Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]
need pics
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:54:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like your on the right track.  I thought about getting a kayak all summer for playing on lake Erie and never did it.  I'm kicking myself now.

Plan a kayak float/ camping trip.

You've got some balls to take a kayak out on Lake Erie, that lake can be a heartless bitch,  even on a clear blue day.

I live by Presque Isle, which is protected from the main lake's weather and waves.  The bay is the perfect place for a kayak with inlets and marsh areas to explore.

Presque Isle is the best natural harbor on Lake Erie.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:05:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I went paddling over the weekend! im joining soon.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:07:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like your on the right track.  I thought about getting a kayak all summer for playing on lake Erie and never did it.  I'm kicking myself now.

Plan a kayak float/ camping trip.

That's already in the works.  This paddling group is really active... plus I'm a charming mofo and they keep inviting me to more stuff.  

Every year I've gone on a hard hiking and camping trip.  Not sure if I'll be able to get one in this year but I've been getting invites for those, too.

I forgot to mention I've got passes to play paint ball this fall, too.  

So, you are into all this and your left hand ring finger is nekkid? Are you painful to look at or something? What is your teeth to tattoo ratio?

WTF???
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Snip

You coming out to the KY/OH Shoot on the 25th?

Yeppers!  I'll be there yelling at y'all to stop shooting and come eat something again.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:29:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So...  you might actually start posting here more often ???

Shush.  I lurk a lot.  I stopped posting a lot years ago.  Just stopped taking the bait on the usual flaming topics... plus I've had a few warnings.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I've decided to accept my fate and go on about my life the only way I know how... ::hanging head and slumping shoulders::

BY ENJOYING IT.  

I just bought a kayak and have joined a paddling group.  We spent two hours on the Ohio last night getting some good excercise, laughs and watching a gorgeous sunset.

I'm also planning on getting SCUBA certified in the next month or two and planning a trip to Belize.

December is a month long membership at the rock climbing gym.

I am open to all suggestions and anecdotal stories regarding any of the above or ideas for other things I should try.

Please leave my nekkid left hand ring finger and pristine womb out of it.  

Skydive

Mountain bike!

and consider getting a dual sport and riding the world.

No, I'm not kidding! I hope you have huge heaping tons of fun
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:36:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

No babies!

I don't plan on starting a family - if I ever do - until 30. Too much to do in life.

I'm the opposite of that I'm 32 and the wife is 35, we have two 13 year olds and an 11 yo. By our early forties they should be independent and we can do more of what we want, still do a bunch of fun things now though and have a great time with the kids, glad to be getting that phase done earlier though, babies and toddlers sound like a nightmare now
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:36:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Mountain biking is a real possibility next year.  I have a couple of buddies who have been bugging me to get into it.

The idea is for me to be able to hike, run, bike and kayak during the 8 months of decent weather we have here for my crosstraining as opposed to sweating in a gym.  During the winter months I train for the Derby Mini Marathon.  

As for pictures... most people know what I look like on here.  I don't have trouble getting dates.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top