Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:12:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Half the the time my beagle drinks in a big puddle  in our gravel driveway, if we get rain, gets dirt in it too.   He has plenty of fresh water everyday.    Beagles are a special breed.

Truely the most fantastic retarded dogs on the planet.  And I love 'em.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

So Saturday afternoon I'm eating some great BBQ at our yearly dove hunt before heading out for the shoot, and my mother -in- law calls me to tell me my neihbor just called her to complain that our dogs didn't have any food and the water was a little muddy and he was going to call animal control because it was almost like dog abuse....... and several other things about their welfare and the care of the dogs. He had her number because the house used to be one of my inlaws rental houses before we bought it from them a few years ago, but he knows our numbers and sees me almost daily in the yard.

Now, you need to understand that the dogs in question are our rabbit hunting beagles. There are 7 of them and 5 are from the litter of puppies from the spring. They are in a kennel in the backyard in full shade under several large trees, they had been fed that morning, and there was about 3 gallons of water in an automatic water bowl setup. These are hunting and field trialing dogs and the two adults have several 1st place trophies between them for both bench and chase. These dogs just aren't pets.

So my wife gets upset, I end up having to call him to avoid animal control coming out, and telling him I would talk to him when I got home, and to please leave our dogs alone. Turns out he decided to feed them because they "looked" hungry. And later when I went over to talk to him he was all polite and nice and I tried to be neihborly but made it clear to keep away from the dogs and the extra food he was feeding them was putting extra weight on the animals that was very unhealthy.

What is up with a guy who would be spiteful and arrogant on the phone with a woman but then be all nice and apologetic in front of a man? I would at least expect him to be polite to my mother in law and an ass to me, but it was the other way around.  Scared? Intimidated? Just a prick who doesn't like women?  

Oh Well, just venting.....

Oh negative.  Your turn to chew some ass.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So Saturday afternoon I'm eating some great BBQ at our yearly dove hunt before heading out for the shoot, and my mother -in- law calls me to tell me my neihbor just called her to complain that our dogs didn't have any food and the water was a little muddy and he was going to call animal control because it was almost like dog abuse....... and several other things about their welfare and the care of the dogs. He had her number because the house used to be one of my inlaws rental houses before we bought it from them a few years ago, but he knows our numbers and sees me almost daily in the yard.

Now, you need to understand that the dogs in question are our rabbit hunting beagles. There are 7 of them and 5 are from the litter of puppies from the spring. They are in a kennel in the backyard in full shade under several large trees, they had been fed that morning, and there was about 3 gallons of water in an automatic water bowl setup. These are hunting and field trialing dogs and the two adults have several 1st place trophies between them for both bench and chase. These dogs just aren't pets.

So my wife gets upset, I end up having to call him to avoid animal control coming out, and telling him I would talk to him when I got home, and to please leave our dogs alone. Turns out he decided to feed them because they "looked" hungry. And later when I went over to talk to him he was all polite and nice and I tried to be neihborly but made it clear to keep away from the dogs and the extra food he was feeding them was putting extra weight on the animals that was very unhealthy.

What is up with a guy who would be spiteful and arrogant on the phone with a woman but then be all nice and apologetic in front of a man? I would at least expect him to be polite to my mother in law and an ass to me, but it was the other way around.  Scared? Intimidated? Just a prick who doesn't like women?  

Oh Well, just venting.....

One of two things here:

1) Guy is a pussy.

2) Woman took it out of context.

Given the high likelihood of both, it's probably a mix of both reasons.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd be pissed if someone went into my yard without my OK.

Beagles always look hungry, they are stomachs with feet.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:41:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This is quite commonplace.

Ive had male customers giving female co-workers all kinds of greif at my last job....really belitteling them. All it took was me walking up to the counter and interupting with a "is there a problem here". Youve never seen an attitude do a complete about face so quickly and I am NOT a big intimidating guy (5'2" 140lbs). The conversation goes from them being a complete ass to a perfect gentleman.

The wife has given up dealing with people over the phone because even there she is brushed off because she is female. When I get on, things get done.

I dont pretend to be a hardass, I dont even need to raise my voice. Just being a guy tends to aleviate those kinds of problems.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:41:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy a few cases of SpaghettiOs®, and force feed them to the neighbor because he might be underfed.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Piss on his leg and Blade at 45 degrees, Establish your dominance over him!

Vince
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:20:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'd be pissed if someone went into my yard without my OK.

Beagles always look hungry, they are stomachs with feet.

It's worse if you mix them with a dachshund.

Just gets them closer to the ground and they see more crap to eat.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:23:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Just kick his ass and be done with it. Not enough ass kicking is what is wrong with the world today. If more people got their ass kicked for acting like a jackass then there would be less people acting like jackasses.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:28:52 PM EDT
[#10]

A guy that used to work for me received an anonymous note from one of his neighbors. It complained that he was leaving his dogs out in the cold and they were going to report him to Animal Control.

His dogs are Huskies.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:48:15 PM EDT
[#11]
"Please mind your own business and stay on your own property and I'll do the same.  And let's not start a war over who can call the authorities more often, okay".

Hopefully he'll listen better than a neighbor I used to have.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:49:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Maybe he just mentioned it to your mother in law since he couldn't find you.  Maybe your mother in law doesn't like you and made up the rest of the stuff?  Maybe your wife has complained about your hunting trips with the dogs so the mother in law decided to use all that against you.  There are a lot of different ways that whole interaction could have gone down.  You are just getting one side of the story.

Actually my mother in law thinks I am a saint. (could be all the stuff I take care of for the family: driving, errands, landscaping, moving,  help around thier home as well as her widowed mother's home) As for my wife complaining about my hunting trips? These are actually her hunting dogs, she likes to run them more than I do, I tend to do more deer and bird hunting, but I love to hear the beagles run too.... And yes it might have been over dramatized before it made it back to me, but he has been a shithead before and it fit his usual attitude.

But to be fair to you, I might have thought the same thing.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top