Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2010 3:21:27 PM EDT
My job is currently going to be "federalized" and the government is going to hire some new people at really low rates and give us contractors the boot.  I have been in the Government contractor business for over 10 years now and work in the intelligence field.  Prior to that I was in the Army doing about the same thing.

Well I am tired of being a contractor, contractors work contracts and every time they come up for rebidding it is very stressful, and now I will probably be unemployed.  

So I am thinking of doing something else, what? I don't know so far just in the thinking stages.  I am about 2 years away from my Bachelors in Business Adm, also I am 36 if that matters.

So give me some ideas of what I could switch too, go to get certified in, or maybe you switched careers and have a story...

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:56:59 PM EDT
[#1]
As I'm also in the beginning stages of a career change and am the same age, I'm tagging this for interest.

My background is very different, but maybe this will give me food for thought.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Popo.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#3]
"Intel field" is vague.

If you worked with technology, consider IT.  Lots of great companies, always in demand, and you don't need a ton of experience to get your foot in the door.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#4]
CIA, DIA, NSA
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Repo's a growth field.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top