Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2010 12:48:20 AM EDT
I've been considering ordering a case of 223 ammo for plinking with friends, and every online dealer that carries cheap Russian crap says you have to be 21 to order. Is there any reason why they prohibit sales of rifle ammo to people under 21?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:50:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Cause if they don't and someone gets hurt some how some asshole will sue the shit out of them!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:38:29 AM EDT
[#2]

When I was a kid, this was a free country.  We would ride our bikes down to the feed store in 1980 and buy all the ammo we needed just before hunting season or for target practice.  We could buy spray paint, knives, fire works, all at the age of 12.  No issues.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:42:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:47:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Some idiots decided to shoot up some schools.

That's what happened.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:48:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That's what happened.

There's no law saying you have to be 21.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:58:59 AM EDT
[#6]
many states have laws prohibiting persons under 21 from purchasing handgun ammunition.

rifle rounds such as 5.56/.223 could be considered "handgun ammunition" depending on how the law is written (it is illegal to sell ammunition to a person under 21 that is intended for use in a handgun vs. can be fired from a handgun) and the dealer's interpretation since AR pistols are common firearms.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:03:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what happened.

There's no law saying you have to be 21.

My post was less about the law and more about public perception.

Times have changed.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:54:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Cause if they don't and someone gets hurt some how some asshole  will sue the shit out of them!

But they can't if you are 21?

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:04:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Cause if they don't and someone gets hurt some how some asshole  will sue the shit out of them!

But they can't if you are 21?

Never did I imply that it made sense!  When you can no longer sue mcdonlds for making you fat or for making hot coffee then that's when you'll be able to buy ammo at 18:-)
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:28:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Wow, I have founds ONE dealer that will ship me ammo, and is an arfcom industry partner to boot! Palmetto State Armory will be getting my business as soon as they get more stuff in stock .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top