Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2010 6:41:33 PM EDT
searched and didn't find a dup. I have no words. What is the country coming to?

Colorado high school student wants an explanation from school officials after reportedly being told by security guards to remove American flags from his truck because they might make other students uncomfortable.

Jeremy Stoppel told Denver's KMGH-TV hhttp://www.ar15.com/forums/manageTopic.html?b=1&f=5#e received a ticket at Northglenn High School last Thursday for squealing his tires and subsequently had his parking lot pass suspended for two weeks. But he also was told by a campus security guard to remove two U.S. flags –– each 3-by-5 feet –– from the bed of his pickup truck.

"She said I should take my flags down. She said this is a school that focuses on diversity and she doesn't want anyone to feel uncomfortable," Stoppel told KMGH-TV. "How do you suppose anyone would feel uncomfortable in America with an American flag? That's where I'm confused."

linky

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been waiting for years now to cross paths with the Divershitty Police

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like it was some dumbass...
Priniciple seems to have stepped in and did the right thing...
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe half of the student's story. The other half sounds concocted to deflect the truth of the first half.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Colorado high school student wants an explanation from school officials after reportedly being told by security guards to remove American flags from his truck because they might make other students uncomfortable.

Jeremy Stoppel told Denver's KMGH-TV hhttp://www.ar15.com/forums/manageTopic.html?b=1&f=5#e received a ticket at Northglenn High School last Thursday for squealing his tires and subsequently had his parking lot pass suspended for two weeks. But he also was told by a campus security guard to remove two U.S. flags –– each 3-by-5 feet –– from the bed of his pickup truck.

"She said I should take my flags down. She said this is a school that focuses on diversity and she doesn't want anyone to feel uncomfortable," Stoppel told KMGH-TV. "How do you suppose anyone would feel uncomfortable in America with an American flag? That's where I'm confused."

linky

SIIHPAPP

Oh, legally get her on tape saying that. Please? For arfcom?

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Northglenn Principal Lindimore  -  "We have 'em in the hallways upstairs. So we promote flying of American flags."

One asshole rent-a-cop making the school look bad... Well, "worse."  Northglenn has problems
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:50:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not understanding how a truck bed can display 2 3x5' flags

ETA:video at link
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:51:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Was the security guard's name Abid Massu Mohammed by any chance?? Just thinking out loud.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:51:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:52:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Remember before 9/11 when this was the case?  Where flying the flag was considered a political statement and after 9/11 everyone libtards and conservatives came together with flying old glory?  We had a few good years of resurgence.  

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm not understanding how a truck bed can display 2 3x5' flags

Link to original story

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh, that pesky first amendment thing again...it's got to be stopped.  

I'd just tell them to go pound sand up their asses or prepare to be sued on First Amendment grounds, and go about my business.

Nobody will EVER make me stop flying any US flag I choose to fly!

CJ

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:04:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Color me shocked.

One of the reasons I no longer live in the Front Range of CO.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:07:01 PM EDT
[#13]
What do you expect from a state that is increasingly filled with anti-American liberals.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:23:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Looks like it was some dumbass...
Priniciple seems to have stepped in and did the right thing...

Really?
Not sure if serious.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:41:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like  the body of the article reads "should" remove flags, whereas the title of this thread reads "Told to".

A small, but significant, difference. I'm not getting fired up over some dumbass security guard and an equally dumbass student.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#16]
tag
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:51:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I hope the courts lay the smack down on these people individually instead of making the "system" pay. The USSC has already rules about the 1A in schools.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:01:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Buried in their fucked up website .....

[email protected]   Principal

<h5>720.972.4600               720.972.4600      </h5>

... but wait ... you can click in their website to translate it to Spanish!  

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:06:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Northglenn is a crap-hole anyways.

Glad my wife and I lived in a few places in that area which weren't Northglenn.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:11:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Confirmed.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:17:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Betcha If they were mexican flags this wouldn't have happened. What the fuck is this country coming to where american flags are offensive?  The part that sucks is that nothing will ever be done about this, it will only get worse. FUCK!
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Was the security guard's name Abid Massu Mohammed by any chance?? Just thinking out loud.
No, it was Jose Jesus Caberra-Pineda. Fucking Mexican Racist!

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:25:19 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd tell them to fuck off! Then put up 3 more flags.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:42:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Confirmed.

lol, I remember smacking them in the playoffs...good times
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:49:22 PM EDT
[#25]
This nation's founding father's are rolling over in their graves right now.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:18:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Looks like  the body of the article reads "should" remove flags, whereas the title of this thread reads "Told to".

A small, but significant, difference. I'm not getting fired up over some dumbass security guard and an equally dumbass student.

Not familiar with how public schools handle things, huh?  "Should" turns into suspension and expulsion, champ.  Pay attention.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:26:04 PM EDT
[#27]
I certainly support the First Amendment rights of people to display whatever they want.

However, in my experience, the people that drive around in big  trucks with flags in the bed are full blown retards.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:35:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Northglenn The entire Denver Metro area is a crap-hole anyways.

Fixed it for you.   To quote a wiseman....

"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and libtards. We must be cautious."

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:42:30 PM EDT
[#29]
I want to be on record as saying: fuck this shit.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:42:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Someone should make a flag that has written in... Urdu "Some liberal will approve of this, not knowing what it says, because they think by accepting it, they will appease someone."
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:49:10 PM EDT
[#31]

It is my opinion that flying a U.S. flag on a vehicle is bad form.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:58:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not familiar with how public schools handle things, huh?  "Should" turns into suspension and expulsion, champ.  Pay attention.

He wasn't suspended, "champ". Even after he peeled out in the parking lot.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:32:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Only American Idiots @ Arfcom would support the schools argument, you truly are sell outs

This is America, if our flag offends anyone GTFO, take your supporters w/ you!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:39:39 AM EDT
[#34]
For diversity sake they should give out a few A's to the people that sleep during class and a few F's to the over-achievers.   Just trying to keep up with the sensitivity logic.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:08:12 AM EDT
[#35]
I still see the Confederate battle flag flying all over the place on truckbeds,cars ect........at least is not muslin flags,Gadsen is also doing real well
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:24:16 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Quoted:

linky

SIIHPAPP

Oh, legally get her on tape saying that. Please? For arfcom?

"Should" is the key. It was a suggestion, not a demand or quoting of law.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:42:30 AM EDT
[#37]
I'd tell them to get bent. Move back to the shit hole of a country you moved here from if you don't like it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#38]
FUCK0
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:56:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Anyone who is made "uncomfortable" by a U.S. flag needs to

GET THE FUCK OUT!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:19:14 PM EDT
[#41]
lets send him a Gadsden or Culpeper instead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top