BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/6/2010 5:26:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:29:19 AM EDT
[#1]
well then i guess you shouldn't have pics like that on yoru cell phone huh?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:34:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Da, comrade!

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:34:52 AM EDT
[#3]

She can have them back , no problem
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:36:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Im pretty sure that her photos arent very popular in the squad room.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:37:05 AM EDT
[#5]
The audacity of some people, actually putting personal items, on their personal property!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:38:00 AM EDT
[#6]
And we're off?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:38:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:40:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Im pretty sure that her photos arent very popular in the squad room.

Right.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:42:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The audacity of some people, actually putting personal items, on their personal property!!!

Comrade must be punished!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:54:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Indeed.  Warrant for messages doesn't include photos, or does it?

OK - they did it all correctly, but in all honesty - they are being assholes.

Isolated incident I am sure
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:55:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Confucius say, "If you don't want people to know about it, don't do it."

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:59:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:59:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:06:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed.  Warrant for messages doesn't include photos, or does it?

OK - they did it all correctly, but in all honesty - they are being assholes.

Isolated incident I am sure

How else would you legally search all the test messages on a phone?

Consent or warrant. Considering the PD likely doesn't have a computer forensic on duty 24/7, it may take some time to look at the information. Since you would be holding the property for days, the inability to revoke consent is in jeopardy.

The warrant will be for data on the phone. The pictures are data and she may have more than just her nude size 3 doctor altered body on there.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:07:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This woman was in my office not 2 weeks ago.  No kidding.  The guy I rent from represents her.  She walked over after being let out of jail for something.  

"Rode hard and put away wet" is about the most charitable way I can describe her appearance.

Even a rode hard and put away wet pony, has one more ride in her!!................LOL
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:16:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Chances are really low that her photos will show up on 4CHan unless she is with an animal.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:17:20 AM EDT
[#17]
She was a stripper...and is worried about people seeing her nekkid???
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:19:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Probably just angry she isn't getting paid per view.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:20:33 AM EDT
[#19]
so , let me get this straight, a stripper, and mgr of a "club" is worried about people seeing naked pic of her
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:21:52 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Polaski said she was handcuffed and claims one officer "asked me if my boobs were fake or real."

Polaski said she "is a size 3 with fake boobs," but found it inappropriate to be questioned about her figure by the police.

Ok, this part cracked me up. I can just picture the interviewer after the first line. "Uh... so are they fake?" "Why sure, sugarplum, I'm a size 3 with fake boobs, but that's nobody's business but mine."

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:23:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Are they looking for texts or doing what they can legally do to be dicks?

Here's how you check for texts without being a dick:

1. Check phone for texts.  
- If you find what you're looking for, copy phone's contents to a hard drive.  Give phone back.
- If you don't find what you're looking for, but think it has been deleted, then get a warrant to get the records from the phone company.
- If you don't find what you're looking for, and think it wasn't there to start with, then give the rough looking lady her phone back.

Here's how you check for texts while being a dick:

1. Take phone, keep for months.  Make jokes to rough looking lady about naked pictures just to be more of a dick.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:24:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Do something stupid and suffer the consequences! Sucks to be you lady!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:25:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
so , let me get this straight, a stripper, and mgr of a "club" is worried about people seeing naked pic of her

Just because Jerry Rice made a lot of money catching footballs doesn't mean he wants you throwing footballs at him.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:26:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What has she done that the police should be punishing her for?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:28:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I don't think that's the point. It's about personal control. If she chooses to be a stripper that's her choice, but if cops sit around and yuk it up over her nude photos, that's not her choice. It's insulting, just like the "rode hard and put up wet" comments. She has to comply with the investigation but that doesn't mean she has to listen to cops critiquing her body/worth.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:28:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Former stripper with naked pictures on her phone, but doesn't want her nude body seen by too many people.

I guess I'm just getting old and stupid.

Do you have more pictures Bama?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:28:40 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And it's not the cop's job to be doing so.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:29:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:30:19 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Stripper with naked pictures on her phone, but doesn't want her nude body seen by too many people.

Nobody said old.

Her body, her phone, her pics. What part of "not theirs" is so hard to understand?

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:30:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

She was walking down the street.  Good Americans are incapable of walking.  Everybody knows that. Therefore, probable cause.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:32:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Stripper with naked pictures on her phone, but doesn't want her nude body seen by too many people.

Nobody said old.

Her body, her phone, her pics. What part of "not theirs" is so hard to understand?

I'm somewhat surprised that she gives a sh**.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:33:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Romeoville Deputy Police Chief Mark Turvey said the photos were taken as part of an investigation of a car that was keyed last month. He said the car's owner claims Polaski made text threats after the vehicle was vandalized.

The phone was seized as evidence.

Turvey said none of his officers looked at Polaski's pictures. He said if officers placed her photos on the Internet, they would face criminal charges.

"She's a suspect in a criminal damage to property investigation and the officer had reason to believe she had text messages on her phone related to the damage and some threats she had made," Turvey said.

After seizing the cell phone, officers secured a search warrant and only then began checking for messages, Turvey said.

Sounds like they had a good reason for seizing the phone. I see no problem here.

Polaski said she was handcuffed and claims one officer "asked me if my boobs were fake or real."

Polaski said she "is a size 3 with fake boobs," but found it inappropriate to be questioned about her figure by the police.

The officers confiscated her cell phone, she said, and then took her to the police station where she was questioned for about two hours. While at the station, Polaski said she heard some cops in a hallway laughing it up about her "fully nude" photos.

She later said she wanted to file a complaint for sexual harassment but the police refused to take a report.

It also sounds like this woman is a self-absorbed attention whore(imagine that). She's probably making all this shit up, and she's probably a "guest" at the station fairly frequently.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:36:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Romeoville Deputy Police Chief Mark Turvey said the photos were taken as part of an investigation of a car that was keyed last month. He said the car's owner claims Polaski made text threats after the vehicle was vandalized.

Turvey said none of his officers looked at Polaski's pictures. He said if officers placed her photos on the Internet, they would face criminal charges.

"She's a suspect in a criminal damage to property investigation and the officer had reason to believe she had text messages on her phone related to the damage and some threats she had made," Turvey said.

After seizing the cell phone, officers secured a search warrant and only then began checking for messages, Turvey said.

Sounds like they had a good reason for seizing the phone. I see no problem here.

The officers confiscated her cell phone, she said, and then took her to the police station where she was questioned for about two hours. While at the station, Polaski said she heard some cops in a hallway laughing it up about her "fully nude" photos.

She later said she wanted to file a complaint for sexual harassment but the police refused to take a report.

It also sounds like this woman is a self-absorbed attention whore(imagine that). She's probably making all this shit up, and she's probably a "guest" at the station fairly frequently.

Or, she wants to divert attention from the fact that she might have keyed the guy's car she made threats to?

Wait, upon further review........you just said that!!

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:37:57 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Are they looking for texts or doing what they can legally do to be dicks?

Here's how you check for texts without being a dick:

1. Check phone for texts.  

- If you find what you're looking for, copy phone's contents to a hard drive.  Give phone back.

- If you don't find what you're looking for, but think it has been deleted, then get a warrant to get the records from the phone company.

- If you don't find what you're looking for, and think it wasn't there to start with, then give the rough looking lady her phone back.

Here's how you check for texts while being a dick:

1. Take phone, keep for months.  Make jokes to rough looking lady about naked pictures just to be more of a dick.

...and then the case gets thrown out of court because you violated chain of custody.  Any defense attorney with a week of experience could tear apart a street cop on technical details.  That's why forensics technicians get to do the forensics.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:40:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or, she wants to divert attention from the fact that she might have keyed the guy's car she made threats to?

Possibly. Maybe she has some kind of "master plan" to make them give the phone back so she can delete all the evidence. I say "Good luck with that."
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:40:30 AM EDT
[#36]
The crime lab should have a set amount of time to complete their investigation then return the property.  Holding a $400 cell phone for a few months of someone presumed innocent until proven guilty ought to be a show stopper.  Honestly?  How long does it take to check and/or download text messages?  10 minutes?  You open the phone, you find the name of the person they think she was harassing, and you see what messages were sent.  You take a picture of the phone, you provide a transcript of the texts, and you give her the phone back.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:40:46 AM EDT
[#37]
sav carguy -

I mean, it's worth a try.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:41:27 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nobody said old.

True enough, but it's not their decision to make, it's hers.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:42:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody said old.

Yeah, yeah..........there you go being correct!!

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:43:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I am comfortable in saying that I would not, in general, trust the judgment of police officers when it comes to their having access to nudie pictures they are not supposed to be looking at or e-mailing, posting on the net etc even photos of a middle aged nasty looking stripper.

It is called an integrity check. Fired for violating it, plain and simple.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:44:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think that's the point. It's about personal control. If she chooses to be a stripper that's her choice, but if cops sit around and yuk it up over her nude photos, that's not her choice. It's insulting, just like the "rode hard and put up wet" comments. She has to comply with the investigation but that doesn't mean she has to listen to cops critiquing her body/worth.

I agree, but there is no evidence that the cops misused the photos thus far.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:48:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The crime lab should have a set amount of time to complete their investigation then return the property.  Holding a $400 cell phone for a few months of someone presumed innocent until proven guilty ought to be a show stopper.  Honestly?  How long does it take to check and/or download text messages?  10 minutes?  You open the phone, you find the name of the person they think she was harassing, and you see what messages were sent.  You take a picture of the phone, you provide a transcript of the texts, and you give her the phone back.

Its really not that different than when certain cops catch a speeder, then take additional time to complete the stop and hand over the ticket just to show their authoritay.  Google:  Ryan Moats.

The cops know what is on the phone.  Who would like to bet their pension/401k on whether officers not involved in this case have viewed the pictures?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:49:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:50:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:52:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Da, comrade!

She's a stripper, naked pics are like business cards.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:53:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody said old.

You're right. IF any officers have done anything inappropriate, like sharing the pics or copying them for later use, then they are wrong and should be punished.

However, we're talking about a fairly unbelievable story coming from a washed-up stripper who is probably a frequent flyer at that police station.
It is pretty likely that none of her allegations are based in reality, and none of the officers have done anything inappropriate.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:55:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

She can have them back , no problem

Agreed  

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:56:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, but there is no evidence that the cops misused the photos thus far.

If they made comments in earshot about her photos, they misused them. While running across pics like that might be startling initially, there is no need to acknowledge them when that is not what you are looking for. Tact is an asset in LE and professionalism demands it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:58:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Houston cop did it a few years ago after a DWI arrest.  IIRC: the chick was on the news and looked pretty good

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/3101557.html
It began as the fairly routine arrest of a drunken-driving suspect on a Houston street.

It quickly evolved into a maze of questions as investigators checked out reports that a Houston police officer had found nude photos of the driver stored in her cellular phone, downloaded them and later showed them around the courthouse.

Patrolman Christopher Green has been reassigned to desk duty pending the outcome of an internal investigation. His partner, George Miller, also has been reassigned while the department looks into reports that he called the DWI suspect's home to ask her out.

"We're sort of waiting to see what's going to happen," said Houston Police Officers' Union attorney Aaron Suder, who represents the officers.

Complicating matters is the fact that the 25-year-old woman, a native of China who is here on a student visa, speaks little English, her attorney says.

Suder and Police Department officials would not discuss details of the investigation Thursday. Suder also said the officers would not comment.

However, according to a search warrant request by the Harris County District Attorney's Office, the two officers assisted when the woman was arrested Nov. 24 on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.

Phone taken during search

During the arrest, they discovered that the woman had stored sexually explicit photos of herself in her cell phone, and Green downloaded the images onto his personal digital assistant, according to the search request.

The district attorney's office sought the warrant after being contacted by attorney Ned Gill, who is defending the woman against the DWI charge.

The warrant was granted in February, and an investigator confiscated Green's PDA during a search of his home.

Gill said he has no idea why his client, a Houston Community College student, had nude photos of herself on her cell phone.

He said he also doesn't know why the officers examined the phone.

Two weeks after the arrest, he added, the woman received a phone message from Miller, inviting her to join him at a restaurant.

Gill said he gave the district attorney's investigator a copy of the tape, dated Dec. 9.

According to court records, Miller acknowledged making the phone call, but said he was merely attempting to help the woman get an attorney.

Deputy says he saw photos

Court records do not indicate whether the PDA that was found in Green's home contained the nude photographs.

However, the search warrant request states that Deputy Sheriff Toby Devine told the investigator that Green showed him the photos on a day in January when the woman had a court hearing.

Devine works as a bailiff in that court.

Assistant District Attorney Celeste Carter told the investigator that Green also showed the pictures to her, according to the document.

Assistant District Attorney Edward Porter, who has been reviewing the evidence for possible criminal violations, refused to comment.

HPOU attorney Suder said he doubts the officers will face criminal charges, but he's not sure about possible disciplinary action.

"I suspect the department will do something in the next couple of months," Suder said.

[img style=T=19ain30ti%2fX%3d1283784903%2fE%3d2022776582%2fR%3dncnwssr%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d8.1%2fW%3d0%2fY%3dPARTNER_US%2fF%3d705412545%2fH%3dYWx0c3BpZD0iOTY3MjgzMTc5IiBzZXJ2ZUlkPSJiYWMwNTMwYy1iOWM2LTExZGYtYTJiNi1kZmE1OTI2MDU0ZGQiIHNpdGVJZD0iNzYxMDUxIiB0U3RtcD0iMTI4Mzc4NDkwMzIyMjY4MiIgdGFyZ2V0PSJfdG9wIiA-%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d20558862&U=1296cv0q2%2fN%3d7XrsHdFJo9E-%2fC%3d-1%2fD%3dAP173%2fB%3d-1%2fV%3d5[/img]

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:06:50 AM EDT
[#50]
From another article:

Polaski, who describes herself as a "very right-wing, conservative Republican," said she returned to the police station hours after she was released and tried to file a report for the theft of her phone and for sexual harassment allegedly suffered at the hands of the officers. She said the police would take neither report and refused to return her phone.

A week later, still without the phone or the sensitive photographs stored on them, Polaski says she remains determined to correct her situation.

On my phone (DROID) you can check the text messages w/o going to the gallery or check the pics without going to the text messages.  I'm sure her iPhone is the same way.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top