Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2010 10:59:31 PM EDT
Does this work with rifle length gas? I believe it uses a carbine length extension, spring, and buffer, but is this compatible with a rifle length gas system?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:02:52 PM EDT
[#1]
yes
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:03:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Well.....that was quick.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:14:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well.....that was quick.

That's what she said.

Will I have to worry about decreased reliability with the carbine buffer?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:24:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well.....that was quick.

That's what she said.

I've heard it can cause some cycling issues. But I've never had an issue using a carbine extension (actually a RRA Entry Stock, so a bit shorter even) on a rifle gas system.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:27:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Well.....that was quick.

That's what she said.

I've heard it can cause some cycling issues. But I've never had an issue using a carbine extension (actually a RRA Entry Stock, so a bit shorter even) on a rifle gas system.

I guess I'll just have to play with it until it works right then.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:30:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Well.....that was quick.

That's what she said.

THen see what she says..

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:51:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Well.....that was quick.

That's what she said.

THen see what she says..

Isolated incident, I promise.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:16:20 AM EDT
[#8]
You'll be fine. Worst case scenario you'll have to buy a 30$ buffer.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:28:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Does this work with rifle length gas? I believe it uses a carbine length extension, spring, and buffer, but is this compatible with a rifle length gas system?

Rifle length extension, carbine spring and buffer. The stock screws to the extension the same as an A1/A2 stock. At least my preproduction one does.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:43:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rifle length extension, carbine spring and buffer. The stock screws to the extension the same as an A1/A2 stock. At least my preproduction one does.

I've been using a M4 stock on my 24" HBAR with rifle length gas system. It works fine.

I switched it to the UBR. The extension tube is an entry-length tube, but uses the carbine buffer and spring. I don't see why the UBR wouldn not work with a rifle length system. It is also very hefty, about 1.5 lb, and solid as a rock.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:48:58 AM EDT
[#11]
best stock ever.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:18:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
best stock ever.

yes also heavy has shit
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:21:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
best stock ever.

yes also heavy has shit

Heavy is good. Heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work you can always hit him with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top