Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:50:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

The same ones who pick them every year..and they lose. Team loyalty usually causes blindness to reality. You don't know who is going to win unless your team has proven it could win or if you have Tim Tebow as quarterback.

Alabama is returning everybody who counts, but they may get bumped off by a hungrier SEC team. There are 4 teams in the SEC that can beat OSU tomorrow morning..that is reality. Without playing tougher teams, they become over-rated as usual and if they get a shot, it will might be against Oklahoma or some other soft scheduled conference team around the country. Boise State? They are good but not great, but they could be playing against whoever in the BCS and win it. But if OSU has to play any SEC team..it is over. They will lose. The SEC is faster and more skilled than most conferences..thats the truth.

This pre-season hype does not help your team get better..it only makes you feel better about their chances. But as usual, they will get blown out of a title game just because they are Ohio State.I wish my Gators could play them every year just for the morale boost it gives the team and fans.
No.

I'm sorry.

There are NOT four teams in the 2010 version of the SEC that can beat the 2010 Buckeyes.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#2]
fucking doubletap.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:52:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:54:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm calling for and OSU-VT NC game. With VT whooping some ass.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:00:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The same ones who pick them every year..and they lose. Team loyalty usually causes blindness to reality. You don't know who is going to win unless your team has proven it could win or if you have Tim Tebow as quarterback.

Alabama is returning everybody who counts, but they may get bumped off by a hungrier SEC team. There are 4 teams in the SEC that can beat OSU tomorrow morning..that is reality. Without playing tougher teams, they become over-rated as usual and if they get a shot, it will might be against Oklahoma or some other soft scheduled conference team around the country. Boise State? They are good but not great, but they could be playing against whoever in the BCS and win it. But if OSU has to play any SEC team..it is over. They will lose. The SEC is faster and more skilled than most conferences..thats the truth.

This pre-season hype does not help your team get better..it only makes you feel better about their chances. But as usual, they will get blown out of a title game just because they are Ohio State.I wish my Gators could play them every year just for the morale boost it gives the team and fans.

LOL, you don't watch college football do you? I've got some really bad news for you. Florida did beat OSU a few years ago, but other than that they haven't done so well against Big Ten teams. This decades whipping boy, Michigan, has beaten you multiple times. The same goes for your beloved SEC. They have less BCS appearances than the Big Ten, and a losing record versus the Big Ten. You and ESPN can spin that how you like, but those are the facts and you have now been owned, or as we say in Ohio, you've been UM'd.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:03:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

I'm sorry.

There are NOT four teams in the 2010 version of the SEC that can beat the 2010 Buckeyes.

Please  

Florida and Alabama would beat them tomorrow like a Red Headed Step Child

Then you have LSU, Auburn, Georgia, Arkanas who could use their 3rd string.  South Carolina would have beat them the way both teams played Thursday night.

Yall better get the check in the mail to Miami not run up the score before they get on the plane.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:25:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Arkansas = nat. champ.

I am going to Georgia in two weeks to see the UGA / Arkansas game.

Go Bucks!
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:19:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

O-H

U-M

Michigan won't be making it to Columbus this year seeing they have a hard time getting past toledo.....

Can't wait till those cornfed country boys from Nebraska show up to teach the "Little Ten" how to play smashmouth football.
Ohio State and Michigan invented smash mouth football.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:22:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
O-H

U-M

Michigan won't be making it to Columbus this year seeing they have a hard time getting past toledo.....

Can't wait till those cornfed country boys from Nebraska show up to teach the "Little Ten" how to play smashmouth football.

don't feed the trolls, everyone knows that Nebraska will never be the same since Tom Osborne left
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:46:25 AM EDT
[#10]
The Big Ten sucks. Ohio State may very well end up "playing for" a national championship. But they'll get their ass kicked by whatever SEC/Big 12 opponent they face.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:40:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The Big Ten sucks. Ohio State may very well end up "playing for" a national championship. But they'll get their ass kicked by whatever SEC/Big 12 opponent they face.

Exactly why we play the game.

Talk is cheap, and teams are different every year.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:52:21 AM EDT
[#12]
With no real games having been played yet, I don't understand the world beater attitudes.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 9:11:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If Ohio St was in the Big 12 or SEC, there is no way in the hell they'd go undefeated, not a chance.

In fact, OSU is going to lose to Miami.

Michigan players can't even spell BCS

OSU can't even win a NC game, so we're even.

I guess you forgot about the 2002 season, but I would too if I was a scUM fan

I'm surprised you have the time to post here what with all the time taken up in your busy buckeye schedule full of spitting on people and sister fucking.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 9:18:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Holy shit I love college football!

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 9:28:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

With no real games having been played yet, I don't understand the world beater attitudes.

The Pitt Vs. Utah game was pretty good and downed a ranked team.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:06:11 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Is this Florida Gators team that I am watching one of the four you claimed could beat OSU?

I sure hope not, because they cannot move the ball on offense against Miami (Ohio).
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:07:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is this Florida Gators team that I am watching one of the four you claimed could beat OSU?

I sure hope not, because they cannot move the ball on offense against Miami (Ohio).

Yes, and we could still beat you even without a center.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:12:41 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

FL vs. USC

If you were watching this Gators game right now, you wouldn't be predicting that.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:14:04 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're living in the past, Brother.

Florida is not going anywhere this season.

Number 4 team in the Country.......MY ASS!
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:19:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll defer to your vast Ohio experience on teams being overrated.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:21:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

sorry, but our tradition of winning lasts longer than the past 20 years
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:22:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

sorry, but our tradition of winning lasts longer than the past 20 years

I thought we weren't supposed to be living in the past here?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:28:21 AM EDT
[#23]

hell yeah. I love the Buckeye hate on this board.

Seriously though...that team is STACKED. They're fast, they're strong, they're deadly, and they're going to whoop some serious ass this year.

Bring it haters!
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:29:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Miami (Ohio) is like OSU's little brother.

Your Gators are having a hell of of time with the little brother, what do you think would happen if BIG brother came out to play?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:31:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Your Gators are having a hell of of time with the little brother, what do you think would happen if BIG brother came out to play?

Not big and little, just retarded twins.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not big and little, just retarded twins.

unlike the retarded triplets from Florida, UF, FSU, and UM
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:47:09 AM EDT
[#27]

Interesting tidbit: Ohio State has never  beaten an SEC team in post-season play.  Who can't have a great season when you have to get up for 2 games and the rest are cream puffs.?

As for Nebraska - well, we all know that the 'N' is for 'nollege'.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:59:34 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Interesting tidbit: Ohio State has never  beaten an SEC team in post-season play.  Who can't have a great season when you have to get up for 2 games and the rest are cream puffs.?

And your team is?

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:30:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I know my team is far from great, but South Carolina beating Ohio State back to back years in back to back Outback Bowls was fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:57:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
If Ohio St was in the Big 12 or SEC, there is no way in the hell they'd go undefeated, not a chance.

In fact, OSU is going to lose to Miami.

Toledo - 13
Michigan - 10

Appalachian State - 34
Michigan - 32

Now go get your shinebox.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:59:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This seemed like a good place to try out my new avatar.

the whining irish!
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:03:39 PM EDT
[#32]
The only way either Ohio State or Notre Dame will get to the championship game will be if they by tickets like everyone else but the two that are playing.

I am hoping Bama gets back to it, but will make no predictions about that nor about who will get in the game except for the statement made in the first paragraph.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:43:14 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This seemed like a good place to try out my new avatar.

the whining irish!

I'm guessing Purdue is crying right about now.  I'll be close on my predictions earlier in the thread.  They certainly won't be in the title hunt though.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Fuck the Buckeyes!

Go Blue!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:05:15 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL, you don't watch college football do you? I've got some really bad news for you. Florida did beat OSU a few years ago, but other than that they haven't done so well against Big Ten teams. This decades whipping boy, Michigan, has beaten you multiple times. The same goes for your beloved SEC. They have less BCS appearances than the Big Ten, and a losing record versus the Big Ten. You and ESPN can spin that how you like, but those are the facts and you have now been owned, or as we say in Ohio, you've been UM'd.

Multiple as in 2..OSU is another story.
In 2009, the SEC went 6-4 in bowl games. In 2008, the SEC ended up 6-2; 7-2 in 2007. That 19-8 bowl record in the past three years is the best record of all the conferences and the most bowl wins ever by one conference over three years.

Oh, and the SEC won the National Championships each of those years, as well as the prior year (2006).

So, how'd the Big Ten do? This past year (2009) they went 4-3. In 2008 they were 1-6. In 2007 they were 3-5. So, a cumulative record of 8-14 over the past three years. Note that Ohio State lost both the '06 and '07 Championship Games to Florida and LSU.

And that pretty much sums things up as far as the SEC vs Big Ten rivalry. It was pretty even until the last two years. The SEC is way ahead now. [In the interests of completeness, note the Big Ten's one bowl win last season came against the SEC (Iowa over South Carolina in Outback Bowl). However, Georgia beat Michigan State in the Capital One Bowl to even the 2008 SEC vs Big Ten record at 1-1 (no other games were played between the conferences in 2008).]

And yes..4 teams in the SEC would beat OSU, this year..I think you know this but won't admit it. We do have a Heisman and couple NC's at Florida this decade, so please use your head when you think you have owned us. The SEC is way ahead the past couple of years against your conference. Alabama, LSU and Florida have shared the title, remember? Your only hopes pine on another over-rated OSU team...as usual.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#36]
I hope OSU crashes and burns.  I've got money riding on them not winning the NC title this year.

I actually used to be a Buckeyes fan...but the Ohio sports fan pool contains some of the most ignorant, obnoxious people on earth.  Aside from the extreme arrogance and all around poor sportsmanship of OSU football fans, everytime I go to a Blue Jackets NHL game, I invariably am sitting in front of some 45 year old woman who thinks because her 9 year old plays hockey, that she should be coach.  Hearing some woman screaming "Shoot it, shooooot iiiiiiiiiiiiit!" anytime the Jackets have the puck in the neutral zone gets old pretty quick.  

I used to root for the Indians, but anytime a player starts doing well, the team decides to get rid of them.  Why were they in such a hurry to get rid of Jim Thome again?  The Cavaliers owner acted like an infant over Lebron James leaving.  And don't even get started me on Cleveland Browns fans...  The so-called "Cleveland Curse" is simply justice.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:31:48 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

O-H

U-M

Easy now....

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top