Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:27:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ny has has a smoking ban for ages. Can't say that I have been pining for the stench of cigarettes.

HERP

You support these laws that trample the rights of a group of people to partake in legal activities, yet you despise laws that punish a group of people partaking in illegal activities (SB1070).

You are either a beautiful troll, or a fucking idiot.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:28:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Bullshit laws should be flouted. The idea that the state can tell a private business owner that he can't allow smoking (which is a legal activity) on his property is absurd.

+1

Failure and/or refusal to enforce stupid laws is a good thing.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:30:42 PM EDT
[#3]
But that still leaves almost 1,700 that aren't. And you don't have to search long to find them.

So you actively searched out places where people were doing something you didn't like just so you could bitch about them?

Here's an idea:

If you don't want to breathe cigarette smoke, stay the hell out of places that allow smoking.  douchebag.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:36:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Many restaurateurs spent significant sums to comply with the ban,

Liberals and cops (since they're the ones enforcing this crap) love spending other people's money.z
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now that I quit smoking I hope the states ban smoking and brings the jack-boots down on everyone for smoking in public.

Really, smoking is so 00's everyone I know has pretty much quit except those certain friends that never really "grew up".

Plus round these parts no one respects an intellectual that smokes.

Yea, that's California for ya, and a large part of why the rest of the country laughs at you guys.  All holier-than-thou health nazis spending yourselves into oblivion.  It's like they put peyote in the water.

If smoking bans were only enacted in CA you might have a point..........

Brian

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:42:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Why don't they ban drinking in bars as well as the food since that stuff is about as bad for you as smoking?

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ny has has a smoking ban for ages. Can't say that I have been pining for the stench of cigarettes.

This right here.  

I was real anti the ban when they first did it in Cali but thing are so much nicer a few years later without the stench of cigs everywhere.

You support these laws that trample the rights of a group of people to partake in legal activities, yet you despise laws that punish a group of people partaking in illegal activities (SB1070).

Your right to smoke does infringe on my right to breath.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:46:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The smoking ban is strictly enforced in Wa state. It worked out fine. The bars built smoking areas outside, the smokers use them and don't bitch and nobody has to breate their smoke.

It has worked really well. It was long overdue.

Live free or ............................................... Have the .Gov force others to fit your standards. Nobody had to "breate" anyones smoke if you don't like smoking don't go where smoking is allowed... But that would mean not asking the .Gov to make more laws. I swear some of you got lost on your way to DU.............................

The government had nothing to do with it in our state. It was an initiative put on the ballot by the people. It passed with an overwelming majority. I don't believe cigarette smoking should be banned or regulated. If  the rude, self righteous, inconsiderate cocksuckers (smokers) had the common sense to not expose everybody else to their unhealthy habit in the first place, it would never had come to this. But don't blame the Government. The people of our state got the smoke out of indoor enclosed areas here in spite of the government
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

This right here.  

I was real anti the ban when they first did it in Cali but thing are so much nicer a few years later without the stench of cigs everywhere.

Your right to breathe does not extend to inflicting your dirty hippie brownie breath on other people's private property.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:09:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Now that I quit smoking I hope the states ban smoking and brings the jack-boots down on everyone for smoking in public.

Really, smoking is so 00's everyone I know has pretty much quit except those certain friends that never really "grew up".

Of course, you were OK with people talking shit about you when you still smoked, right?

I quit smoking years ago because I was tired of it, not because of being brow beaten by do-gooders and nannies.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:58:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course, you were OK with people talking shit about you when you still smoked, right?

I quit smoking years ago because I was tired of it, not because of being brow beaten by do-gooders and nannies.

Alright, this may sound shallow but in California image is everything.

When I smoked it was still considered "cool" but now it just nasty and considered a faux pas.

The health benefits sure are nice as well.

Look I got no problem if you smoke in your own home or car with the window rolled up but I welcome new public smoking bans. It's a win-win for everyone except for those people who lack discipline.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:10:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea, that's California for ya, and a large part of why the rest of the country laughs at you guys. All holier-than-thou health nazis spending yourselves into oblivion. It's like they put peyote in the water.

If smoking bans were only enacted in CA you might have a point..........

Brian

If you put 'only' in the correct place you might have a point.............

Ellery
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:07:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Start a poll!

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:19:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Private property. Fuck anyone who thinks sweeping legislation forced upon private property owners by the state is an answer to ANY problem.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:52:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Locally, the Big City Thinkers pushed for a ban in Mesa. There were exemptions for bars and for places that put in seperate ventilation systems. So everyone who wanted to smoke with dinner boycotted businesses in Mesa by going to Tempe, Chandler, Scottsdale and Phoenix. The BCTs threw a hissy fit because smokers did exactly what they had said they would do-boycott any city that enacted a ban.

Soon the BCT's enacted smoking bans in Tempe-no smoking anywhere indoors. Bold move for a college town surrounding a school frequently rated as a big party school. Predictably, non-smokers did not flock to Tempe to bask in smugness and cheap cologne. Why? Well, nobody wants to go to a completely empty bar on a Saturday night. They went to Chandler or Scottsdale. And quite a few places shut their doors permanently.

The BCTs, with their heads up their asses and congratulating themselves on a job well done, moved on to a state bill. "It's not fair that businesses outside the ban zome can still allow smoking! It's an unfair advantage, and we have to do something about it!". Yes, their argument for extending the ban (which was supposedly going to massively increase the business bars were going to see because there was no smoking) was that it was unfair that a bar in a ban city couldn't draw as many customers as a bar NOT in a ban city.

So, the cocksucking BCT's, heads planted firmly up their asses, pushed the Big City Fucktardism to the state level.

Here's a fucking hint, shit for brains, if a business owner thinks he can make more money by going non-smoking, then by all means he should do so, but it shouldn't be a legislative issue. Unfortunately, there are BCTs all over the country, and every one of them, as part of their elite idiot training, has spent months and months eating lead paint chips and huffing spray paint. Smoking's not their only target, either, so stay alert.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:13:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Bans been in place for a few years here in Ohio.

Alot of bars went under. No one gives a shit because "its for the people" fucknut crowd are realizing they can ban whatever they please ON PRIVATE PROPERTY  and get away with it.

This has nothing to do with smoking and everything to do with control.

You may hate smoking , but someday the fucktards will get around to you and something you do like.

Fucking idiots
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:16:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Dan Casey is huge dildo. I don't know anyone who likes what he writes.  He has the intellectual firepower of an ant.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:18:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Smoking and non-smoking restaurants and bars had already sorted themselves that way pretty well long before we got our idiotic smoking ban.

It was utterly useless.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:28:37 AM EDT
[#20]
What's funny is that the Roanoke Times has gone full retard when it comes to smoking and drinking.  As soon as our governor mentioned that he wanted to privatize liquor stores, the left went into full blown alcohol awareness hysteria.

Yet I see the purveyors of that garbage in grocery stores with dozens of bottles of cheap, nasty wine in their cart.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:30:38 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

When I smoked it was still considered "cool" but now it just nasty and considered a faux pas.  

That speaks volumes of your character, and explains the stupid which often plagues your posts.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:49:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you been pining for a private business to operate as the owner sees fit?

Have you been pining away for the removal of health codes that prevent restaurants from serving rotten food or having workers wipe their ass with their hand and then not wash before throwing together your burger? What's a little e coli among friends, freedom ain't free!

Funny thing about that...... I can't look at a burger and tell if it is fresh angus beef prepared responsibly or rat ground up by a guy that didn't wash after shitting all over his hands.....

Anyone with a 4 year old mentality can walk into a bar and observe .... " hey there is smoke in here I don;t want to subject myself to "

You are comparing apples and machine guns again

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:51:28 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They've banned outside smoking in my town. Indoor smokings been illegal for years already.

That's nutty.

no nuttier then telling private business owners what legal products they are allowed to use in their own business....

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:52:55 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Locally, the Big City Thinkers pushed for a ban in Mesa. There were exemptions for bars and for places that put in seperate ventilation systems. So everyone who wanted to smoke with dinner boycotted businesses in Mesa by going to Tempe, Chandler, Scottsdale and Phoenix. The BCTs threw a hissy fit because smokers did exactly what they had said they would do-boycott any city that enacted a ban.

Soon the BCT's enacted smoking bans in Tempe-no smoking anywhere indoors. Bold move for a college town surrounding a school frequently rated as a big party school. Predictably, non-smokers did not flock to Tempe to bask in smugness and cheap cologne. Why? Well, nobody wants to go to a completely empty bar on a Saturday night. They went to Chandler or Scottsdale. And quite a few places shut their doors permanently.

The BCTs, with their heads up their asses and congratulating themselves on a job well done, moved on to a state bill. "It's not fair that businesses outside the ban zome can still allow smoking! It's an unfair advantage, and we have to do something about it!". Yes, their argument for extending the ban (which was supposedly going to massively increase the business bars were going to see because there was no smoking) was that it was unfair that a bar in a ban city couldn't draw as many customers as a bar NOT in a ban city.

So, the cocksucking BCT's, heads planted firmly up their asses, pushed the Big City Fucktardism to the state level.

Here's a fucking hint, shit for brains, if a business owner thinks he can make more money by going non-smoking, then by all means he should do so, but it shouldn't be a legislative issue. Unfortunately, there are BCTs all over the country, and every one of them, as part of their elite idiot training, has spent months and months eating lead paint chips and huffing spray paint. Smoking's not their only target, either, so stay alert.

BCTs that's cute I wonder if it will become an official AFRcom-ism.

You will thank us in the long run when all that commercial and private real estate no longer smells like a God-damn smoke house.

You will no longer have to deal with nasty sticky nicotine residue in the ducts and walls. In other words your quality of life will improve maybe one day we can get to the same level as Norway on the quality of life index.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:53:32 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This right here.  

you are assuming a right to enter someone else private property and override their property rights ,

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:56:26 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That speaks volumes of your character, and explains the stupid which often plagues your posts.

In my state it's cool to be healthy and stay fit.

I have seen what the residents look like from your state.

Maybe you guys should discourage bad habits as well.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:59:24 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This right here.  

you are assuming a right to enter someone else private property and override their property rights ,  

If it's commercial property and the business is open to the public, you are putting the public's health at risk. That is all there is to it.

Your own private residence, do what you want but if I am renting to you I will evict you for smoking.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:59:28 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hear its pretty cool to be a liberal asshat in your state and not too cool to own guns.......

Since you are living your life by what others think of you ...... Where is the link to you selling all your guns?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:01:17 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This right here.  

If it's commercial private property and the business is open to the public, you are putting the public's health at risk. That is all there is to it.  

Your own private residence, do what you want but if I am renting to you I will evict you for smoking.

And you are only putting the publics heath at risk for the public that CHOOSES to go there.....

remember this when they close all the ranges cause they are public property and you risk higher lead levels in your blood by going......

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:02:24 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hear its pretty cool to be a liberal asshat in your state and not too cool to own guns.......    

Since you are living your life by what others think of you ...... Where is the link to you selling all your guns?

Actually guns are making a come back as a "cool" thing in this state amongst the younger people, no longer is it considered a fringe weirdo red-neck type deal.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:05:44 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually guns are making a come back as a "cool" thing in this state amongst the younger people, no longer is it considered a fringe weirdo red-neck type deal.  

So if smoking comes back you will start again ?

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:07:43 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I my state we don't need to the government telling us how to live, and most of us are secure enough in who we are that we don't give a damn about what's cool or not, and I find it pretty sad that the only guidance you have, as it relates to your self identity, is based on either what's "cool" or what the government says.

Speaking of bad habits, what's the financial condition of your state?  Perhaps your state should, instead of acting like a nanny, instead act like adults and clean up your economic mess made possible by big city thinkers like you.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:07:53 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This right here.  

If it's commercial private property and the business is open to the public, you are putting the public's health at risk. That is all there is to it.  

And you are only putting the publics heath at risk for the public that CHOOSES to go there.....

remember this when they close all the ranges cause they are public property and you risk higher lead levels in your blood by going......

What if its the only pharmacy that is open at night within a 500 mile radius and the person is in late stages of COPD but he has to brave all the ignorant smoker ass hattery to get his meds while in line.

Like I said let's shoot for Norwegian quality of life standards instead of self-serving self-destructive "pro-freedom" behavior that is plaguing this country and destroying our once great quality of life.

I put "pro-freedom" in quotes because it really is not freedom because you are infringing on other people's rights to breath clean air.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:10:27 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It wont come back we have pretty much banned it in most public places.

Also I would never start again since it's hard to be respected as an intellectual around these parts if you smoke.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:17:08 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I my state we don't need to the government telling us how to live, and most of us are secure enough in who we are that we don't give a damn about what's cool or not, and I find it pretty sad that the only guidance you have, as it relates to your self identity, is based on either what's "cool" or what the government says.

Speaking of bad habits, what's the financial condition of your state?  Perhaps your state should, instead of acting like a nanny, instead act like adults and clean up your economic mess made possible by big city thinkers like you.

Actually judging by what I have seen of some of the resident's physical appearances in your state maybe you need to have the state .gov telling you guys how to live.

You act like discouraging bad habits is a bad thing.

Don't worry about our budget, I think you need to focus more on the obesity problem in your state before you start pointing fingers at ours.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:21:45 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Actually judging by what I have seen of some of the resident's physical appearances in your state maybe you need to have the state .gov telling you guys how to live.  

Don't worry about our budget, I think you need to focus more on the obesity problem in your state before you start pointing fingers at ours.

Only a Statist like you would see more of a concern in the private lives of others than having a state which teeters on the brink of bankruptcy.

Please continue on, we are all impressed with your big city thinking.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:29:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Virginia posted a budget surplus.  How bad in the hole is California?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:01:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It wont come back we have pretty much banned it in most public places.

Also I would never start again since it's hard to be respected as an intellectual around these parts if you smoke.

I wouldn't worry about that if I were you.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:05:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Why not try just not going to businesses where people smoke ? You don't have to go there. Find a place that suits your lifestyle and leave everyone one alone.

Plus I doubt many California intellectuals deserve respect to begin with.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:05:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Fuck smoking bans and anybody who supports them.  

I don't even smoke, and I never will, but fuck the government for trying to tell a business owner what he can or can't allow at his place of commerce.  If you don't like sitting in a smoky restaurant or bar, don't go there, don't bring your kids there, and don't complain if you do go there.  It's really that easy.  Over a long enough time frame, the market will decide if it's better to cater to smokers or non smokers, not the government.  

Exactly couldn't have said it better.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:15:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

This right here.  

What if its the only pharmacy that is open at night within a 500 mile radius and the person is in late stages of COPD but he has to brave all the ignorant smoker ass hattery to get his meds while in line.  

Like I said let's shoot for Norwegian quality of life standards instead of self-serving self-destructive "pro-freedom" behavior that is plaguing this country and destroying our once great quality of life.

I put "pro-freedom" in quotes because it really is not freedom because you are infringing on other people's rights to breath clean air.

I think you have mixed that up. Its anti freedom asshats that are destroying quality of life.

If you like Norway's lifestyle then move there, I think it sucks so I'll stay here.

And no one is infringing on your right to clean air. On private property you have no right to clean air. Go somewhere else if you're worried about it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:58:15 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CDC obesity statistics 2009. http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/trends.html
CA 24.8%

VA 25%

Now fix your state's fuckin budget.  PS. VA is in line to have a Surplus this year by $404 million.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:18:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Bans been in place for a few years here in Ohio.

Alot of bars went under. No one gives a shit because "its for the people" fucknut crowd are realizing they can ban whatever they please ON PRIVATE PROPERTY  and get away with it.

This has nothing to do with smoking and everything to do with control.

You may hate smoking , but someday the fucktards will get around to you and something you do like.

Fucking idiots

I know a few bars that are starting to allow it in Ohio again, I was in one when I saw someone across the bar light up a cigarette.  I asked the bartender if we were allowed to smoke in here (because I wanted to light up as well if I was allowed to), she laid a paper cup in front of me with water and said "We don't want you to smoke in our bar!", i'm like awesome and lit one up.  Because the law is a little different in Ohio.  In Ohio, the ban is only enforceable by the health department, it is worded in the law that it is not the job of the police to handle petty calls of someone smoking indoors (ohio cops are way too busy giving out speeding tickets to do anything else anyway).  It's gone pretty high up in the courts, I don't know what the result has been, but business owners are challenging the law since it shouldn't be their fault if they post no-smoking signs, remove all ashtrays, and someone lights up anyway and the health department is there and they get fined.  It's not an enforceable law by police here, so the most that they can really do is ask someone to leave or put out their cigarette and if they refuse THEN involve the police for trespassing.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:20:56 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Virginia posted a budget surplus.  How bad in the hole is California?

lol just over 19 BILLION

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:43:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:

BCTs that's cute I wonder if it will become an official AFRcom-ism.

You will thank us in the long run when all that commercial and private real estate no longer smells like a God-damn smoke house.

You will no longer have to deal with nasty sticky nicotine residue in the ducts and walls. In other words your quality of life will improve maybe one day we can get to the same level as Norway on the quality of life index.

Yeah, see, I'm quite capable of living my life without busybody assholes mucking about in it. And big city thinker is becoming an arfcomism, but not quite in the way you might be hoping, BCT. Matter of fact, probably rather the opposite.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:46:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

This right here.  

Yes, because the businesses hit the hardest by smoking bans are pharmacies. Holy shit, dude, how do you manage to walk down the street without getting hit by a car with your head that far up your ass.

Which ammendment is that one, Corky? Is it next to the right not to be subjected to stupidity from CA? Just wondering, 'cause I keep reading your posts and can't help but feel violated..
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

[/div][div]Plus round these parts no one respects an intellectual that smokes.[/div]  [/div]

I wouldn't respect someone whose way of judging someones " intellectualism" is so shallow
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top