Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/8/2010 7:55:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2010 7:55:21 PM EDT by fadedsun]
I walked into walmart to pick up a 6 pack of propel and a box of winchester .22 LR (ar15 .22 conversion, I'm too cheap to shoot .223). I grabbed the propel, and walked over to the sports center. In the parking lot I was in a hurry so I left my G26 CCW and my iphone. Dumb move.

As I walked up, I noticed a large, marpat wearing dude in front of me. Being a Marine myself, I know what fake marpat looks like (I have 5 sets of the real stuff here at my house). He's wearing Fake marpat (No EGA, color was off. Brown jumped out too much), no name tapes, EGA marked boots (Bloused), green skivvy shirt with dog tags, a military haircut (grey hair) and tan mcmap belt. Boots and utes. He was attempting to buy a fishing or hunting license at the Sporting goods in Walmart (Burleson, right behind the Mcdonalds on 174, about 1445 or so. The Stolen Valor act does not prevent those using the uniform to deceive and obtain services or goods from being prosecuted, correct?)

I know, as a Marine we are expressly forbidden from wearing utilities out in public except for certain reasons, like a family emergency or pumping gas. Walmart, especially boots and utes, is forbidden.

I wanted to reach up, take tubby by the neck, and beat some sense into him for having the audacity to think himself equal to wear the same uniform others have died wearing.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:57:30 PM EDT
dont worry heart disease or any other fatty ailment will get him soon
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:57:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
I wanted to reach up, take tubby by the neck, and beat some sense into him for having the audacity to think himself equal to wear the same uniform others have died wearing.

I did see the part where you mentioned that he wasn't wearing an authentic uniform. I missed the part where he implied that he was in the Marine Corps.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:06:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2010 8:06:28 PM EDT by MACD]
I thought the stolen valor law was overturned?

Maybe he was trying to score a reduced-fee fishing/hunting license?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:10:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2010 8:21:28 PM EDT by SIRIUS1]
This shit again...really?

"I wanted to reach up, take tubby by the neck, and beat some sense into him ..."

I'd bet money that you didn't even say a single word to him, am I right?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:10:09 PM EDT
I know that Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:12:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:21:50 PM EDT
Burleson again?

Jeepers creepers!

If I read the OP correctly, it seemed that the big guy had a number of violations:

Lack of blouse,
Wrong camo pattern trousers,
No name tape on trousers,
Dog tags outside green shirt(or the OP saw a dog tag chain),
Lack of carried cover, and...
Wearing the 'uniform' in public.

This sounds like that Special Forces poser at the gun show a couple/few weeks ago. Maybe not as overt, but I rarely see BLOUSED camo pants, much less paired with the correct combat boots and correct tshirt/belt/haircut/shave.

Just my $0.02
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:23:43 PM EDT
It'd be a better world if you could ground and pound little wannabe pukes...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:26:22 PM EDT

No EGA

Whats the problem.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:26:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2010 8:27:16 PM EDT by xwarp]
wow, let's go gangbang that fucker, then ask him what the fuck was he thinking and pray to god he doesn't say he was on his way to go shoot some dove......
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:28:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Sykkone:
Burleson again?

Jeepers creepers!

If I read the OP correctly, it seemed that the big guy had a number of violations:

Lack of blouse,

This sounds like that Special Forces poser at the gun show a couple/few weeks ago. Maybe not as overt, but I rarely see BLOUSED camo pants, much less paired with the correct combat boots and correct tshirt/belt/haircut/shave.

Just my $0.02

The way I read it. He wasn't in the Corps or any other service.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:38:12 PM EDT
I can certainly understand that you feel strongly about the Marine uniform, but on the other hand, I can't really see the issue here if the guy wasn't wearing name tapes, branch of service insignia, rank, or unit patches of any kind.

You can buy plain BDUs out of the U.S. Cavalry catalog and in all kinds of other places. I don't have a problem with civilians wearing that stuff as long as they don't start adding official insignia and trying to pass themselves off as someone they are not.

(I'm not sure what "marpat" is so maybe I'm not understanding exactly what uniform you are talking about).
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:44:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By omega62:
I can certainly understand that you feel strongly about the Marine uniform, but on the other hand, I can't really see the issue here if the guy wasn't wearing name tapes, branch of service insignia, rank, or unit patches of any kind.

You can buy plain BDUs out of the U.S. Cavalry catalog and in all kinds of other places. I don't have a problem with civilians wearing that stuff as long as they don't start adding official insignia and trying to pass themselves off as someone they are not.

(I'm not sure what "marpat" is so maybe I'm not understanding exactly what uniform you are talking about).

MARine PATtern.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:41:57 PM EDT
UUMM.... Unless the OP states he heard him say he was in the military or saying he was trying to get a military discount. The guy was clearly not even trying to impersinate, If he had rank, name tapes, EGA and saying he was military it another story.

Some of us that are prior military even when going hunting will wear our old uniform equipment. But Name tapes, unit patches, branch of servie tape, & rank is all striped off. As for Dog tags..... UM outside of those w/ allergy tags and my Retired Military Photo ID the only thing with my name on it is my hunting licsenes. Everything else money and Drivers ID is at the Cabin or truck, this is a good idea if you are hunting if you think about it (ID Tags).

Don't get me wrong I am all for whooping on an a%%hole poser, but military equipment is a decent, cheap, and good for hunting. Three-quaters of my hunting kit is military equipment.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:12:20 AM EDT
Call the police. He was wearing a uniform somewhat similar to Marine Corp issue. I am sure he could be charged with hurting someone's feelings.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:39:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MACD:
I thought the stolen valor law was overturned?

Yes. Ruled unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:46:39 AM EDT
I walked into walmart to pick up a 6 pack of propel and a box of winchester .22 LR (ar15 .22 conversion, I'm too cheap to shoot .223). I grabbed the propel, and walked over to the sports center. In the parking lot I was in a hurry so I left my G26 CCW and my iphone. Dumb move.

As I walked up, I noticed a large, marpat wearing dude in front of me. Being a Marine myself, I know what fake marpat looks like (I have 5 sets of the real stuff here at my house). He's wearing Fake marpat (No EGA, color was off. Brown jumped out too much), no name tapes, EGA marked boots (Bloused), green skivvy shirt with dog tags, a military haircut (grey hair) and tan mcmap belt. Boots and utes. He was attempting to buy a fishing or hunting license at the Sporting goods in Walmart (Burleson, right behind the Mcdonalds on 174, about 1445 or so. The Stolen Valor act does not prevent those using the uniform to deceive and obtain services or goods from being prosecuted, correct?)

I know, as a Marine we are expressly forbidden from wearing utilities out in public except for certain reasons, like a family emergency or pumping gas. Walmart, especially boots and utes, is forbidden.

Army had the same thing when I was in - no BDU's off post - either get in your class "A"s or get in civilian clothes.

Every day in downtown Fayetteville, NC (outside Ft. Bragg) you would see literally thousands of soldiers in BDU's every day shopping, getting food, etc - nobody gave a shit. (One 4-day Christmas weekend everybody tore ass out of there at 1700, I saw at least a dozen guys in BDU's & maroon berets in a rest stop on the New Jersey turnpike 10 hours later.)
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:35:20 AM EDT

You see some of that around Ft. Meade here too... but a lot of military members have garage sales and sell uniforms etc..
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:06:21 AM EDT
If he was wearing the whole top and bottom half of a camo outfit (any MIL one) but without any insignia, then he may just be a total dork rather than being a poser.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:19:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By xwarp:
wow, let's go gangbang that fucker, then ask him what the fuck was he thinking and pray to god he doesn't say he was on his way to go shoot some dove......

PETA would be proud of your caringnessness....

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:23:59 AM EDT
Camouflage is free to wear.

Where is the part he claimed to be anything in regards to being in/former .mil?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:25:01 AM EDT

Am I getting this right?

"We fought for your freedom to be free in Amerika! and now we're going to beat the piss out of you for wearing camo! Yeah we're free fuck yeah mission accomplished!

Nevermind that you never implied that you were in the service, or said a word to me!"

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:45:00 AM EDT
I have a confession to make...When I wear my BDU pants (Hey! They're comfortable!), I blouse 'em. After seeing how they look with and without, I can't wear 'em without...
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:10:21 AM EDT
So your pissed he was weraing knock off MARPAT and ..........................................?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:17:10 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Kongo:

You see some of that around Ft. Meade here too... but a lot of military members have garage sales and sell uniforms etc..

Hell! go to pretty much any fun show and you see tons of folks (many out of spec) wearing MARPAT, ACU's etc, it's common place. As mentioned, had the guy had the "details" such as name tape, wearing a cover talking up his stint with 1st Recon, then I'd be a bit concerned!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:17:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 4:21:18 AM EDT by Miles_Urbanus]
If he isn't wearing rank or unit insignia I can't really get upset over it. I think the general public is aware that people other then the military wear camouflage clothing. There is a world of difference between a poseur and an old guy going hunting. For all you know the guy was a former Marine.

That poseur lee Ermey is always wearing a issue OD cover! With rank insignia no less!

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:22:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 4:22:46 AM EDT by Baldmonk]
Originally Posted By Miles_Urbanus:
If he isn't wearing rank or unit insignia I can't really get upset over it. I think the general public is aware that people other then the military wear camouflage clothing. There is a world of difference between a poseur and an old guy going hunting.

We have lots of hunters here (tidewater area) that shop for camo at the surplus stores, and we are surrounded by the .mil of all types. Lack of insigna(s) and rank could mean he is a Fudd hunter.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:26:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 4:28:33 AM EDT by Naf]
Not going the way OP thought.

So, this guy was wearing camo and you automatically assume he is pretending to be in the military? You said he had no patches or name tag and the color was off. What made you think he was impersonating military? Wearing camo is legal in the USA. This isn't the Caribbean.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:34:33 AM EDT
It wasnt this guy was it?

William James Clark = Super Poser!

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:44:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Baldmonk:
Originally Posted By Miles_Urbanus:
If he isn't wearing rank or unit insignia I can't really get upset over it. I think the general public is aware that people other then the military wear camouflage clothing. There is a world of difference between a poseur and an old guy going hunting.

We have lots of hunters here (tidewater area) that shop for camo at the surplus stores, and we are surrounded by the .mil of all types. Lack of insigna(s) and rank could mean he is a Fudd hunter.

So hunting in bdu's makes you a fudd?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:46:33 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Naf:
Not going the way OP thought.

So, this guy was wearing camo and you automatically assume he is pretending to be in the military? You said he had no patches or name tag and the color was off. What made you think he was impersonating military? Wearing camo is legal in the USA. This isn't the Caribbean.

This. That might be the guy's dove hunting outfit. He might be ex Delta or Omega or Iota Force. I find it best not to worry about what other men wear.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:49:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 4:56:16 AM EDT by MOS2111]

You didnt pull his card right there? I leave soldiers and airmen alone when I see them fucking up - not my place. As a Former Marine - I will address the issue and help police our own.
That was a justified case of counseling.

But all the "dudes" here posting havent earned the Eagle, Globe and Anchor and will tell you he should be able to walk that line as close as he wants.
Im in the minority and know it.

ETA: Not actually a Marine, I still would have let him know that hitting up the Recruiter would get him the real deal and the self confidence that goes with it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:49:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By CONKLE73:
It wasnt this guy was it?

William James Clark = Super Poser!

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/528/fattymcliarwilliamjames.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1503/williamjamesclarksparet.jpg

The above, not out of the realm of possibility?

I'm just sayin'
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:49:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 4:51:32 AM EDT by David4327]
You do know dove season started this month right?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:54:34 AM EDT
With bloused boots and dogtags?

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:56:57 AM EDT

GOOGLE William James Clark...
His antics have earned him a felony conviction and that didn’t stop him…
This guy is a habitual poser.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:08:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Sykkone:
Burleson again?

Jeepers creepers!

Lack of blouse,

Just my $0.02

He's in jail
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:11:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Markypie:
Call the police. He was wearing a uniform somewhat similar to Marine Corp issue. I am sure he could be charged with hurting someone's feelings.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:11:11 AM EDT
"Gee Mister, are you a Marine?"

Response/rant can now be based on the response.

Nah, too difficult, rather just post in GD.

Maybe this is why the Corps ditched the BDU, everybody used "THEIR" uniform, and that's simply unacceptable.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:17:43 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MOS2111:

You didnt pull his card right there? I leave soldiers and airmen alone when I see them fucking up - not my place. As a Former Marine - I will address the issue and help police our own.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/mos2111/Counciling.jpg

But all the "dudes" here posting havent earned the Eagle, Globe and Anchor and will tell you he should be able to walk that line as close as he wants.

ETA: Not actually a Marine, I still would have let him know that hitting up the Recruiter would get him the real deal and the self confidence that goes with it.

Huh?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:23:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 5:25:27 AM EDT by AEnemaBay]

Originally Posted By poke4570:

Huh?

+1

Wtf?

ETA: Oh, I think he means that even though the subject in the OP wasn't actually a Marine he would have given the guy a heads up that he could always join the Corps and wear the uniform for real. At least I think that's what he meant...
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:27:46 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AEnemaBay:

Huh?

+1

Wtf?

ETA: Oh, I think he means that even though the subject in the OP wasn't actually a Marine he would have given the guy a heads up that he could always join the Corps and wear the uniform for real. At least I think that's what he meant...

I'm he thinkin he needs more hurp with his Derp.

WTF +2
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:29:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Markypie:

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:30:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Stegadeth:
Originally Posted By omega62:

MARine PATtern.

No EGA. So its not Mar Pat. If you think it is, report for duty in Boots/UTE with no EGA,
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:32:06 AM EDT

HOLY &itch T!t$...... and he is a CPL........ EPIC FAIL on his UNIT LEADERSHIP & Command!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:34:58 AM EDT
Originally Posted By CommoGunSlinger:

HOLY &itch T!t$...... and he is a CPL........ EPIC FAIL on his UNIT LEADERSHIP & Command!!!!!

Dude was nearly at the end of his IRR and was recalled. He went to the desert and served his country.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:42:49 AM EDT

Can somebody explain this to me. I was under the impression that you have to go through a a few weeks of hard training to get into the army. How is it possible to be that overweight and still complete all the running and climbing ropes and walls and all that other stuff?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:46:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Ecko:

Can somebody explain this to me. I was under the impression that you have to go through a a few weeks of hard training to get into the army. How is it possible to be that overweight and still complete all the running and climbing ropes and walls and all that other stuff?

See immediately above.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:59:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Steelerfan_LG1:
Originally Posted By CommoGunSlinger:

Dude was nearly at the end of his IRR and was recalled. He went to the desert and served his country.

That's great that he didn't try to puss out somehow and not go to the sandbox when he was already out of active duty, but he can continue serving his country by not being a fat piece of crap. And when I have to go to IRR muster there's always at least one Gunny or SSgt picking out Marines who are pushing weight standards and giving them a word or two about their appearance.

BTW, is there a story to the pic where we know that he was at the end of his IRR?

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:01:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AEnemaBay:

Huh?

+1

Wtf?

Even so, why would you jump some random persons ass, for wearing a green skivvy shirt and Marpat and combat boots with an EGA (cheaper than dirt used to sell because they were defects) in Wally world?

Who's gonna look like the bigger ass, the guy in knock off Marpat or you being an idiot lifeing and knife handing some random guy in knock off Marpat in Walmart?

Sorry can't see the big deal. Even if Pvt Fingerfucked was home on Boot leave and was jacked up in his Alphas, I can't see "pulling his card" him there and then like some rabid 1st Sgt going thru caffine withdrawls, when you could say "Dude fuckin fix your gig line you look like a bag of shit." in a conversational way.

I mean WTF, Lifeing somebody in walmart is bad form.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top