Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/6/2010 3:21:27 PM EDT
My job is currently going to be "federalized" and the government is going to hire some new people at really low rates and give us contractors the boot. I have been in the Government contractor business for over 10 years now and work in the intelligence field. Prior to that I was in the Army doing about the same thing.

Well I am tired of being a contractor, contractors work contracts and every time they come up for rebidding it is very stressful, and now I will probably be unemployed.

So I am thinking of doing something else, what? I don't know so far just in the thinking stages. I am about 2 years away from my Bachelors in Business Adm, also I am 36 if that matters.

So give me some ideas of what I could switch too, go to get certified in, or maybe you switched careers and have a story...

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:56:59 PM EDT
As I'm also in the beginning stages of a career change and am the same age, I'm tagging this for interest.

My background is very different, but maybe this will give me food for thought.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:03:40 PM EDT
Popo.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:15:40 PM EDT
"Intel field" is vague.

If you worked with technology, consider IT. Lots of great companies, always in demand, and you don't need a ton of experience to get your foot in the door.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:17:23 PM EDT
CIA, DIA, NSA
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:24:09 PM EDT
Repo's a growth field.
Top Top