Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Houses under $200k move relatively fast and the value has held firm. Those priced $200-$300 are a bit slower, but still not to bad. $300-$500k you can pick up some value, these units are seeing some price discount and are moving slow. $500k+ is were we are seeing bigger percentage discounts, and this price point moves very slow.

Most lenders want a min of 720 credit score and 20% down with good IRS verified income (they pull your income tax records for the IRS now). This is much different than a few years ago when a credit score of 600 with little to no money down with a "stated" income could get you financed. As a result higher priced homes are hit the hardest.

Our little metro area has been somewhat spared by this last economic downturn.   We have the government moving 30,000 people to Fort Benning, Kia just opened a new plant and added 5000 new jobs, plus new suppliers for that plant, NCR just moved 1000 jobs here, and most everything else has held firm....so not so bad.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:32:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Some up, some down.  Probably about the same on average.

Still building in attractive areas.

My neighborhood has had 5 houses built in the last 12 months.

Commerical construction is definately down some.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Houses under $200k move relatively fast and the value has held firm. Those priced $200-$300 are a bit slower, but still not to bad. $300-$500k you can pick up some value, these units are seeing some price discount and are moving slow. $500k+ is were we are seeing bigger percentage discounts, and this price point moves very slow.

Most lenders want a min of 720 credit score and 20% down with good IRS verified income (they pull your income tax records for the IRS now). This is much different than a few years ago when a credit score of 600 with little to no money down with a "stated" income could get you financed. As a result higher priced homes are hit the hardest.

Our little metro area has been somewhat spared by this last economic downturn. We have the government moving 30,000 people to Fort Benning, Kia just opened a new plant and added 5000 new jobs, plus new suppliers for that plant, NCR just moved 1000 jobs here, and most everything else has held firm....so not so bad.

Best thing to happen to the industry in a while.  It will prevent a 2nd bubble.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Prices are still going up.Got a note from BOA that my house payment is going up $100 a month to pay for the increase in taxes due to increase in the worth of the house.They are still building half million dollar houses and people still buying them.Dont know how they can afford them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:34:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Spoke to my former agent, she stated last figures she saw for my area in Pennsylvania show prices are down about 8% since 2005.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:52:14 AM EDT
[#6]
They are building new houses all over N. San Antonio

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:12:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Down in Florida.

Prolly stay down in Fla.

I moved into a brand new 2009 $400K "Parade of Homes" home for <240K last week.  All my neighbors are paying their sales price, lost their asses...
I actually pay what the home is "worth".  If the market ever returnes, I'll earn a killing!!

Shop around.  You might be supprised at what you find.  I was...
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:17:51 AM EDT
[#8]
down

We had a shit ton of layoffs so the 200k to 300k range is flooded.  

There is at least 6 houses for sale on my street.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I am under water by 15%.

Still going to keep making payments.  Still going to live here.  If it goes up in value, great.  If it keeps dropping, its will be paid off in 28 years.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:32:52 AM EDT
[#10]
slightly down but we never had the crazy upward spike that other parts of the country did
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:08:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

slightly down but we never had the crazy upward spike that other parts of the country did

Most places didn't.  This is a classic example of 20% causing 80% of the problem.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:45:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ya know that whistling noise Wile E. Coyote makes when he falls into the Canyon?

Put a house on the market around here, and that is all you will hear.

Our old house sold for 120K 4 years ago, and we dumped it quick.

It went back on the market last spring at 80K and sits there.

1.5-4 Mil. range houses with lake/Bluff frontage are now in the 800K range.
The second/ summer home market is a joke.

S-28

People are realizing they never did have the money for a big second/summer home.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#13]
never dropped here, but never shot thru the roof in the past.

Some kind of weird logic going on...
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:52:48 PM EDT
[#14]
College town.  We didn't have the huge run-up other markets did.  Values are down a bit but not dramatically.  Sales are slow however.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top