Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2002 2:30:01 PM EDT
We had a nice little private shooting range with about 500 members.  About a year ago I noticed that someone had broken ground on a new development about 1/2 mile down range.  
It turns out that Home Depot built a big ass distribution center on the site.  Evidently their buildings have been hit a couple of times
by bullets going over our relatively tall berm.
The directors decided to close the range.
[>(]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 2:38:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Why do you not build baffles??

You can get all the supplies you need at...............HOME DEPOT!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 2:39:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#3]
One good thing about Iowa, we have a law that says if a range is already established, someone cannot move in next to it and complain!

later

IAJack
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 2:47:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I like Iowa! No whining.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Dont forget Iowa's other great laws. No NFA weapons, no silencers, no hunting deer with rifles... [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 4:05:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted: I would try to get Home Depot to pay for it - for their own safety.  You were there first.
View Quote

Man, what a great idea!  I'm going to have to bring that up at the next directors meeting that's coming up real soon.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 4:39:39 PM EDT
[#7]
luckly nobody was killed.(sic)
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 4:44:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 6:13:51 PM EDT
[#9]
We went to our county commisioners and got that sort of thing ironed out for our range.

We were here first and if you move next door or down range you got no business complaining. Gotta' love it.

Good luck things Dan.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry to hear you closed the range. One of the ranges I shoot at used to be in the boonies but now people live all around it. They built 3 sets of baffles. One set is about 15 yards out, second set is maybe 50 yards out, third set on top of the berm 100 yards out.

They are positioned in a way that forces you to shoot below them so your rounds can't go over the berm. Well they could when you are shooting in the prone position.

Anyway, these baffles are filled with pea gravel. If you are caught shooting at the baffles, you are fined $20 / hole.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top