Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#1]
No answer to my question on one, maybe on two?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:28:18 PM EDT
[#2]
More empty then full sadly.

Closest strip mall is running about 75% vacancy not counting the anchors.

Starting to see a TON of "for sale" signs in the very, very wealthy part of town. Two people that I know with a combined wealth of pushing the $1B mark are both flat broke, one is liquidating, the other is getting close.

This tax season is gonna be a killer for sure.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:46:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Everything is going according to the plan.  Countless small businesses, cottage industries, even small companies owned by a few partners are just too much trouble for the governments to control and bleed.  If they are eliminated and all services, business, and industry are done by large corporations then governments have a lot fewer entities to deal with when they need to control and bleed.  Big corporations are happy to ban firearms, require lie detector tests, drug test everyone, and invade privacy in all kinds of ways in the name of security and they don't have that pesky old Constitution in their way like the governments do.  See how it all works out?

Go to any small town that has a Walmart and see all the businesses that died when that Walmart came in.  Many of those businesses were not paying proper homage to the federal government and just doing things the way they thought best.  Now the feds have much more control over significant retail commerce in those little towns without even having to send anyone there.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It's a little place called Whore Island.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:51:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the ghetto area where I live there has been very little of this.  Obama's voters aren't being hit by the bad economy.

But when I visit more upscale areas like Howard and Frederick and Baltimore Counties I really see it.  

That is because welfare / other entitlement checks haven't been hit yet.

Shit, that's the only growth industry going.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:29:51 PM EDT
[#6]

....and you know what happened to Mussolini.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:33:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Resident, you?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

But I heard on the news that this is the summer of recovery.

It is, which is why Zero "needs" an extra $50 Billion more.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:23:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

....and you know what happened to Mussolini.

My grandfather got to poke at his swinging corpse

said it was pretty fucked up by the time he saw it

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:38:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I noticed today that two business that shared a building at the end of my street are gone .
One was a locksmith who's biz is mostly mobile , so it was no surprise that they closed
the storefront , but the other was a liquor store that's been there for as long as I can remember .

Another change I've noticed in the past two months is the drastic increase of " For Sale " signs
on single family homes in this neighborhood . On one street , 12 out of 15 homes are for sale .
I went online to see what they were going for . Every one of them is still over valued by at least
50% so I don't see them moving any time soon . Almost makes me happy that I signed over
my last house to the Ex wife in the divorce . Since I know damn well that I couldn't sell it today for what
it cost me to build it 10 years ago

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's because one stop shopping is so much easier.  

I try to counter it by going to the little guy as much as possible.
There ain't no more little guys in my "'burg." Everything is now "big box this, big box that." My 'burg used to have 3 mom & pop hardware stores, now it is down to zero.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I noticed today that two business that shared a building at the end of my street are gone .
One was a locksmith who's biz is mostly mobile , so it was no surprise that they closed
the storefront , but the other was a liquor store that's been there for as long as I can remember .

Another change I've noticed in the past two months is the drastic increase of " For Sale " signs
on single family homes in this neighborhood . On one street , 12 out of 15 homes are for sale .
I went online to see what they were going for . Every one of them is still over valued by at least
50% so I don't see them moving any time soon . Almost makes me happy that I signed over
my last house to the Ex wife in the divorce . Since I know damn well that I couldn't sell it today for what
it cost me to build it 10 years ago

When a liquor store goes out of business, you know the economy is fucked.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I know what you mean OP. Here in suburban Detroit, most of the "fun" places you went to 2 years ago are out of business now, and half of your old employers are gone too. It's getting to the point that even places that sell somewhat essential goods are closing up. Strip malls are 40% or more vacant in areas that had heavy consumer traffic-nothing is moving, nothing is selling.

But the bars are doing a bang up business on weekday nights with all of the Obama dollars the unemployed are getting,..... I work afternoons and the bars I pass that were dead at 11:15PM are packed any day of the week now.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:14:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
In the ghetto area where I live there has been very little of this.  Obama's voters aren't being hit by the bad economy.

But when I visit more upscale areas like Howard and Frederick and Baltimore Counties I really see it.  

Reguardless of welfare checks, black and even mexican voters are not displeased with obama, it amazes me how many of my latino and black friends of my age, all hard working none of them collecting, love obama right now, its beond me.
proving to the majority of these people that obama is realy a bunch of shit has not been a easy train for me, and trust me im trying
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:15:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I know what you mean OP. Here in suburban Detroit, most of the "fun" places you went to 2 years ago are out of business now, and half of your old employers are gone too. It's getting to the point that even places that sell somewhat essential goods are closing up. Strip malls are 40% or more vacant in areas that had heavy consumer traffic-nothing is moving, nothing is selling.

But the bars are doing a bang up business on weekday nights with all of the Obama dollars the unemployed are getting,..... I work afternoons and the bars I pass that were dead at 11:15PM are packed any day of the week now.[img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_thinking.gif[/img]

considering what happened during prohibition and during a depression at the same time, that does not supprise me.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:18:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Resident, you?

Lakehood  
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Lakehood  

My condolences.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top