is supported by, someone that has never been in that kind of situation. It's just arrogant jocks patting themselves on the back for being better than the band nerd (or whatever the terms are these days)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top