Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2010 7:41:55 PM EDT
My grandma called me up tonight. She told me that she's never been a fan of guns (not anti-gun in a political sense, just she's never had personal interest), but that she is getting old and wants to learn to shoot. They are becoming increasingly worried about break ins and armed robbery.

My grandpa and I had this conversation about three months ago. My dad gave him a revolver and a few hundred rounds to practice with.

So goodie, when it cools off, I'm going to take them shooting. My grandpa wants to shoot my M1, so I'm probably going to bring a 22 pistol and the revolver for grandma to learn on, have grandpa practice more on the revolver, and then let grandpa shoot my AR15 and then M1.

I always start new people on the AR15 since there is no recoil, and thus no real chance of bruising from bad positions. It kicks enough that if the position is bad, you know it without getting hurt.

So yeah, I'm excited. I never thought the day would come where I could shoot with my grandparents.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top