Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 9/3/2010 3:01:59 PM EDT
So, Australia is invaded by an unnamed Asian country for colonization. What is the response from the US? The other Commonwealth countries? Do we help, or let them be enslaved?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:03:05 PM EDT
We probably tell the Aussies not to own on them too hard....?
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:03:48 PM EDT
Who cares, I can't even speak Australian.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:03:49 PM EDT
WTF?

Are the Japs up to no good again?
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:07:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2010 3:08:48 PM EDT by Cpt_Kirks]
SEATO

Like a poor man's NATO.

ETA: Nevermind, it went away in 1977. Showing my age again.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:08:45 PM EDT
Nukes.

We don't allow English speaking allies to be fucked with.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:09:58 PM EDT
if they have a military they fight, if its their citizens well they are mostly disarmed and indoctrinated that using a gun against a human is never ever allowed
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:10:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DontShootMyDog:
Nukes.

What was the language spoken in Rhodesia?
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:11:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DonS:
Nukes.

Herp Derp.

Hax

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:11:06 PM EDT
That kind of thing is certainly not going to happen in a military or political vacuum. It's not like you're going to turn on the news tomorrow and see that China has hit the beaches at Perth.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:11:52 PM EDT
Aussies invented the Tragic Boating Accident.

There are some HARD people that live down there...
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:11:53 PM EDT
Crocodile Dundee goes Rambo on the enemy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:12:15 PM EDT
Nukes.

Click-Click-Grunt?

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:13:28 PM EDT
The Aussies have a real good military.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:13:41 PM EDT
Nukes.

Nuking any place in africa would be like drowning kittens on live tv... Just wouldnt go over well. That was more of a black, political revolution anyways. Sad though, shows how European dominance in an area can help an economy. Now, its just another shit hole.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:15:23 PM EDT
Obviously any military invasion of Australia would bring down the full weight of NATO on the aggressor. No doubt in my mind whatsoever.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:17:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2010 3:21:27 PM EDT by gee223]
They already are mostly owned by China. Sort of like the US gov owns Millions of acres of US soil (and buying more). If they want to do something with it, wtf can we do?

I doubt enough of them hold a permit for a single shot shotty to make a good stand for themselves...
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:18:13 PM EDT
Send in Tom Selleck!
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:20:05 PM EDT

who cares, if they cant defend their own nation then its not worth calling it a nation.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:20:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Tony-Ri:
So, Australia is invaded by an unnamed Asian country for colonization. What is the response from the US? The other Commonwealth countries? Do we help, or let them be enslaved?

you read the story in the WSJ yesterday to, didn't you? re: China gobbling up as much of Aussie-Land as they can get.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:20:27 PM EDT
Let Donk take care of them.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:21:31 PM EDT
Bad, bad juju for the country who does...

The Aussies I know would fight at the drop of a hat and there's a shitload of unregistered weapons all over the country.

The Aborigines ability to fight, escape and evade in the bush is pretty legendary.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:23:05 PM EDT
Achieve AS

Navy owns the seas

USMC secures beachheads for follow on HVY equipment

1st and 2nd RNG BNs secure LZs....

82ND drops in....

101st and 10th MTN come in on C17s.......

1stCAV and 3rd ID equipment arrives via ship.....
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:24:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:24:41 PM EDT
Non one will invade Australia....they have Chopper.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:27:07 PM EDT
fuggem

almost every single austrailan that i know dislikes the US and thinks we gets too involved with the rest of the worlds problems. they suffer from "little man syndrom" by hating on us because we are, as they like to say, the "worlds policemen".

my wife is from AU, we go over almost every winter. this is the feed back i receive from them. crap like... "so who are ya gonna invade next?"

it gets old.

let em come beggin and crying, i'd be nice to tell them. "sorry, we don't get involved in other nations problems anymore".

btw, its still a great place to visit in our winter. the roo shootin is excellent!!!!

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:28:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sitkashooter:
fuggem

almost every single austrailan that i know dislikes the US and thinks we gets too involved with the rest of the worlds problems. they suffer from "little man syndrom" by hating on us because we are, as they like to say, the "worlds policemen".

my wife is from AU, we go over almost every winter. this is the feed back i receive from them. crap like... "so who are ya gonna invade next?"

it gets old.

let em come beggin and crying, i'd be nice to tell them. "sorry, we don't get involved in other nations problems anymore".

btw, its still a great place to visit in our winter. the roo shootin is excellent!!!!

I've served with their soldiers I had the exact opp exp.......there good people and I would fight for them....
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:30:08 PM EDT
Indonesia has been invading for years; Illegal immigration on steroids.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:36:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 161Infantry:
Achieve AS

Navy owns the seas

USMC secures beachheads for follow on HVY equipment

1st and 2nd RNG BNs secure LZs....

82ND drops in....

101st and 10th MTN come in on C17s.......

1stCAV and 3rd ID equipment arrives via ship.....

Oh hells yeah.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:38:52 PM EDT
Let the invader get established for a year or two then kick them out. Perhaps then Aussies would not be so quick to surrender their guns to the government. That said I guess all the real men would be dead by then.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:45:06 PM EDT
Uncle Chopper will rally the troops to Harden the Fuck up and whip ass on any invader STAT!
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:52:55 PM EDT
Pffffttttt.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:01:46 PM EDT
Obama would criticize the Aussies for somehow provoking the attack or leaving their continent in an easily invaded location, aplogize for the U.S., then invite the respective heads of state to the White House for a beer summit.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:02:28 PM EDT
fuggem

it gets old.

I've served with their soldiers I had the exact opp exp.......there good people and I would fight for them....

+1, and they are a funny bunch, never a dull moment in a chow line with those guys.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:15:07 PM EDT
they can use thier ar 15's, AK's, large capacity handguns privately held in the hand of Responsible Citizens..

I would vote to send in Troops and tanks and planes and then go blow the shit out of the attacking homeland...then tell them they are now our holding..and we expect taxes to be paid on time
annually,,

that would be both Australia and attacking nation..
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:17:43 PM EDT
Its cheaper for the chicoms to just buy what they want, and the bulk of Australia is uninhabitable basically, so wont happen imo.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:22:34 PM EDT
G'day mate.

You'll do fine without us, Australia has a very strong pro-gun rights base that the government respects.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:23:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2010 4:54:22 PM EDT by alexanderredhook]
Originally Posted By SilentType:
Obviously any military invasion of Australia would bring down the full weight of NATO on the aggressor. No doubt in my mind whatsoever.

Australia is not a signatory to NATO, they're ANZUS.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:23:45 PM EDT
Let's see. Where = I'm drunk as a lord right now and [y] = I have friends in Australia, x + y = I would single-handedly save the nation in a murderous rampage, fully utilizing all of my mall ninja h2h skills after exhausting the ammo for my suppressed AC556F (suppressed, of course). This assumes that my wife says it's okay and the kids don't whine too much because I can't read them to bed tonight.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:23:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2010 6:39:00 PM EDT by Palm]
The fact is, Australia is one of our most loyal allies. If they are invaded, we should go fully on the offense in their defense. That means an imitate attack on the power that attacks Australia. We go for the throat.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:24:33 PM EDT

Of course we help the Aussies.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:27:45 PM EDT

Unnamed Asian country? Outside of China, that's some pretty slim pickin's.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:30:43 PM EDT
the aussies would send in a guy with a neat car and a rabid hate for the joooos
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:33:58 PM EDT
They will let Steve Lee tear them up. lol

Steve Lee
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:44:54 PM EDT
send the aussies vital anti-sobriety supplies, and they'll kick ass in short order.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:46:12 PM EDT
Nukes.

Jive
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:53:30 PM EDT
I would hope we would have a Marine Expeditionary Unit and Navy fleet en route within twelve hours of the invasion.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:55:22 PM EDT
Love Australians!! It's their govt that's so WTF?...
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:11:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2010 5:14:13 PM EDT by GNRNR]
ANZUS treaty is honoured. US pours arms into Australia's military. US troops on the ground if need be. Leftists head's explode over US involvement an claim that US is becoming involved for personal gain.

Originally Posted By fadedsun:
G'day mate.

You'll do fine without us, Australia has a very strong pro-gun rights base that the government respects.

You are misinformed, unless that was sarcasm
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:12:57 PM EDT
I hearby volunteer for the 1st American Volunteer Force to go reinforce out friends.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:13:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By patkrysbold:
fuggem

it gets old.

+1, and they are a funny bunch, never a dull moment in a chow line with those guys.

i have no doubt in my mind that what you say is true. soldiers seem to be of a different breed.

thing is, it really irritated me the first time i went to AU. here i thought auzzies were cool and a great bunch of folks, they still are in a lot of ways, but then they find out i'm an american and it was just non stop put downs. i DO have quite a few friends over there (and family now) but those people leave world politics out of things.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Top Top