Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2010 5:46:19 PM EDT
I may need to look up some people for a month or two.

I'm looking for past court activity - possibly addresses.

Any experiences or alternatives are appreciated.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:52:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Alright! Another Pool Party™ thread!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:54:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Around here you can access court records for free online from the county website.  I don't think there's addresses on there, but you can see if someone's been to court and what the reason was.  google "[wherever you live] county court records" and see what comes up.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:56:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Depends on what state they live in as to how much data is available to search on publicdata.com.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:58:33 PM EDT
[#4]
How good is it...
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:07:56 PM EDT
[#5]
One party I'm interested in is in another State where records are not so easily obtained - they also may have moved a bit.

I know well how to use our local Clerk of Courts systems - I need something national.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Depends on what state they live in as to how much data is available to search on publicdata.com.

How about your State?

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#7]
It's a start but really much better methods exist that are free

it depends on the scope of your subject and what you are  trying to find....

I am assuming this is for legal purposes such as pre employment

if the subjects are local the free public access terminal at the county/district court is the best legal method to find criminal data if they have resided in the area

if you are hiring for "critical infrastructure" type of things the doj will assist you

make sure you understand fed/local laws on what you can and can not do with such data
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:14:07 PM EDT
[#8]
intillus (spelling error probably )
pipl
zabba search

are good level 1 passes to establish name /dob and prior locations from there start hitting the county /district courts
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:19:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I would be interested in crimes, businesses owned, civil cases - all public info.  I just don't want to spend hours scouring various county websites to do so.

Nothing nefarious here, and this time the scope is wider so I don't feel like paying my usual PI guy.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:15:11 AM EDT
[#10]
By the way, I'm looking to setup an account - not ask someone for favors.

It was mentioned here in the past, and I'm wondering if its the best way to go.
ETA - after doing some research, I think its pretty much a scam - and have already cracked the main item I was seeking.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top