Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/8/2010 6:27:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:36:38 AM EDT
Guess a cop somwhere in Wahsington got tired of it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:41:53 AM EDT
Mr. Rud might want to invest in a home security system and a dog or two, now that his home has been identified as a good target.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:44:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2010 6:49:08 AM EDT by zaskar017]
wasnt there a story similar to this months ago?

no calling dupe, but it is strange to hear two similar stories of stolen 1911s recovered decades later

ETA: not a dupe
other one was returned after 40 years
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1039806
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:57:20 AM EDT
Not as cool, but an AK I had stolen was recovered by ATF Agent(I shit you not) Michael Moore. He called me at home three years after it was stolen in Maryland and told me they recovered it in a sting they ran in New Jersey.

When I answered the phone and the agent told me his name was Michael Moore I thought it was one of my buddies messing with me. They have a history of some wild pranks. I said, "yeah, good one asshole, Michael Moore?" That's when he read my my SS# and a bunch of personal information.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:01:21 AM EDT
Originally Posted By BigHunt:
Guess a cop somwhere in Wahsington got tired of it.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:03:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 2IDdoc:
Not as cool, but an AK I had stolen was recovered by ATF Agent(I shit you not) Michael Moore. He called me at home three years after it was stolen in Maryland and told me they recovered it in a sting they ran in New Jersey.

When I answered the phone and the agent told me his name was Michael Moore I thought it was one of my buddies messing with me. They have a history of some wild pranks. I said, "yeah, good one asshole, Michael Moore?" That's when he read my my SS# and a bunch of personal information.

oops!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:05:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By gonzo_beyondo:

Originally Posted By 2IDdoc:

oops!

I have friends just like yours.

TRG
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:09:03 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:

Goins said he was surprised when a Lakewood, Wash.,

Goins would not be surprised if he had ever visited Lakehood.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:37:01 AM EDT

You would think pawnshops would run it through the FBI registry.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:43:50 AM EDT
My dad's .45 ACP Colt was stolen the Saturday before Xmas, 1986 in Seattle. I wonder if it will ever be recovered.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:51:42 AM EDT
Originally Posted By _DR:

You would think pawnshops would run it through the FBI registry.

How do you think it was found?
Top Top