Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 5:05:20 PM EDT
So I go to a University with a lot of ROTC members (God bless em) but I was on a school trip to go wakeboarding and shit. Well I was on the boat, and this one kid goes up to my friend who is a freshy in AFROTC and he says he's an airforce officer, and starts basically interrogating my friend and claiming my friend should always have a little black book. I called bullshit on the little asshole and he said yeah he was just joking around. Well I later find out that he has been doing this to every other freshmen in AFROTC and that he is in in Army ROTC... and he is only a freshmen, apparently some kids still believe him. I was really tempted to do something slightly drastic. In short, I know I will see this kid again, I will have some choice words. What is your opinion? Am I overreacting? Claiming rank he doesn't have pisses me off. And why am I not doing ROTC? Cause I wanna be a coastie.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:08:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Sometimes I think we need more running from saber tooth tigers to put life in prospective.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Meh...

Mids played some pretty screwed up jokes on one another when I was at the Naval Academy.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#3]
punch that bastard in the face.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Toss him off of the boat, then quit sweating the small stuff.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Sometimes I think we need more running from saber tooth tigers to put life in prospective.  

yup
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:22:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Agree
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:28:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't worry, he'll either straighten out, or get fragged.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:28:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Don't worry, he'll either straighten out, or get fragged.

Yeah, lots of fragging going on these days, especially to officers that play childish jokes on their peers.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:29:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Real talk
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Kill him and eat his eyeballs

It's the only way to deal with this type of problem
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:35:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Wut?  who has a little black book these days just have her call your phone and add it to your contact list otherwise.............go get a box of grid squares......
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#12]
This is not the small stuff, impersonating an officer is like impersonating a cop, how do you fell about that?
I would bust the asshole and let everyone know what he is doing. You might write his unit commandant a letter describing his behaivor he might fine it to be interesting.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:39:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

You might write his unit commandant a letter describing his behaivor he might fine it to be interesting.

Jesus Christ.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:40:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Go to the CO of his ROTC program and let them know that one of their can't-cunt cadets is passing himself off as an officer. Should be good for a few laughs.

Next?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#15]
MYOB.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:46:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Are you kidding, half the people in GD are impersonating a Cop.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Are you kidding, half the people in GD are impersonating a Copsomeone over the age of 13.

Fixed it for ya.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:56:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

So are half the cops on my local police force.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:11:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

So are half the cops on my local police force.

Maybe we shouldn't turn this into a police/LEO bashing thread and focus on my meaningless topic
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:23:58 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Spoken like a truly wise man.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:30:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

best words i have seen in weeks after editing to perspective.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:42:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Go to the CO of his ROTC program and let them know that one of their can't-cunt cadets is passing himself off as an officer. Should be good for a few laughs.

Next?

I agree. Many of the kids in the program these days have serious issues that need to be addressed before it becomes a problem. I'm a graduate of the ROTC program and worked a semester as an instructor. Back then we took the program seriously. The goal is to build good professional leaders not clowns. Joke or not, there's an honor code and this shit shouldn't be tolerated. Report him the ROTC Cadre officers and get it sorted.

For those talking about "fragging"? WTF? Maybe during my father's war (Vietnam), but I'm coming up on 19 years and can say it doesn't happen. Accident's maybe, but never intentional.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:08:22 AM EDT
[#23]
toss him overboard and practice your coastie skills
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:08:24 AM EDT
[#24]
toss him overboard and practice your coastie skills
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:30:23 AM EDT
[#25]
ROTC, no matter what year you are, is gayer than a fanny pack of dicks.

Doesn't that feel better?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:41:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Next?

Then update with vids!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:43:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That's Sig Line material.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:45:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It's uncanny. First post wins again.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:55:11 AM EDT
[#29]
He will probably beat your ass if you say something. I would just keep my mouth shut.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:57:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Always have his Little Black Book?

I never realized that the Bickus Dickus reputation was so important in the ROTC's!

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:18:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Toss him off of the boat, then quit sweating the small stuff.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:28:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Best of luck joining the USCG. It's a bitch to get in right now if you're trying to be an Officer.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:43:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
He will probably beat your ass if you say something. I would just keep my mouth shut.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:51:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Out him in front of everybody next time
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:03:53 AM EDT
[#35]
At this early stage of the game, a public raping would probably put this lad back on the straight and narrow. He will thank you later.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:20:59 AM EDT
[#36]
karate chop him in the neck. If he does nothing he is a poser. If he breaks your arm you fail.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:52:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's uncanny. First post wins again.

It really is fucking spooky.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:24:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I think thats the least likely scenario
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:30:25 AM EDT
[#39]
you called him on it.  Good enough.  Trying to be more important then he is.  Typical Freshman ROTC crap.  Should get sorted out quickly
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:33:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted 17 times but worth another quote
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:36:17 AM EDT
[#41]
GD promised me that school starting back up would put an end to this shit. Lies.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:39:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Burn his little black book and post it on youtube.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:44:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
GD promised me that school starting back up would put an end to this shit. Lies.

Why even take the time to complain, its only making it worse for you isn't it?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:52:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually I'm trying to redeem your atrocious grammar and storytelling skills with humor. A favor for the board, if you will.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:03:46 AM EDT
[#45]
This is college, not real life.  Your response should be measured to gain maximum effect.  It should involve some pure grain alcohol, lots of duct tape, a permanent Sharpie marker or two, a set of hair clippers, and maybe a goat.  College is all about learning how to solve problems.  Be creative.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually I'm trying to redeem your atrocious grammar and storytelling skills with humor. A favor for the board, if you will.

Haha alright man, you have your fun being the grammarpolice. Got a lot of work to do. But your first post had nothing to do with grammar. Who am I kidding? The internet isn't for fighting, take it easy mano!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#47]
"We will not lie, steal or cheat, nor tolerate among us anyone who does. Furthermore, I resolve to do my duty and to live honorably, so help me God."- Cadet Honor Code

He should know better, bring your complaint to his chain of command and let them handle it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top