Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2010 12:00:40 AM EDT
Where's the best place to get ammo cans online?  

(Best = Lowest price, Lowest shipping, good condition cans, reputable seller, etc...)

I've checked out a few sites but several seem kinda shady and the rest charge way too much for shipping.

I'm looking for .50 and .30 cal cans, probably 3 to 5 of each. I'd like to not pay $10 a can on shipping if possible.

They don't have to be new, but I don't want shitty ones that are rusted out and bent up.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:14:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Where R U in TX?  If you R in Houston, teh Command Post has the best in-store deals.  Dallas and San Antonio mil-surplus stores also have great deals but watch out for those with online stores.  They'll quote you a much higher in-store price and they won't honor the online pricing at all.

In Houston, I can get 30Cal for $7ea, 50Cal for $12, Fat 50 for $15, 40mm for $15 (or $17?), and 20mm for $18ea (or $20?) at the Command Post.  They have 8 stores, so call the one you're visiting first to see what they have and the price.  The one I go to is on the SW corner of Beltway 8 just east of Hwy59.  These prices are as of late Spring2010.

Also, since you're in TEXAS, go to the gun show.  I know there's a decent deal once in a while.

Online, you'll pay a fortune for packaging and shipping.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:18:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Where R U in TX?  If you R in Houston, teh Command Post has the best in-store deals.  Dallas and San Antonio mil-surplus stores also have great deals but watch out for those with online stores.  They'll quote you a much higher in-store price and they won't honor the online pricing at all.

In Houston, I can get 30Cal for $7ea, 50Cal for $12, Fat 50 for $15, 40mm for $15 (or $17?), and 20mm for $18ea (or $20?) at the Command Post.  They have 8 stores, so call the one you're visiting first to see what they have and the price.  The one I go to is on the SW corner of Beltway 8 just east of Hwy59.  These prices are as of late Spring2010.

Also, since you're in TEXAS, go to the gun show.  I know there's a decent deal once in a while.

Online, you'll pay a fortune for packaging and shipping.

I'm in Austin... Haven't been to the gunshow since saxet was moved to San Antonio.

Thanks for the heads up.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:36:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Ahhh...Austin.  For some reason, I can't find a whole lot of gunshow activity there.  You're right - they moved to San Anton.  Well, I know DFW has some great shows.  Houston's show at Reliant is the only one I go to now...parking is $8 though, but its a very short walk and the show is bigger IMHO than the George R Brown one.  The GRB show is nice too, but parking is more, and its a helluva long dumb (hot!) walk to/from the parking.  I got a 50cal can in almost brand new condition with a new looking rubber seal for $10 at the Reliant show back in May.  Its back at Reliant this Sept 18-19 and I plan to be there.

Good luck!  Ask around in the Texas sub-forum to see if anyone knows a place nearby you.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:48:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Awesome prices at the link! MREs at 45 bucks a case.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:52:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Armygear.net is who I bought my last batch from. Got 20 of them for about $8 each, including shipping. Haven't seen a spot of rust on any of them.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:19:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I just ordered a 40mm one yesterday as part of a bigger order.
midwayusa

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Good to kow ya'll are getting them online at "decent" prices for shipping.  I was in Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin a month ago and had a hard time finding decently priced cans at the army-navy mil-suprlus stores - in other words, online with shipping was still the better deal.

But the OP and I are in TX, and its been my experience so far that nearly all the guns shows (and some army surplus stores) here have great deals on them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:29:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just ordered a 40mm one yesterday as part of a bigger order.
midwayusa

Update: I got my 40mm can today and it was in great shape.  A few scratches and a little outside surface rust, but the inside is pristine.  By the condition of the rubber seal, I doubt it was ever used.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:25:24 AM EDT
[#10]
if any of y'all are ever traveling through western Colorado, there is a place in Lamar that has the .50 cal cans for 5 bucks and the big 20mm cans for 8 bucks.

I make sure to pick up a few every time I drive through.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top