I've always wanted to go, but it's hard finding someone that can get some extra passes to attend. I would imagine that SEMA gets more "civilians" than the SHOT Show? Do just the major tuning and parts companies get passes to attend for their employees or can your everyday repair shop get passes to attend even if they don't plan to be an exhibitor?
Doesn't look too difficult
enter an email address and fill out the form
Registration Cost: $25 for attendees, $200 for Nonexhibiting Manufacturers/Suppliers/Importers/Exporters
• Your badge permits you to enter both the SEMA Show and AAPEX.
By registering you agree to the following guidelines in order to attend the SEMA Show and AAPEX:
Admission to the SEMA Show and AAPEX are for the automotive trade only. Registrants may be asked to provide proof of their affiliation in the automotive industry.
All registrations are subject to review and approval by Show Management. Principal business category will be determined by Show Management utilizing your company website. Once approved, confirmation will be sent to the registrants via e-mail regarding the status of their badges.
To register on-site, each registrant must present two proofs of employment in the automotive industry.
The following forms of business identification will be acceptable. All must indicate current employment at an automotive–related company:
• Tax registration certificate or business registration
• Business license
• Two recent paycheck stubs to verify employment
• Business card (company name and address must correspond with the information on the registration form). Must include job title
• Business photo I.D. (must include company name, photo and name)
POLICY NOTICE: The following business categories are not allowed to register:
• Any nonautomotive affiliated company
• Freight providers
• Travel agencies
• Graphics companies - nonautomotive
• Exhibition industry service companies
• Insurance agents
• Modeling agencies
In order to maintain a business atmosphere at the SEMA Show and AAPEX, we ask your cooperation in complying with these policies as a condition of your attendance:
• In the interest of maintaining a professional atmosphere, attendees must wear appropriate apparel at all times. Business or semi-business attire is suggested. Logos and sayings on apparel must be in good taste. Show Management reserves the right to make determinations on appropriate apparel.
• Badges are the property of the SEMA Show and AAPEX and must be surrendered upon request. Badges must be worn in plain view at all times.
• Random distribution of promotional material or business cards or selling of product of any type is not allowed.
• Nonexhibiting Manufacturers'/Service Providers' badges are for the sole purpose of viewing the SEMA Show and AAPEX for future exhibiting opportunities. There is a limit of two badges per company.
• Nonexhibiting Manufacturers/Service Providers are not permitted to have merchandise, samples or catalogs.
• Showrooms, hospitality suites, special presentations or sponsorship of any activity cannot be hosted by Nonexhibiting Manufacturers/Service Providers anywhere in Las Vegas during the SEMA Show and AAPEX.
• Anyone who is observed approaching buyers in the aisles or in an exhibitor's booth not their own, will be removed.
• Smoking is prohibited everywhere in the Las Vegas Convention Center and Sands Expo & Convention Center.
• No one under the age of 16 years, including infants will be admitted.
Camera and Video Policy - Failure to conform to any of these regulations will result in removal:
• The SEMA Show and AAPEX and the Show owners are authorized to make and may use, without limitation, notification or compensations, audio and/or visual recordings of activities at their trade shows, as well as the names of the companies and participants of the Shows.
• Professional video crews must carry the official video pass at either Show.
• At AAPEX, the use of cameras and video recorders is prohibited in the Exhibit Hall with the exception of authorized members of the working trade press.
• At the SEMA Show, photographs and personal videos are permitted with the exhibitor's permission only.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in the SEMA Show and AAPEX, the Participant hereby grants the SEMA Show and AAPEX and it assigns (1) full and unconditional permission to make still or motion pictures and any other type(s) of audio or visual recordings of Participant's activities and participation in the SEMA Show and AAPEX Event and at the site of the Event before, during and after the Event; and (2) the exclusive, worldwide and perpetual rights to use the same, together with the name, likeness and biography of Participant and its employees and assigns, along with the names, likenesses and data of, or relating to, Participant's products and display, for publicity, advertising, endorsements, promotion and any other kind or type of exhibition or exploitations, whether or not for profit, in print, audio, video and other communications media by reproduction and sale or other distribution by any and all means now known or hereafter developed.
<input type="checkbox" value="Y" name="dataProtectEmail" /> Please check here if you do not want your e-mail address released for use by SEMA, AAIA and MEMA other than for Show–related issues.
<input type="checkbox" value="Y" name="dataProtectFax" /> Please check here if you do not want your fax number to be released for use by SEMA, AAIA and MEMA other than for Show–related issues.
<input type="checkbox" value="Y" name="noPublish" /> Please check here if you do not want your company name published as attending the SEMA Show and AAPEX.
<input type="checkbox" value="N" name="canPolicy" /> I have read and agree with the SEMA Show and AAPEX registration and pricing policies listed above.
This may sound corny but if all else fails put an ad on craigslist in the California and Nevada area. Who knows maybe someone will hook you up.