Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:41:46 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

It's carp. Who eats that trash fish anyhow? Just shoot them all and be done with it.

I am glad I am not the only one that holds that opinion. I could never warm up to the idea of eating bottom feeders.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:42:39 AM EDT
[#2]
So, they're edible eh? Some big chain restaurant ought to start serving them!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:46:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
kill all asian carps?

Selective virus.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:47:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:49:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:28:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
They jump plenty high on the IL river.  People have been bow fishing for them while they jump.  Definitely not legal to have a loaded gun in a moving boat in IL, let alone discharge it.

Could you do it from shore though?

In theory, but they only jump when the boat motor is running and the boat is moving.

A fiberglass boat does not work too well for this. Aluminum is the way to go for this.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:32:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
if you live in the Midwest you know about these jumping fish and the problems they are causing to the waterways

in two words...

skeet fishing

anyone live near the Missouri river want to try it and let us know how it goes?

It probably works fine, according to some of my shotgunning friends.  Don't get caught, and sure as hell don't get caught in Illinois.

The Chinese are building a factory in Illinois to catch and process the fish.  Knowing those slimy bastards (the commies, not the fish), they'll do everything they can to encourage the fish to proliferate, instead of working to mitigate the infestation (of fish, not commies, although that seems like a good idea, too).

I read the rest of the posts.  Shotgunning carp is done by standing in the bow of a jon boat.  One set up for bowfishing works great.

These carp are edible, nothing like our favorite Asian carp everyone likes to hate.  Apparently those are edible, too.

The Chinese are not doing the catching, The local commercial fishermen are. Also the locals are just doing basic processing and packing in ice to air ship to China for further processing and final packing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:34:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
It's carp. Who eats that trash fish anyhow? Just shoot them all and be done with it.

I am glad I am not the only one that holds that opinion. I could never warm up to the idea of eating bottom feeders.

Asian carp aren't bottom feeders, they're filter feeders.  That said, if you've ever smelled one; you know why I'll never eat one...

BTW, you guys who don't think they jump high enough to shoot need to come fishing with me on the Kaskaskia river sometime.  They don't have any problem at all jumping completely over the boat, and catching one in the face at >10 mph SUCKS!  I hate the fucking things.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:37:33 AM EDT
[#9]
My solution is to put a large subwoofer underwater to cause them to jump and coat the water with a very sticky flammable substance. Light fire, turn on woofer and enjoy the carp BBQ
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:48:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top