Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#1]
So did you get your MTAC awesomeness yet?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:54:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yes, yes I did!

I wore it all weekend.  Much MUCH more comfortable than the piece of shit Galco I've been using for years.  I'm working on the ride height and cant.  I even wore it for 2 4.5 hour drives.  Barely noticed it was on.

I think I'm going to love it!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, yes I did!

I wore it all weekend.  Much MUCH more comfortable than the piece of shit Galco I've been using for years.  I'm working on the ride height and cant.  I even wore it for 2 4 hour drives.  Barely noticed it was on.

I think I'm going to love it!

Cool, glad to hear you like it. I've been wearing one of Comp-tac's belts for years along with my various Comp-tac holsters after giving up on other holsters.  Have a couple of their all kydex Infidel holsters and then got one of the first MTACs when they were introduced a few years back and have 3 very well worn in ones now.  I can wear them all day without any issues.  They definitely get better with age

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#4]
somebody got a hold of your phone book
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#5]
How about editing the thread title to reflect the situation
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#6]
So, I've had the m-tac (minotaur hybrid) for a week.  So far, I am insanely happy.  

I've been carrying a Glock 22 with one of these for ~6 years.

Does it work?  Sure.  But it sucks donkey dick.  The full weight of the gun is borne by the top of your pants rather than the belt.  Unless you're snugging your belt up ultra tight, it eventually drags the edge of your pants down, particularly if you're wearing dockers or similar.  Also, drawing the gun means you have to remove the holster from IWB to reholster, then stick it all back in.  Makes practicing draws very un-enjoyable.

Now, I'm carrying this:

What a difference.  I barely notice the gun at all.  I even wore it while shoveling cinder rock, postholing, and climbing ladders.  It stayed firm and tight the whole time.  The more I wear it, the more comfortable it gets.  With my old galco, I'd put it on to leave the house, take it off when driving, put it back on, and take it off as soon as a I got home.  Constant adjustment.  I've found I put the m-tac on in the morning, and never take it off until I go to bed.  Draw practice is much more fun.  I can draw, then just reholster.  The kydex keeps it open.  I even wore it in the truck for 9 hours (2 4.5 hour drives over the labor day weekend) and it was very comfortable.  My wallet was more noticeable.

Now, the negative.  As I said, I've been carrying the same Glock 22 for ~6 years in that Galco leather holster.  Never had any rust at all.  However, after just a few days carrying the same gun in the m-tac, I noticed there is rust developing on the slide lock (takedown catch, not slide stop lever) and the locking block pin.  I'm thinking it must be something in the leather itself.  Its much thicker than the Galco and I really don't think my sweat soaked all the way through the m-tac but never the Galco.  Maybe something used in the curing process?  Also odd that it hasn't affected the slide stop or trigger pin.  

Overall, I'm in love.  This thing is even more comfortable than the OWB holsters I own.  I feel more confident carrying it too.  Typically, I'll remove my pistol when I go into certain customers places of business.  Not this week.  I wore it on every job and never worried about.  

So far, I'd recommend it!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:52:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I had a C-Tac for my 229 and currently run my G19 in an M-Tac. Both were excellent holsters, but I prefer the M-Tac. In fact, I'm wearing it right now.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:52:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I love mine too, no rust issues for me.

I have noticed that the leather rubbed the finish off of my slide lock though
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:54:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I am currently wearing an MTAC and a Comp-Tac belt.
Fantastic product.
I really wish they made an IWB mag pouch.

THEY DO NOW!  Anybody buy one of these yet?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Fantastic product.

Yeah, me too.

Their OWB one isn't too obtrusive though

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:01:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Fantastic product.

Yeah, me too.

Check this bad boy out, must be brand new!

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=135

SOLD OUT!  We have already sold out of our IWB pouches. We are working with Minotaur to see when we will receive our next shipment. Keep an eye on the site for updates!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:02:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Fantastic product.

Yeah, me too.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=135

Got an e-mail earlier this week... They just released one!!!  And its leather!

Beat..  LOL.  It was released on Wednesday, and they're already sold out.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:03:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Yup, my EDC is a G23 in an MTAC:

No rust issues with my G23 and my MTAC in all the time I've worn it.

EDIT - never-mind, I see everybody realizes they have IWB mag pouches now.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:12:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Incidentally, I just sent in an email to apply for their military discount.  They had me registered within about 3 minutes.  Cool

CompTac makes the best holsters around IMO.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top