Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/8/2010 7:01:46 AM EDT
So Saturday afternoon I'm eating some great BBQ at our yearly dove hunt before heading out for the shoot, and my mother -in- law calls me to tell me my neihbor just called her to complain that our dogs didn't have any food and the water was a little muddy and he was going to call animal control because it was almost like dog abuse....... and several other things about their welfare and the care of the dogs. He had her number because the house used to be one of my inlaws rental houses before we bought it from them a few years ago, but he knows our numbers and sees me almost daily in the yard.

Now, you need to understand that the dogs in question are our rabbit hunting beagles. There are 7 of them and 5 are from the litter of puppies from the spring. They are in a kennel in the backyard in full shade under several large trees, they had been fed that morning, and there was about 3 gallons of water in an automatic water bowl setup. These are hunting and field trialing dogs and the two adults have several 1st place trophies between them for both bench and chase. These dogs just aren't pets.

So my wife gets upset, I end up having to call him to avoid animal control coming out, and telling him I would talk to him when I got home, and to please leave our dogs alone. Turns out he decided to feed them because they "looked" hungry. And later when I went over to talk to him he was all polite and nice and I tried to be neihborly but made it clear to keep away from the dogs and the extra food he was feeding them was putting extra weight on the animals that was very unhealthy.

What is up with a guy who would be spiteful and arrogant on the phone with a woman but then be all nice and apologetic in front of a man? I would at least expect him to be polite to my mother in law and an ass to me, but it was the other way around.  Scared? Intimidated? Just a prick who doesn't like women?  

Oh Well, just venting.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:03:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe you should have invited the neighbors over to partake of your BBQ.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:03:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Time to feed the hogs dogs.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:04:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Yankees?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:05:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Maybe you should have invited the neighbors over to partake of your BBQ.

Nah, we were hunting 70 miles south and I didn't want to spend hours with my prick of a niehbor.....

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:06:31 AM EDT
[#5]
What did he say about your spelling?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:08:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I have been witness to this phenomena before myself.  Some guys apparently have real mommy issues and cannot treat women with the same respect they afford men.  I have even seen some women do this as well.  I think it comes from thinking they can boss a woman about and knowing a man can knock the everliving snot out of them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:12:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:15:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Call animal control on him. He is not only tampering with and harassing your animals but he is feeding them god only knows what. While you are not home!

They dont take well to that shit. Some mexicunt's kids were harassing my dogs and getting them all worked up. She called the police on my dogs. Mind you The police had already been here to take a report about her shitty kids harassing my fenced dogs. I was afraid if they got bit or something my dogs would be taken.

The officer spent a fair amount of time with my dogs and could see they were sweet and lovable. He also noted and took photos of where the little anchor babies had been ramming my chainlink fence repeatedly with their bike tires to harass the dogs.

Ffwd to Mexicunt. She calls the police because of my "aggressive dogs" The police come and talk to me and we are kinda just shooting the shit. The woman comes over all " MY BABIES DIDNT NO NUFFIN" With her oldest daughter and the 2 bastards in tow. Come to find out the kids have been picked up by juvi before , the daughter had a warrient and so did the mother. THe daughter RAN from the cops , the mother tried too. Once they realized they were going to jail and not my dogs lol.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:23:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Unless your kennel or whatever is right next to his property, WTF is he doing there???  Is he coming onto your property to "feed" your dogs?  I mean wtf is going on here?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:24:19 AM EDT
[#10]
He must watch too much Animal Planet.

What a dick.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:25:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Call animal control on him. He is not only tampering with and harassing your animals but he is feeding them god only knows what. While you are not home!

They dont take well to that shit. Some mexicunt's kids were harassing my dogs and getting them all worked up. She called the police on my dogs. Mind you The police had already been here to take a report about her shitty kids harassing my fenced dogs. I was afraid if they got bit or something my dogs would be taken.

The officer spent a fair amount of time with my dogs and could see they were sweet and lovable. He also noted and took photos of where the little anchor babies had been ramming my chainlink fence repeatedly with their bike tires to harass the dogs.

Ffwd to Mexicunt. She calls the police because of my "aggressive dogs" The police come and talk to me and we are kinda just shooting the shit. The woman comes over all " MY BABIES DIDNT NO NUFFIN" With her oldest daughter and the 2 bastards in tow. Come to find out the kids have been picked up by juvi before , the daughter had a warrient and so did the mother. THe daughter RAN from the cops , the mother tried too. Once they realized they were going to jail and not my dogs lol.

Ha ha. Karma.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:25:00 AM EDT
[#12]
What was the man doing in your backyard?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:31:52 AM EDT
[#13]
just hating
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:37:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yankees?

lol, my first thought too.

That's Racist!

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:42:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Pics of dogs and kennel?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:42:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yankees?

That's Racist!

Yankee-ism isnt a race. Its a dissability.

j/k

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:48:54 AM EDT
[#17]
OP,
You have seven dogs. The neighbor may be seeking to reduce what he considers to be a nuisance (noise? smell of dog shit?) and believes he can harass you into some form of action in that direction. Does he have a legitimate complaint?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:55:42 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yankees?

That's Racist!

j/k

Kinda like that Spelling for Cracka's course you took?

It's DISABLING????

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:56:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
OP,
You have seven dogs. The neighbor may be seeking to reduce what he considers to be a nuisance (noise? smell of dog shit?) and believes he can harass you into some form of action in that direction. Does he have a legitimate complaint?

2 adult dogs and 1 litter dropped in the spring, ~April - May-ish , isnt unreasonable.    Not in my eyes, anyway.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:58:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Ask him for his mother-in-law's phone number so that the next time something like this comes up, you can have your MIL talk to his MIL and they can work it out.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:00:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have been witness to this phenomena before myself.  Some guys apparently have real mommy issues and cannot treat women with the same respect they afford men.  I have even seen some women do this as well.  I think it comes from thinking they can boss a woman about and knowing a man can knock the everliving snot out of them.

Yep.  People tend to change their tone when the real possibility of getting a boot in their ass is looking them in the eye.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:01:53 AM EDT
[#22]
MS Paint of the incident. It is demanded.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:09:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP,

2 adult dogs and 1 litter dropped in the spring, ~April - May-ish , isnt unreasonable.    Not in my eyes, anyway.

if there is no ordinance barring you from having 7 dogs, and they are properly fed and watered, it's nobody's business but yours.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:11:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Neighbor is stupid.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:14:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Sounds like the guy is a huge pussy to me.

He was probably letting your wife know how he really felt, and then was trying to defuse a potential ass kicking when you knocked on his door.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:14:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:17:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:19:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:28:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

gotta watch rabbit dogs, they get fat quick.
we used to have a Beagle kennel of fantastic hunting stock.  there is a strict difference between lean and starving.
hounds are not sofa dogs.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:30:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Can be hard to deal with people that mean well but nevertheless do something really negative. I had a friend agree to come over and feed a pet once while I was on vacation. I explained over the phone what to do, and left written instructions to give the animal no more than one treat a day. Period. Was away for a little less than a week, and came home to see the entire treat box was empty, and the animal nearly DIED from an overdose of the sugar in the treats. One a day is healthy. Multiples are not. She'd been giving it a few DOZEN a day, because "It looked so happy when I gave it treats, so I kept giving them to him."

Everyone thinks they know better than the fucking owners.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:31:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP,

seven beagles is a troop of rabbit hunting ass whoppin. "get'em"

for those who have never rabbit hunted behind the little hounds, it ranks up there with one of the greater points of life.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:34:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

we used to have a Beagle kennel of fantastic hunting stock.  there is a strict difference between lean and starving.

We must not read the same authors.

Translation:
Kill your neighbor with a claw hammer, cut him into pieces with a recip saw and feed the bits to your doggies.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:38:12 AM EDT
[#33]
You need a better fence.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:40:11 AM EDT
[#34]

Steps one and three should be obvious.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:46:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We must not read the same authors.

Translation:
Kill your neighbor with a claw hammer, cut him into pieces with a recip saw and feed the bits to your doggies.

we have hogs for that. sorry for the confusion. we are taught at a young age to always have a good friend that has hogs in a private location.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:46:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yankees?

That's Racist!

S's arent restricted down here. We use however many we wants, however often we wants.

j/k

It's DISABLING????

S's arent restricted down here. We use however many we wants, however often we wants.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:51:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Maybe he just mentioned it to your mother in law since he couldn't find you.  Maybe your mother in law doesn't like you and made up the rest of the stuff?  Maybe your wife has complained about your hunting trips with the dogs so the mother in law decided to use all that against you.  There are a lot of different ways that whole interaction could have gone down.  You are just getting one side of the story.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:53:29 AM EDT
[#38]
8 foot privacy fence.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:55:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Take a dump in his yard.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:08:13 AM EDT
[#40]
This thread is lacking serious fucking info.

Was there any blading?  If so, at what angle.  Next time don't leave out the important shit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:08:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yankees?

That's Racist!

j/k

It's DISABLING????

Yes, as in mandatory bling removal against your will!  

Bryan

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:09:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
OP,

I agree. Your neighbor is more than likely pissed about something else.  When you say you have a kennel in your backyard the first thing I think of is dogs barking constantly and the smell of shit on a hot summer day.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#43]
The neighborly thing to do is to go next door and talk to the guy.

Tell him to fuck off.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:38:37 AM EDT
[#44]
this wasn't at 10pm was it?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Why trespassing of course.

I would say call the police but then you have to live next to this guy. If it keeps happening though.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:05:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Chain of command issue.  Some people start at the bottom, your neighbor apparently started at the top.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What is up with a guy who would be spiteful and arrogant on the phone with a woman but then be all nice and apologetic in front of a man? I would at least expect him to be polite to my mother in law and an ass to me, but it was the other way around.  Scared? Intimidated? Just a prick who doesn't like women?  

Oh Well, just venting.....

He's a pussy.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:49:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The neighborly thing to do is to go next door and talk to the guy.

Tell him to fuck off.

again. a neighbor to the south is direct and concise.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Chain of command issue.  Some people start at the bottom, your neighbor apparently started at the top.

oh  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:52:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Good question.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top