Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:36:29 PM EDT
[#1]
From a tactical LEO standoint, Rob knows the trade very well, and can teach it with ease.  That is a very hard find sometimes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I enjoy the shows and would like to take a class from Rob Pincus one day.

Wednesday night is the best night for TV at my house.

( I do sometimes giggle at the Midway USA commercials with Larry Potterfield).

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:44:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

i have to get the outdoor channel again.  i think it's like $5 a month on dish.

Was $1.50 when I added it
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#4]
....."I'M Larry Potterfield and thanks for your business."

One of the reasons I buy at Midway even if they are not the absolute bottom price.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:53:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Rob Pincus and his buddy Mike Janich are great. Even my sons enjoy them.
Michael Bane does a great job as an host and entertainer, which is his thing, just like training is for the other guys.

I think this sums it up pretty well.  I've trained with Rob and he's a great guy.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I enjoy their TV shows and pick up some good information from them.  I'd be happy to have a beer with either one.  

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:42:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Okay, Sunday Morning Serious note:

After 25 years or so of talking about gun stuff electronically (starting with 300 baud modems and BBS's), you do get a little cynical and jaded. When you a thread like this start up, from someone with four posts and not really stating an opinion, you just sorta brace yourself for the inevitable train wreck and keep an eye on it.... so, after several days, I have to admit that I am humbled a bit by this thread. Although my primary focus is on the training company, teaching courses and program development, I am very proud o the TV and DVD work that we do because t reaches so many people and has the chance to make a big impact. You definitely worry about the impression that people get from those short, one sided, exposures. So, THANKS AGAIN to those of you who watch the shows and especially those who took the time to contribute to this thread and let us know that you like what you're seeing.

Of course, those of you whom I actually know or who have trained with me are also very much appreciated for taking the time.

I am teaching for a few days this week, then taping Fri and Sat for the 2011 Season of TBD. I'll be doing that with a fresh reminder that many people are looking forward to the information!

-Rob
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:54:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I think they are good, decent guys trying to do something good.   Before I throw any stones at them, I would ask myself if I could do a better job than they do.   The immediate answer is no.   I could not.   So, I will keep watching them.   They have respect for LEOs and law and order.   They are not anti-government whackos hinting at joining paramilitary groups, etc.   They are just trying to help Mr. average citizen be a little better prepared.  Hell, even FEMA does that, in its own way, on its .gov website.   So, it's all good.  

Of course you will see a LOT of commercials on their shows, but it costs a lot for air time and I even occasionally see a new firearm or ammo, etc. advertised that is of interest to me.  Even Larry Potter sometimes says/does something interesting, although I think his "method" of picking up a firearm off a table to test firing time for a personal defense weapon may be a little bogus.........and that's the way it is.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:58:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Add Rob Pincus on Facebook!

He's always posting and he interesting to follow. Very cool guy from what I can see.

Plus his daughter is....well......just add him.

And the Best Defense is pure WIN!!

ETA: Oh shit. Just realized he posted in this thread.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:14:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I watch the shows and listen to banes podcast and pincus combat focus podcast.

I met rob once in passing at shotshow.  He was almost running by.  . . . Obviously late and i said hey your rob p.  He stopped and took a moment to say hello and let me introduce myself.  

Rob is very knowlegeable and personable.  Although he comes from a different background.  . . . He does a great job transmittig that information.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:25:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:57:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:57:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:11:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Bane is the only one I'm familiar with.
He cannot speak without moving his hands, nor listen without moving his head.
The above has nothing to do with what he does, which is bring popular firearms into our homes via TV.
So I give him at least 1 thumb up - most times two.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:12:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Best Defense Survival is awesome

Swat Mag TV can get a tad boring

Both guys are great, I DVR the shows every Wednesday
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:21:29 AM EDT
[#16]
I've known Mike Bane for quite a while-reformed Hippie that he is
Love the shows, especially "Cowboys". Haven't had the opportunity to meet Rob yet, but he appears to be a consumate professional, and a good choice the the other shows.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:43:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Never heard those names before.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:54:00 AM EDT
[#18]
What are these TV shows?

Serious question since I really don't watch much TV.

What channel and when?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:59:21 AM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By KC-130 FLT ENG:

What are these TV shows?

Serious question since I really don't watch much TV.

What channel and when?

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By KC-130 FLT ENG:

What channel and when?

Wednesday Night at the Range
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:14:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I DVR every episode

Same here.

Me too.  What the hell - Its got guns and shooting - all arfcommers should be in!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:14:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think I'd rather watch 10,000 hours of SWAT Magazine TV or Best Defense Survival than watch 10 minutes of the Kardashians or some other reality show bullshit.

You can always just mute the Kardashians and watch Kim....

Or Kourtney!God she is a sexy ass honey!Too bad she's a dumb fucking idiot as evidenced by her spreading her legs for that douchebag scott and getting pregnant with his kid.Oh well.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:15:22 AM EDT
[#23]
I like Bane he is cool.

I have not heard of Rob (sorry Mr Pincus) but he does look familiar.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Do I get to vote? :)

(thanks much to those of you who watch the shows!)

-RJP

I enjoy the shows
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

-RJP

in true ARFCOM fasion;

Hmmm, lets see, join date.. check...

Post count... check..

On another note... I enjoy Robs shows/DVD's. I have picked up a few things form them...  Wish I had a DVR so I didn't miss any.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:23:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Both guys are GTG IMO.

I've been watching The Best Defense and The Best Defense Survival since their inception. Both are great shows.

I listen to Michael Bane's podcast each week. Always fun to hear him rant about something.

In both instances I always learn something new.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:47:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Gentlemen,

My son (RogerRoger) and I really enjoy your shows and have learned a lot.

We watch every show.

We are now very motivated to take some classes when time/money allows.

Keep up the great work!

EMSflyer

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:50:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Best Defense Survival is awesome

Swat Mag TV can get a tad boring

Both guys are great, I DVR the shows every Wednesday

This.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:56:48 AM EDT
[#29]
After viewing the youtube video, I of course recognize Rob Pincus.

Both Bane and Pinkus are good folk.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:15:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

-RJP

You gotta be shitting me...

I hope to be in a position to attend one of your sessions in a year or two.

I like most shows gun related. Was an avid watcher of both bane's and pincus's shows until dish moved the channels and I didn't change to dvr...but, I'll remember to do it when I get home!

Bane is a little quirky at times and doesn't flow well sometimes, but I'm just jealous of all the toys he gets to hold.

I really enjoy Pincus and Michael Janich when they go to the range/dojo/house and demonstrate how different ammo works and how to deploy different techniques.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Bane is entertaining, but thats all.  Rob seems to know his shit.  DVR is set for every Wed!

Swat TV doesnt appeal too much for me because its not my line of duty....but gun nuts is up my fuddish side's alley.  

Like outdoor network way better than the Union BS on the sportsman's channel ...and davidsons gallery of guns = gay
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:33:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Both seem to be super guys and I DVR all the shows.   Not a real big fan of ear rings for men though.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:56:24 AM EDT
[#33]
DVR gets em all on Wednesday!

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:03:55 AM EDT
[#34]
WHO?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:06:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If the choice of TV programing involves guns , shooting and gear  vs some sort of reality show bullshit , Ill go with the guns,shooting and gear everytime!

This.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:08:09 AM EDT
[#36]
After seeing MAC all the time on future weapons, I can safely say that Pincus has removed the douche from the high-speed-no-hair community and restored my faith.

I
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:25:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Been watching Bane for years, along with Jim.  The new Survival show is good info.  Like Banes blog everyday.  Worst shows on are Gun Nuts and Guns and Gear with the Olympic twits.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:11:42 AM EDT
[#38]
I like Best Defense.  The scenarios presented, such as an incident in a bar, or outside a convenience store, are situations many of us could easily find ourselves in one day.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:16:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Had a quick lunch with Bane at the NRA conven in Pittsburgh several years ago.  Nice guy, easy to talk to.

I enjoy Rob's programs and vidoes though I've never met him.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:08:38 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm a fan but I've been slacking on catching the show lately. Winter will change that. No DVR for this kid.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:54:08 AM EDT
[#41]
I watched their shows whenever I caught them on the guide, I like their shows and so do my kids.

I haven't watched in awhile and my sons are busy "chasing" other interests in their teen years, I will check the guide again
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:52:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Okay, Sunday Morning Serious note:

After 25 years or so of talking about gun stuff electronically (starting with 300 baud modems and BBS's), you do get a little cynical and jaded. When you a thread like this start up, from someone with four posts and not really stating an opinion, you just sorta brace yourself for the inevitable train wreck and keep an eye on it.... so, after several days, I have to admit that I am humbled a bit by this thread. Although my primary focus is on the training company, teaching courses and program development, I am very proud o the TV and DVD work that we do because t reaches so many people and has the chance to make a big impact. You definitely worry about the impression that people get from those short, one sided, exposures. So, THANKS AGAIN to those of you who watch the shows and especially those who took the time to contribute to this thread and let us know that you like what you're seeing.

Of course, those of you whom I actually know or who have trained with me are also very much appreciated for taking the time.

I am teaching for a few days this week, then taping Fri and Sat for the 2011 Season of TBD. I'll be doing that with a fresh reminder that many people are looking forward to the information!

-Rob

I like SWAT magazine tv alot, best deffense survival,...... I usually watch what your segments sometimes Janich's stuff also
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Bane is entertaining, but thats all.  Rob seems to know his shit.  DVR is set for every Wed!

Swat TV doesnt appeal too much for me because its not my line of duty....but gun nuts is up my fuddish side's alley.  

Like outdoor network way better than the Union BS on the sportsman's channel ...and davidsons gallery of guns = gay

ARE YOU KIDDING? Gun Nuts is the WORST gun show on television.  Gun Safety is even autocious on that show.  The editing looks like it was done by a 3rd grader.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:24:10 PM EDT
[#44]
I just reset my dvr to record all this stuff.  Will check it out.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:38:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Great shows.

I watch the whenever they are on.

They helped get my wife interested in firearms.
Once after watching an episode of Survival she ordered some ammo!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#46]

oops, wrong thread
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top