Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2010 10:06:02 PM EDT
Let me be the first to say that I hate the current string of reality TV type programs.  I don't watch them, but I sat down with my wife tonight as she was watching "America's Got Talent" and was completely blown away.  This little girl named Jackie Evancho may very well be the most moving singer I have ever seen.  I can't even put words to it, it was incredible.  My wife had tears in her eyes and I understood why.  

I'll look for a link.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:14:15 PM EDT
[#1]
she was freaking amazing. I don't like singing, opera, or talent shows. With three strikes against her, she brought a tear to my eye.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:23:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Vocally it was good, but it just didn't seem to be sung with any emotion.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#4]
That is a multi millon dollar voice..........in a class by itself.She probably should not win but is the best there and they ought to give it to one of the others that could use the chance
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:00:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I see what you are saying, I guess I saw it as "poise" or her trying to maintain composure.

I think the performance side of things will come with time, but her voice/singing is next level.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:08:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Eh, I like that particular piece. I didn't really like the way she did it. Too fast, always stayed high. Obviously very good for such a young girl, but not moving.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:10:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I see what you are saying, I guess I saw it as "poise" or her trying to maintain composure.

I think the performance side of things will come with time, but her voice/singing is next level.  

If she can sing with the emotion of someone like Janice Joplin, her singing will inspire the world.  Of course Joplin was incredibly ugly and was made fun of for it so that emotion was easy to project for her.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:21:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top