Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2010 9:16:08 PM EDT
SEE LAST POST FOR UPDATE

The wife unit just sent me this, it made her cry. Stupid bitch killed the husband in the oncoming car and two of her own passengers. Hope she gets life imprisonment, chances are she wont though. Sad, very sad. I travel frequently by car and motorcycle up and down hwy20 and I-5. I dread the day some druggie, drunk driving fucktard makes my son fatherless and my wife a widow

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/102400319.html?tab=video

ETA: I salute the fallen husband. His selfless acted saved his wife and child, may he rest in peace.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:26:05 PM EDT
[#1]
The two cunts in the front seat are well known drug / dunks in the area, many run-in's with the local po-po.

The driver should be shot where she killed the husband, her head cut off, her body tossed into the gutter to rot and her head should be placed on a pike outside of the last place she was drinking.

Fuck drunk / drugged drivers.

Three killed, three injured in Friday night accident on North Whidbey
By JESSIE STENSLAND
Whidbey News Times Assistant editor
Today (Tuesday), 4:47 PM · UPDATED

Three people were killed and three others were injured in a head-on, drug-related accident on Highway 20 north of Oak Harbor Friday night, according to the Washington State Patrol.

In an unusual development, two Oak Harbor women — both the driver and the front seat passenger — were arrested on suspicion of vehicular homicide, according to Sgt. Jason Longoria with the State Patrol. The driver, 21-year-old Jordyn Weichert of Oak Harbor, is being held without bail in Island County jail after a judge found probable cause for three counts of vehicular homicide and two counts of vehicular assault.

“It’s the worst accident on Whidbey Island that I can remember,” said Island County Sheriff Mark Brown, who worked as a state trooper on the island, beginning in 1994, before becoming sheriff.

Two Oak Harbor men, 25-year-old Jacob Quistorf and 26-year-old Francis Malloy, were fatally injured in the accident. The driver of the other car, 33-year-old Brian Wood of North Vancouver, BC, was also killed in the crash.

The accident occurred on Highway 20 near the intersection of Monkey Hill Road at 8:52 p.m. Longoria said the scene was horrific. Weichert, Malloy and another passenger, 22-year-old Samatha Bowling of Oak Harbor, weren’t wearing seat belts, he said, and were ejected from the vehicle.

Weichert was driving a 1994 Chevrolet Blazer northbound on Highway 20. Bowling was in the front passenger seat. The two Oak Harbor men were in the backseat.

Longoria said that the accident occurred when Weichert was trying to put on her sweater and Bowling was holding the steering wheel for her. When the Blazer started drifting to the left, both women jerked the steering wheel to the right and then over-corrected again by steering back to the left, sending the Blazer across the centerline, Longoria reported.

The Blazer struck — and drove over the top of — an oncoming 2004 Subaru driven by Brian Wood. While he was killed, his wife, 31-year-old Erin Wood, was injured and transported by ambulance to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. She is 6 months pregnant; Longoria said it appears that both she and the baby will be fine, health-wise. A Harborview spokesperson said Tuesday that Wood has been discharged.

Bowling was seriously injured and was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center for treatment. She suffered a broken leg and possibly other injuries, the state patrol reported. She was listed in satisfactory condition Tuesday afternoon.

Weichert, who was arrested at the scene, was injured and transported to Whidbey General Hospital. She was later transferred to Skagit Valley Hospital for a mental health evaluation because of concerns about her possibly harming herself, but then released to law enforcement, according to the sheriff’s office.

Weichert made her preliminary appearance telephonically in Superior Court Sunday.

Longoria said Bowling was also arrested on suspicion of three counts of vehicular homicide because of her alleged role in the accident.

Yet Deputy Prosecutor David Carman said he’s in no hurry to make any charging decision about Bowling because of her injuries. He’s in the process of researching whether she can be charged with vehicular homicide, given that she was in the passenger seat. Under the statute, only a driver can be charged with vehicular homicide or vehicular assault, so he’ll have to figure out whether holding a steering wheel makes someone a driver.

While the state patrol concluded that the accident was drug-related, neither prosecutors nor state patrol officials would speculate about what types of drugs may have been involved.

Carman said he’s waiting for the results of a blood test to decide whether to charge Weichert with the “under the influence” prong of vehicular homicide, which is the most serious version of the offense. He said he’ll likely charge her Thursday.

Accident victim Francis Malloy, along with his brother Zane, made regional headlines four years ago when they saved a baby at the Oak Harbor Marina. The two young men were divers who worked at their family’s boat repair business. They leaped into action when a baby in a stroller rolled off a dock and into the cold water. They rescued the child before the stroller sank to the bottom.

http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/whidbey/wnt/news/102224414.html
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:30:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd say that holding the steering wheel most definitely makes you the driver.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:30:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:35:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:37:07 PM EDT
[#5]
This was the 3rd story on Canadian National news tonight.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:02:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:17:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:58:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Read about this on Kotaku.  Fitting that the man who took the hit to save his wife and unborn baby was renowned for a video game called Company of Heroes.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:33:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I find myself wishing I could somehow honor this man's sacrifice.

May he rest in peace and may those who slew him die in agony.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:35:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Burn 'em.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:38:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Read about this on Kotaku.  Fitting that the man who took the hit to save his wife and unborn baby was renowned for a video game called Company of Heroes.

This. And in before the doper apologists.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:43:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:45:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Hope both of the women who caused this rot in hell.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:55:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I feel bad for the mom.

I think he made the wrong move. If you have a head on impending, put it in the ditch. People don't do that because it goes against your instinct to stay on the road.

My wife had a similar incident. Idiot comming straight for her, in her lane. She drove off the road and was fine.

Wish the best for the mom. Hope at least the criminal had decent insurance.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:06:17 AM EDT
[#15]
So what drugs were they on?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:20:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:22:02 AM EDT
[#17]

Telephonically appear in court WTF!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:29:31 AM EDT
[#18]
So did the husband (of the expecting wife) swerve into the fucktards car on purpose?   Or was he traveling in a straight path (which invariably brought him on a collision course), unable to go anywhere else?  I failed to notice the heroic part, sorry.  

Very sad for him and his family though.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:29:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hope both of the women who caused this rot in hell.

i hope they get raped to death in the process
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:33:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So did the husband (of the expecting wife) swerve into the fucktards car on purpose?   Or was he traveling in a straight path (which invariably brought him on a collision course), unable to go anywhere else?  I failed to notice the heroic part, sorry.  

The written story is unclear.  I cannot watch the video.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:34:59 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

So did the husband (of the expecting wife) swerve into the fucktards car on purpose? Or was he traveling in a straight path (which invariably brought him on a collision course), unable to go anywhere else? I failed to notice the heroic part, sorry.

It appears that he turned his car so that the oncoming car t-boned him on his side.

Cars are meant to take head on impact better than side impact. It could be argued that he increased the risk by that manuver to both (3) occupants in his car.

I think this comes down to the opinion that it's better for the mother to believe her husband is a hero and his actions saved her and her baby. What harm is there in her believing that? It's better than the thought that he messed up and killed himself when he could have driven off the road (an admited presumption... there could have been a guard rail or some such, but it didn't look like it in the video).

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:40:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
So did the husband (of the expecting wife) swerve into the fucktards car on purpose? Or was he traveling in a straight path (which invariably brought him on a collision course), unable to go anywhere else? I failed to notice the heroic part, sorry.

It appears that he turned his car so that the oncoming car t-boned him on his side.

Cars are meant to take head on impact better than side impact. It could be argued that he increased the risk by that manuver to both (3) occupants in his car.

I think this comes down to the opinion that it's better for the mother to believe her husband is a hero and his actions saved her and her baby. What harm is there in her believing that? It's better than the thought that he messed up and killed himself when he could have driven off the road (an admited presumption... there could have been a guard rail or some such, but it didn't look like it in the video).

When I read "head on" collision I assumed they meant the front of two cars impacted, not a "t-bone" collision.      Then yes, if the husband swerved and put himself between the erratic driver and his wife, that is definitely heroic.  

But if he didn't do a thing then its not heroic.

Either way, its definitely tragic.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:53:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Driving intoxicated is a victimless crime.

Yep.  

This thread will be all about that shortly.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:18:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It was a split-second decission.  Could he have maneuvered the car in such a way as to save himself, and his wife? Who knows? He had an instant to decide the best course of action to save his pregnant wife's life; and he was successful. She lived.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:48:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Horrible scenes like that make me glad that I'm not a cop or paramedic.  

My best to the pregnant woman.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:17:18 AM EDT
[#26]
As a husband, that is a very hard video to watch. Not too proud to say the room got dusty when I thought of my wife in that position.

Prayers and thoughts for that lady, and may all responsible in the other vehicle burn in hell.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:33:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yes.  But killing three people is not, and the fuckers should swing.

(I'm not opposed to DUI laws, but I am opposed to check points and .05 BAC laws, and similar craziness)
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Wow, putting on a sweater while driving? What a bunch of dumb $h!ts.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:47:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So the GD tells us.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:53:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Wow. That's terrible.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:57:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the GD tells us.

It is.
Murder isn't.

I know, it's really hard to understand the difference.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:57:53 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

yeah no shit.  tell that to the families of the seven dead people i have known inmy life killed by them plus many more killed that my friends and family know.

If you don't get caught then great but if you get caught driving intoxicated you should get attempted manslaughter or something like that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:01:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah no shit.  tell that to the families of the seven dead people i have known inmy life killed by them plus many more killed that my friends and family know.

If you don't get caught then great but if you get caught driving intoxicated you should get attempted manslaughter or something like that.

Attempted manslaughter?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:05:52 PM EDT
[#35]
poor guy...

hope his kid lives a very long, and very healthy life - preferably locking up DUI's
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the GD tells us.

It is.
Murder isn't.

See how DUI/DWI laws helped here? I'm with the murder charges.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:11:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the GD tells us.

It is.
Murder isn't.

The more I read these attitudes, the more I would support a lowered BAC and more severe penalties for such if i ever had any input into that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:12:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I feel bad for the mom.

I think he made the wrong move. If you have a head on impending, put it in the ditch. People don't do that because it goes against your instinct to stay on the road.

My wife had a similar incident. Idiot comming straight for her, in her lane. She drove off the road and was fine.

That works.  Unless it doesn't.

My Dad did that once.  The ditch was six feet deep and full of trees.  He walked away with cracked ribs but his truck was totaled.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:13:37 PM EDT
[#39]
He was a man for trying to protect his legacy.

Dumb ass driver shouldn't be arrested and thrown in jail but under it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#40]
couple of zeros killed a few heros...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:14:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I feel bad for the mom.

That works.  Unless it doesn't.

My Dad did that once.  The ditch was six feet deep and full of trees.  He walked away with cracked ribs but his truck was totaled.

Big problem with going off roading are all the immovable structures/trees/innocents. You are right, sometimes it's the thing to do, and I've done it with the only ill effects being my truck needed an undercarriage wash. It can end badly though.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:15:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#43]
That's a kick in the pants for sure. I've already told my GF that should I eat it, she is to marry a brave man, and have brave children.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:41:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Where in that article does it say she was driving under the influence of drugs?  Not that I'm defending her.  She's still a piece of shit.  Though it sounds like the "Hold my steering wheel and watch while I remove my sweatshirt" may have played the pivotal role in the accident.

Weichert told a trooper that she had smoked marijuana about 11 hours before the crash.

Gee, I wonder if her personal rules were get high all you want at home but when driving, drugs are a no-go and wait to sober up till you drive?
ETA: guessing probably not

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This. And in before the doper apologists.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:06:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:30:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Wow. Of course the driver lives. What the fuck is with that???
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bama was being sarcastic.  Often happens with LEOs.  It's a way of coping with the stupidity of the situation.  .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top