Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 11:16:25 AM EDT
I was flipping channels last night and stopped on the DEA reality show. I've never seen it before, so I decided to check out a few minutes of it. They raided a guys house and find a weapon, they kept calling it a MAC 10 machine gun, it was actually a Kel Tec 2000.

How do you get this confused with this
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I was watching that show with my son last week.  The DEA bozo kept talking about 'clips' and using other words that made me think he didn't know what he was talking about.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was watching that show with my son last week.  The DEA bozo kept talking about 'clips' and using other words that made me think he didn't know what he was talking about.

I saw that too, my wife asked me why I was yelling at the TV.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:28:19 AM EDT
[#3]
They get MAC 10 confused with Tec9, no biggy
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:29:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I remember this discussion several months ago on here LOL...

A former coworker of mine is now a federal agent in NYC.  He said that all the cases that were shown on DEA New Jersey were dismissed by a Federal court judge, because either procedures weren't followed, some shady shit was done "for TV", or there was too much exposure of the case to get an unbiased trial...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:41:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

10 - 9 =1    They are only one off. So what
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:43:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Ain't no confusin' Tecca man!

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:46:55 AM EDT
[#7]
that show irratates me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:47:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I had a conniption when I watched that, so I showed my girlfriend who agreed that they look nothing alike.  Fucking idiots with their "this is a federal defense, ohhhhhhhhhhh and it's got a fucking laser!! HOLY SHIT A MAC 10 WITH A FUCKING LASER!!! OH MY FUCKING GOD, YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'VE DONE NOW!!!! THAT'S FEDERAL, HOLY SHIT, JESUS, OH GOD, A FUCKING MAC 10 WITH A LASER".

Again, fucking idiots.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:49:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I shot that Kel-Tec the other day. It did not feel very well made.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:23:35 AM EDT
[#10]
I LoL'd at the episode where they raided a house and the home owner went for a shotgun.

DEA guy:  Why'd you go for the gun?  That's a good way to get shot.

Dude:  Protection.  I been robbed before, thought you was them coming back.

DEA:  But you was goin for a gun.  You coulda got shot.

Dude:  I didn't know it was ya'll.  I thought they was robbin me again.

DEA:  THat's no excuse.  Why'd you go for the gun?  You could've got shot.

Dude:  
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:25:59 AM EDT
[#11]
JBT and stupidity, is like shotguns and beer.  They just dont mix well.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:29:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I saw that episode.  I quit watching it after that.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:30:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I saw that episode.  I quit watching it after that.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:30:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Nobody ever said the majority of Federal Agents or LEO in general are "gun guys" in fact I would say the opposite is true.  Yes they work around weapons, yes they carry and qualify with weapons, yes they confiscate weapons - but more often than not their exposure and knowledge is limited to what they carry and qualify with.  As has been said in the past, your average "gun guy" probably knows more about weapons, parts, and what's new and coming out than any ten alphabet agency FAs or LEOs put together.

Anyone disagree?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:33:59 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm surprised that the DEA allowed themselves to be filmed and aired. I was always under the impression they were one of the most professional of the federal law enforcement agencies. This show made them look undisciplined, reckless and outright clumsy. Kind of embarrassing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:35:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Sounds like the Dallas SWAT show.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:38:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

what ever happened to the SWAT member that was caught with a prositute ?

he stilll working there ?
got a promotion ?.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:43:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm surprised that the DEA allowed themselves to be filmed and aired. I was always under the impression they were one of the most professional of the federal law enforcement agencies. This show made them look undisciplined, reckless and outright clumsy. Kind of embarrassing.

I thought most of those guys were local PD making up the DEA task force that were just sworn special agents?

On that note, people here get to hung up on the littlest dumb shit.

<arfomer>ZOMG!!!!  how does the JBT not know what kind of gun that was zomg!!!!!!!!  Stupid JBTS!!!!!</arfcomer>
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:48:59 AM EDT
[#19]
They didn't confuse anything, standard procedure when a cop doesn't know something is to make it up, especially if there are cameras watching.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:49:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Nobody ever said the majority of Federal Agents or LEO in general are "gun guys" in fact I would say the opposite is true.  Yes they work around weapons, yes they carry and qualify with weapons, yes they confiscate weapons - but more often than not their exposure and knowledge is limited to what they carry and qualify with.  As has been said in the past, your average "gun guy" probably knows more about weapons, parts, and what's new and coming out than any ten alphabet agency FAs or LEOs put together.

Anyone disagree?

Agree.
LEO's : gun people :: Accounting Office Clerk: computer/tech people

The gun is just a tool of the job, like their computer or their blackberry or their squad car.

No one thinks LEOs are 'car guys' since they use a car all day long.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:50:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
JBT and stupidity, is like shotguns and beer.  They just dont mix well.

Shotguns and beer were made for eachother.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:50:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought most of those guys were local PD making up the DEA task force that were just sworn special agents?

<arfomer>ZOMG!!!!  how does the JBT not know what kind of gun that was zomg!!!!!!!!  Stupid JBTS!!!!!</arfcomer>

Its not that at all, it is the fact he was absolutely certain that he knew what he was talking about when it was obvious he did not.

This is on par with a news reporter seeing a 30-30 and calling it an AK-47.

If he didn't know what it was he should of used a generic term.

I don't think anyone is saying the LEO was stupid, he just didn't know what he was talking about.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:54:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You might be right. I always understood the DEA to be primarily an investigative/surveillance agency that relied on other fed and local agencies for muscle. The amount of actual door kickers numbered in the dozens.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:54:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I remember this discussion several months ago on here LOL...

A former coworker of mine is now a federal agent in NYC.  He said that all the cases that were shown on DEA New Jersey were dismissed by a Federal court judge, because either procedures weren't followed, some shady shit was done "for TV", or there was too much exposure of the case to get an unbiased trial...

Same thing with the "catch a predator" show.."have a seat over there"
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:54:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Was that the show where an officer called a Hi-Point carbine a high powered assault rifle?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:55:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not dumb shit (well technically it is, just the other way around) when a federal agent is waving a completely legal gun in your face and screaming something about federal charges for a machine gun.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:58:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not that at all, it is the fact he was absolutely certain that he knew what he was talking about when it was obvious he did not.

This is on par with a news reporter seeing a 30-30 and calling it an AK-47.

If he didn't know what it was he should of used a generic term.

I don't think anyone is saying the LEO was stupid, he just didn't know what he was talking about.

That happens every day in every profession.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:00:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I LoL'd at the episode where they raided a house and the home owner went for a shotgun.

DEA guy:  Why'd you go for the gun?  That's a good way to get shot.

Dude:  Protection.  I been robbed before, thought you was them coming back.

DEA:  But you was goin for a gun.  You coulda got shot.

Dude:  I didn't know it was ya'll.  I thought they was robbin me again.

DEA:  THat's no excuse.  Why'd you go for the gun?  You could've got shot.

Dude:  

Guy#1: My first wife died from eating poison mushrooms

Guy#2 Really?

Guy#1 Yeah..and my second wife died from a fractured skull

Guy#2 OMG! how'd she fracture her skull???

Guy#1 She wouldn't eat her mushrooms

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:02:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not dumb shit (well technically it is, just the other way around) when a federal agent is waving a completely legal gun in your face and screaming something about federal charges for a machine gun.

BFD.....

I've heard a lot worse from a lot higher up people than a LEO.......  

I bet the terd wasn't even charged.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Forget the guns, forget the idiotic posturing, forget the logic that everyone should cower down to anyone beating on their door with ski masks on, what pisses me the fuck off about that show is the fact that they bust someone, then sweat them down while encouraging them to ignore their Miranda rights, then cop a plea bargain with the person right there on the spot without giving any weight to past criminal records.

Then they go bust the next guy and do it all over again, basically leaving a wake of plea bargains and broken door frames as they work their way up to the "big fish".

They might as well just run a 30 minute long black and white ad saying "If you do dope and we bust you, just rat out your source and you'll get a slap on the wrist."

FUCK THAT. If it's worth writing a law over it's worth enforcing. Plea bargains get us bodies in the streets and allow criminals to rethink their planning to avoid getting busted again.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#31]
I swear those guys look and act like they're jacked up on the drugs they're confiscating.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#32]
I've seen better busts on Dog the Bounty Hunter than with the clowns on this show. I cannot watch it as it portrays LE in a very negative light and I keep telling myself; "this cannot be reality can it?" and "these cannot be the thin blue line protecting society, can they?". Oh well, I guess when society is on a downhill slide so goes law enforcement along with everything else.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:03:27 AM EDT
[#33]
The DEA should go the way of the Dodo along with the BATFE and several other agencies.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:06:11 AM EDT
[#34]
i have watched a couple of episodes for a few minutes each time.  Those guy's shown are clowns
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top